Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
barecanvas
russiannightmare
6 posters

theory on souls gained from invasions

russiannightmare
    russiannightmare
    Addicted
    Addicted

theory on souls gained from invasions Empty theory on souls gained from invasions

Post by russiannightmare Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:48 am

So over the past few weeks I have done some invading as a red spirit(used cracked orbs not as DW), darkmoon, and forest hunter. Before I go any further I will say I don't have any hard data to backup my theory just observations made while playing. I believe the amount of souls gained from each invasion has to do with the purpose of each covenant. For instance the purpose of the DM is to make the guilty pay the price as the victory scene says so in return they get the smallest percentage of the host soul level. The purpose of the DW and I'm adding cracked orbs to this because they function the same way is to steal the host humanity so in return they to receive a percentage of souls based on the host soul level. Now for the covenant that ppl can't seem to figure out, the forest hunters. I believe they receive however many souls the host has in their inventory at the time of victory not base on the host soul level as this would explain the vast different amount of souls that ppl have claimed to get from invading in the forest. My evidence for this is what Alvina the Cat says when joining to covenant. She says whatever you pillage is your's for the taking. Now yes you get good shards from winning in the forest but you can also get the ever useless RUBBISH for a victory as well. This is all I have for now I welcome your evidence or thoughts to support my theory or disspell it.
    barecanvas
    Addicted
    Addicted

theory on souls gained from invasions Empty Re: theory on souls gained from invasions

Post by barecanvas Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:54 am

I have over 25million souls on me and i have yet to hear some kid in the forest cov freak out to me on xbox aboyt them getting 25million souls from their kill on me, so i think what you said cant be true.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

theory on souls gained from invasions Empty Re: theory on souls gained from invasions

Post by Yukon Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:58 am

This also wouldn't account for people running around with 0 souls. Unless you get a standard amount of souls below a certain number.

Usually my invasions only turn out 400 souls a death, which is laughable. but this is against people using MLGS and lightening katanas.. going venture that they are a higher level than .. what 8? lol.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:33 am

russiannightmare wrote:So over the past few weeks I have done some invading as a red spirit(used cracked orbs not as DW), darkmoon, and forest hunter. Before I go any further I will say I don't have any hard data to backup my theory just observations made while playing. I believe the amount of souls gained from each invasion has to do with the purpose of each covenant. For instance the purpose of the DM is to make the guilty pay the price as the victory scene says so in return they get the smallest percentage of the host soul level. The purpose of the DW and I'm adding cracked orbs to this because they function the same way is to steal the host humanity so in return they to receive a percentage of souls based on the host soul level. Now for the covenant that ppl can't seem to figure out, the forest hunters. I believe they receive however many souls the host has in their inventory at the time of victory not base on the host soul level as this would explain the vast different amount of souls that ppl have claimed to get from invading in the forest. My evidence for this is what Alvina the Cat says when joining to covenant. She says whatever you pillage is your's for the taking. Now yes you get good shards from winning in the forest but you can also get the ever useless RUBBISH for a victory as well. This is all I have for now I welcome your evidence or thoughts to support my theory or disspell it.

I am a hunter and my theory on the amount of souls you receive for killing a host is based upon at least two variables: (1) 10% of the souls needed by the host to obtain the next level ( I think the host would get 50% of the souls needed by the phantom to reach next level); (2) x% (10% or 50% - this is also based upon the kill perspective ???) of the souls the host/invader has in their pocket. I also believe there is cap on the amount of souls you can receive for killing host (and minion). For example I have fought two mod toons when I have invaded - one host had infinite health but was feeling generous after he parried my butt and jumped off a cliff. He PMd me later and said he had like 1 trillion souls in his pocket - I received approximately 1 million souls when he killed himself - so the 10% rule would not be applicable since 10% of 1 trillion is 100 billion and I definitely did not get that much so a cap must have kicked in (plus most mod toons are SL0 - so no souls received base on SL diff to next level). I was able to kill the other mod toon, who also was probably at SL0 and had no souls in his pocket because I received NO SOULS FOR THE KILL. I was kind of mad :x because the host almost one shotted me with a crazy powerful soul spear - the toon's INT was probably set artificially high.

There is calculator available which provides you an idea of the soul level of your victim based upon the kill perspective (host or invader) but it does not factor in souls in the victim's pocket though.

I think this issue will remain a mystery for sometime to come.
    russiannightmare
    russiannightmare
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by russiannightmare Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:40 am

thanks for your thoughts I'm not saying my theory is fool proof but I believe someone on this forum recently posted that they had a maxed out character that he or she was trying to use as a DM with no success and they were asked to join the forest covenant to test out lvl limits and I believe I read that that was a bust because they weren't getting many invasions from ppl far below him there also. Now I had a character that was between lvl 200-250 that I was using in the forst covenant and I got regular invasions with this toon. My apologizes to the person I'm talking about but I don't remember who is was or what post it was on hopefully you'll read this and post here if your testing continued with different results
    Pargar-theGreat
    Pargar-theGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pargar-theGreat Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:48 am

on ng++ i've gotten over 24 mill for one kill, and though i'm not sure about a cap: but im with you "brokewilly" on a percentage im not sure what that % is but i'd maybe "which i say loosely" say it is off their total soul count
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:04 am

I'm not entirely sure on the numbers, but I know against the higher SL opponents I've been getting a lot more in the forest. However, I have fought people that were SL 120 and gave me less than a few who were around SL 70. So it might be based off of what they're carrying, I can't really say.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 27, 2024 1:39 am