Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
LunarFog
Phoenix Rising
Krasouski
XuitusTheGreat
SadPanda
9 posters

Possible New Critical Attack

SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Possible New Critical Attack Empty Possible New Critical Attack

Post by SadPanda Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:26 pm

What if when you're poise broke you fall? Similar to when you have low poise you get thrown when someone casts Force/WotG. The system I came up with would be something like this: Poise breaks are similar, say you have 56 poise, you would withstand a GS hit, at the 2nd hit you'd be stunlocked. But what if on the 3rd hit, you fall down instead? It would make stunlocking less reliable, and opening up to the title of the post... If they are knocked down, you could perform a critical hit. Just a quick idea I came up with when my poise broke in PvP.
    XuitusTheGreat
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Possible New Critical Attack Empty Re: Possible New Critical Attack

Post by XuitusTheGreat Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:43 pm

so R1 till critical occurs? I like the fall down idea though, would put an end to stun lock complaints and is an easy way to stop toggle escapes if they still exist. Would also give u a chance to position yourself for a BS but if the player u knock down is skilled allows them to punish the BS attempt. Frankly, I hope 3 hits does knock u down, would end a lot of complaints and the rampant toggle escape glitch.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:55 pm

XuitusTheGreat wrote:so R1 till critical occurs? I like the fall down idea though, would put an end to stun lock complaints and is an easy way to stop toggle escapes if they still exist. Would also give u a chance to position yourself for a BS but if the player u knock down is skilled allows them to punish the BS attempt. Frankly, I hope 3 hits does knock u down, would end a lot of complaints and the rampant toggle escape glitch.
    Well not three hits from anything, just with the standard poise breaks. I want to see more criticals in general, but I don't want them to be as easy as a backstab, or as simple to obtain as parry spamming. Off topic, I wish that there were more BS animations, such as with a dagger you could cut their throat or something, and something like kicking them to their knees and chopping the neck if you had a greatsword. Would make PvP a little more theatrical.
    XuitusTheGreat
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XuitusTheGreat Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:14 pm

the extra animations actually do happen if you have the hornet ring equipped and critical a player:)
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:18 pm

I know, but I mean instead of the same BS animation for 30+ weapons, that the different categories have different animations. Hornet ring shouldn't dictate whether or not the animation changes IMO, but whatever floats peoples boat I guess. Btw, in your first post, the crit. wouldn't be 3 hits, and then an animation plays where they fall and you automatically stab them, it would be something borderline to a very small window, and there would be some way for the fallen player to recover, but not in a cheesy CoD cinematic way.
    Krasouski
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Krasouski Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:38 pm

If I understood it correctly,we already had this on demon's souls,some strengh weapons could knock players down
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:44 pm

I'd like to see a special riposte animation for each weapon if the riposte kills them. Like a special "fatal animation".
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Fri May 03, 2013 3:59 pm

I like the knockdown idea. great way to stop stunlocking
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Fri May 03, 2013 7:13 pm

I honestly don't agree with this.
    One of the main reasons I don't like backstabbing is that it prolongs the fight. You just kind of sit there and wait for your opponent to get it. It gets awkward when a fight takes 5 minutes because both people have to wait for the other to stand back up after a backstab. This idea will just draw fights out even longer than they should be, especially when the fight is between a 0 poise player. Imagine having 0 poise and every time you get hit you have to wait 5 seconds so you can continue the fight... it's just going to get annoying. On top of that, if you could do a critical hit against a downed opponent, that would just make stunlocking even BETTER because you could regain stamina while they're still on the ground instead of the usual "Stop destroying them when you're out of stamina"
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:11 am

From the new GT interview, it's confirmed that when you parry the enemy falls down. FROM obviously watches my posts :x

No, probably not. But still, I'm glad that parries will feel more raw and powerful.
    samster628
    samster628
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by samster628 Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:34 am

I have never really seen stunlocking to be a big problem (i play on PS3 by the way) and am against the idea of just another way to get criticals on players. Almost every fight i lose is with a backstab critical (generally from six feet in front of me) and half of the rest is a parry spam.
    That said i do think against a low poise they should be knocked down. I think for some weapons like the spear you should not be able to knock down. Then for lets say people below 20 poise a greatsword can knock you down then Ultra greatswords and clubs can knock people below 40 poise down etc.
    They can only be knocked down on the first hit but there is another window say 20-35 poise for  greatsword to be able to stun them and get in another hit. After the second hit the enemy is knocked back out of range of the attack and if free to move. Oh and the enemy who you knock down you can get a critical on. About 25% less than backstab damage with a cool execution animation.
    In this way it prevents stunlocks and gives a better chance of heavy loaded players against light ones (i think it is a little unbalanced at the moment). Your views please.

Last edited by samster628 on Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:19 am; edited 1 time in total
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:35 am

It would make strength/tank builds pretty OP. You, Sir, should work on your grammar.
    samster628
    samster628
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by samster628 Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:18 am

Myztyrio wrote:It would make strength/tank builds pretty OP. You, Sir, should work on your grammar.
    First of all GRAMMER NAZI. second how so (bar when i wrote know instead of knocked by accident).)
    DS_Dene
    DS_Dene
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DS_Dene Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:39 pm

I heard that you can avoid the third and most fatal strike while you're getting bsed.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:11 pm

samster628 wrote:
    Myztyrio wrote:It would make strength/tank builds pretty OP. You, Sir, should work on your grammar.
    First of all GRAMMER NAZI. second how so (bar when i wrote know instead of knocked by accident).)

My post was directed at the OP silly
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:24 pm

Myztyrio wrote:
    samster628 wrote:

My post was directed at the OP silly
    What did I do wrong?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:25 am