Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Dibsville
Myztyrio
7 posters

Should I make this Build?

Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Should I make this Build? Empty Should I make this Build?

Post by Myztyrio Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:19 am

I am aspiring to become a better PvPer, so I would like to make a largely encompassing build. I figured a quality build would be the best choice, but my current quality build isn't quite optimal. See anything about this that should be changed?

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=317367958762785567
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Should I make this Build? Empty Re: Should I make this Build?

Post by Dibsville Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:28 am

You're only going to need around 31 poise. Dark Hand is a better off-hand unless you seriously think you'll be getting hits in with that Cestus. Other than those two things the build looks pretty solid.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:29 am

I don't know, honestly. It's a borderline call for me. I have to ask: What attracts you to this build?
    jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by jaythibodeau Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:34 am

Eh, I wouldn't really use an off-hand Cestus. For some reason, it's damage is really low with that L1 strike. I'd probably just change it out for a Dark Hand since those can be quite handy situationally. Not to mention it would compliment your spear with the ability to poke from behind it. Also, since the Partizan has a similar moveset to the SKS, you could try that since it has a higher AR.

Only other thing that I could think of would be getting rid of that GMW buff to get some more Vit.
    Shrug

Here's what I came up with:
    http://mmdks.com/22nk
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:39 am

It has versatility in weapon choices, pretty much pure melee. The cestus can be used as a quick counter, and is a really nice parrying animation. The build has maximized phys. damage past the 31 poise breakpoint.
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:41 am

I say try it. You never really know how good a build is until you use it for while. All my favourite toons were unexpected successes.
    LordTransvalence
    LordTransvalence
    Casual
    Casual

Post by LordTransvalence Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:47 am

I think this is pretty good. Up d it , and fav 'd lol!
    Stonedtrooper
    Stonedtrooper

Post by Stonedtrooper Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:30 am

Oh, a quality build that fights in a similar way as mine! Time for an in-depth analysis!
    http://mmdks.com/22oj
    I use a somewhat similar dual wield build but it's Dex, not quality. I sacrificed Str for Att/Fth (body buffs) and End (higher weight limit).
    Also, I keep one heavy 5.0-6.0 weight weapon and light weapon in each hand.

My first major concern with your build is the weapon selection. I'm not sure if you plan on inventory swapping with your build. I highly recommend you do that. It gives you more options which is the main strength of any melee-only dual wield build.

For the 6.0 weight heavy weapons, I inventory swap between SKS, Claymore, Chaos Blade, Great Scythe.
    For your build, maybe replace SKS (if you don't mind losing range advantage) with some other 6.0 (or less) weight quality weapon such as Halberd to keep the damage output up. But of course, only use weapons with movesets that you are comfortable with.

For the fast weapon, I usually use Shotel. Shotel also functions as an anti-turtle/parry fisher weapon so maybe consider swapping it in your build too. Your build only has the Cestus as a fast weapon which is fast and can parry but has a very short range. It seems kind of pointless how whether to attack or parry, you would need to get right up to the enemy's face. Like a previous poster said, might as well use a Dark Hand instead for better defense if you can manage to fit another fast weapon for offense into your build.
    If you're willing to inventory switch your catalyst and abandon the Cestus for a bare fist, maybe this:
    http://mmdks.com/22ql
    http://mmdks.com/22q9

and if you're fine with the other weapons, you could go between these:
    http://mmdks.com/22qn bleed
    http://mmdks.com/22qh

I also use a Notched Whip as a utility weapon mostly against the good players that parry and occasionally against turtles/parry fishers. It can parry too so maybe it could serve as a replacement for the Cestus.
    It's completely up to you to mix and match anything you can think of.

Second major issue with your build is the weight limit. You could probably wear lighter and better armour to bring up the poise and/or allow for equipping another weapon. But if you're min/maxing for swag, then forget I said any of that.

It just seems like such a waste to me that quality builds should have
    1) a much bigger selection of weapons to choose from
    2) higher DPS output and poise damage
    than a dex build but your weapon setup only uses two instead of the potential four weapons (no, I'm not counting the Cestus silly) and only one of which is a quality weapon. If it weren't for the low poise, you could pretty much trade hits with any other weapon of the same or lighter weight class as your weapons aside from leo ring thrust weapons.
    Again, if you're min/maxing for swag or do not like the movesets of other weapons aside from the SKS, Claymore, and Cestus, then forget I said anything.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:39 am