Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
LunarFog
Animaaal
Ghadis_God
lordgodofhell
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
KnightSolaire0
10 posters

Leo ring build

KnightSolaire0
    KnightSolaire0

Leo ring build Empty Leo ring build

Post by KnightSolaire0 Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:43 pm

http://mmdks.com/20to

My first go at using the leo ring, and got surprisingly good results
    Hurrah
    Any suggestions/ideas would be great, and much appreciated Proper Bow

Praise the Sun

WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Leo ring build Empty Re: Leo ring build

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:47 pm

Looks pretty good.
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:02 pm

KnightSolaire0 wrote:http://mmdks.com/20to

welcome to the forums!!!
    Your build is already really solid and viable.

http://mmdks.com/20wu
    Personally, I value mobility and thus the change. Slightly lower AR will still hit hard with leo. Also, the armor set up looks cool to me.
    Took pw off of the build. As without the lingering ring, it really is a fairly useless spell for duels.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:13 pm

Needs moar Dragon. Roar+Leo counter gives some insane damage.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:14 pm

Hey welcome to the forums bud. Bow
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:33 am

I'd go with the spear. It's easier to instigate slug-offs. Which also means it's easier to spam r1 and get that counter damage several times.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:00 am

Most people will see a spear as a cheap option and try to bs the hell out of you. It usually kills the fun in duels to bring out a spear, a lot of people regard it as a **** move because of how powerful they are.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:07 am

Ghadis_God wrote:Most people will see a spear as a cheap option and try to bs the hell out of you. It usually kills the fun in duels to bring out a spear, a lot of people regard it as a **** move because of how powerful they are.
    This is why you should use a spear. As long as you're hitting r1, even if they're quick enough to bs you it'll be a phantom bs and you won't take any damage. they'll have to resort to either magic(slow enough to dodge) or hitting you back(which will be weaker due to your leo ring)
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:18 am

Like I said, a cheap option that takes away from the other player's fun. If you want to do invasions or random pvp with one that's fine, but I think you're missing the point of dueling, which is to have fun without having to worry about the other person doing all the frustrating and annoying tactics that come from trying really hard to win at any cost. They way you're writing seems to imply that you think that the ends of winning justify the means, which isn't the case with everyone at all times.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:25 am

Ghadis_God wrote:Like I said, a cheap option that takes away from the other player's fun. If you want to do invasions or random pvp with one that's fine, but I think you're missing the point of dueling, which is to have fun without having to worry about the other person doing all the frustrating and annoying tactics that come from trying really hard to win at any cost. They way you're writing seems to imply that you think that the ends of winning justify the means, which isn't the case with everyone at all times.

Why have him limit himself? As long as you're the one having fun short of hacking the game or doing something against it's programming then the ends do justify the means.
    kazumoshi
    kazumoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by kazumoshi Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:34 am

LunarFog wrote:
    Ghadis_God wrote:Like I said, a cheap option that takes away from the other player's fun. If you want to do invasions or random pvp with one that's fine, but I think you're missing the point of dueling, which is to have fun without having to worry about the other person doing all the frustrating and annoying tactics that come from trying really hard to win at any cost. They way you're writing seems to imply that you think that the ends of winning justify the means, which isn't the case with everyone at all times.

Why have him limit himself? As long as you're the one having fun short of hacking the game or doing something against it's programming then the ends do justify the means.

I think Ghadis is just trying to advocate some more fun/challenging/rewarding play then your typical spear combat. Not hating on spears, but after using one for a night I can definitely agree that using them gets old after a couple of matches. Backup spear I could totally understand though.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:12 am

All this spear nay-saying...

Leo ring build Sad_face
    xenon_nobelium
    xenon_nobelium
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by xenon_nobelium Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:08 am

same reason buffing, casting and backstabbing is frowned upon, you'll win (much) more easily but you (and your opponent) get a much more satisfying experience if you can overcome all theese crutches and simply duel it out.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:14 pm

xenon_nobelium wrote:same reason buffing, casting and backstabbing is frowned upon, you'll win (much) more easily but you (and your opponent) get a much more satisfying experience if you can overcome all theese crutches and simply duel it out.

What I think is fun is objectively fun.

Seriously Everyone needs to get off it. player A thinks spears and WoG are EZ mode. Player B thinks dark magic is OP. Player C thinks women's jello wrestling should be in the olympics. And I think it all sucks.

It's a PROGRAMED game, it has rules, it has limitations, it's even had balance work done, or do I need to remind everyone of patches 1.00-1.06.

The guy is building around the LEO RING. To suggest he NOT use a spear in some faculty is nonesense and you all know it. you KNOW his performance with a spear would be fantastic, he even has the Dex to back the best spear (SKS)
    DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:19 pm

+1 to you lunarfog, because i don't think it was fair to downvote you for saying how it is. Shrug

I don't like spears, but that's not to say they're not fun to fight, only when combined with ninja flips do i want to choke the hell out of my opponent. But it's still fair, this is dark souls, everything's fair because there are no rules.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:31 pm

DemonOfFate wrote: +1 to you lunarfog, because i don't think it was fair to downvote you for saying how it is. Shrug

I don't like spears, but that's not to say they're not fun to fight, only when combined with ninja flips do i want to choke the hell out of my opponent. But it's still fair, this is dark souls, everything's fair because there are no rules.

I have a secret admirer who's been downvoting a lot of my posts for no reason. It happens <3
    xenon_nobelium
    xenon_nobelium
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by xenon_nobelium Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:34 pm

just for the record i wasn't stating my opinion, just the general mindset of "serious duelers"... i had great fun with sks dex pyro leo ring when starting pvp until i realised how "easy" theese wins were. imo there are weapons that are easier to win with and some that are harder to win with, all while maintaining a good balance. quickroll and parry being the grand equalizers in a 0lag scenario.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 5:56 am