Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
Rynn
CrackSouls
SirArchmage
Animaaal
IIdoneus
raecor14
Cronotis
Saturday-Saint
Dibsville
xenon_nobelium
Sneezer
densetsushun
LunarFog
RANT
Ghadis_God
User1
JoeBurg
21 posters

Best PvP Strength Weapon in ur Opinion

JoeBurg
    JoeBurg

Best PvP Strength Weapon in ur Opinion  Empty Best PvP Strength Weapon in ur Opinion

Post by JoeBurg Tue May 14, 2013 7:09 pm

I made a strength build and have been trying out some weapons to see what is the most effective strength based PvP weapon so far i like the Man-Serpent Sword the best, i was just curious to see what strength based weapons u guys prefer to use or feel is the most effective
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Best PvP Strength Weapon in ur Opinion  Empty Re: Best PvP Strength Weapon in ur Opinion

Post by User1 Tue May 14, 2013 7:10 pm

Pickaxe.
    JoeBurg
    JoeBurg

Best PvP Strength Weapon in ur Opinion  Empty Re: Best PvP Strength Weapon in ur Opinion

Post by JoeBurg Tue May 14, 2013 7:12 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:Pickaxe.

really? haha i always thought that was just a goofy weapon to use, i didnt know it was actually effective
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Tue May 14, 2013 7:13 pm

It's fantastic.
    Especially with Leo Ring.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Tue May 14, 2013 7:14 pm

Maserpent Greatsword is a good choice considering how awesome it looks but I really like the Great Club and Demon's Great Machete as well.
    JoeBurg
    JoeBurg

Post by JoeBurg Tue May 14, 2013 7:16 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:It's fantastic.
    Especially with Leo Ring.

hmm i'll certainly give it a try then, this weapon never would have been on my radar without ur suggestion lol so thanks big grin
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Tue May 14, 2013 7:17 pm

No prob.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue May 14, 2013 7:18 pm

DGM,MSGS and the reinforced club.
    JoeBurg
    JoeBurg

Post by JoeBurg Tue May 14, 2013 7:18 pm

Ghadis_God wrote:Maserpent Greatsword is a good choice considering how awesome it looks but I really like the Great Club and Demon's Great Machete as well.

I have tried the Demon Machete and it dishes out some serious damage but i feel that its a little to slow for me, i do like to use it for parries though, havent played much with the great club so i'll give that a try
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Tue May 14, 2013 7:19 pm

Spear

Um....Reinforced club and Black Knight Greataxe
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Tue May 14, 2013 7:19 pm

DGA or the Great Club
    JoeBurg
    JoeBurg

Post by JoeBurg Tue May 14, 2013 7:20 pm

Black Knight greataxe is awesome I do like that alot
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer Tue May 14, 2013 7:22 pm

The moveset for the pickaxe isn't exactly quality, it's more of a gimmick weapon.
    The Man Serpent Greatsword is very good if you're comfortable with that class of weapons, the Handaxe is handy in a pinch, many people absolutely love the Black Knight Greataxe. I personally have been using the Demon's Greataxe with fast roll lately, and I'm loving it.
    JoeBurg
    JoeBurg

Post by JoeBurg Tue May 14, 2013 7:25 pm

Sneezer wrote:The moveset for the pickaxe isn't exactly quality, it's more of a gimmick weapon.
    The Man Serpent Greatsword is very good if you're comfortable with that class of weapons, the Handaxe is handy in a pinch, many people absolutely love the Black Knight Greataxe. I personally have been using the Demon's Greataxe with fast roll lately, and I'm loving it.

I have also been using the Demons Greataxe of late, the spining attack from roll is nice and that thing dishes out so much damage
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Tue May 14, 2013 7:26 pm

I could say the same about the MSGS.
    Running attack? Easy dead angles.
    I see a load of spam of that running attack with the MSGS.
    xenon_nobelium
    xenon_nobelium
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by xenon_nobelium Tue May 14, 2013 7:34 pm

i think man serpent greatsword is the best allrounder concerning dmg and moveset but i personaly like the large club best. 1h moveset is just awesome, 2h roll R1 also fantastic if you spot high poise builds. just be always aware of roll BS punishment, nothing that weapon has is 100% safe. quick roll is encouraged.
    another weapon to have on you radar is the jagged ghost blade: it's basically a light offhand falchion with less dmg and reach but no dex req.! one of the few offhand options on a true str build that can parry.
    other good weapons are iron golem axe, butcherknife, hand axe, and aforementioned demon machete and pickaxe, also a heavy or light crossbow is a good alternative for a bow (have one near your ghostblade for a quick menuswap).
    JoeBurg
    JoeBurg

Post by JoeBurg Tue May 14, 2013 7:37 pm

hmm ghostblade, thats interesting
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Tue May 14, 2013 7:43 pm

JoeBurg wrote:
    Ghadis_God wrote:Maserpent Greatsword is a good choice considering how awesome it looks but I really like the Great Club and Demon's Great Machete as well.

I have tried the Demon Machete and it dishes out some serious damage but i feel that its a little to slow for me, i do like to use it for parries though, havent played much with the great club so i'll give that a try
    If you don't like slow you're looking in the wrong place with Str weapons. The Giant Blacksmith hammer is on the faster side for Str but you have to kill the Giant Blacksmith to get it. The ghostblade is extremely weak and is good for a quick hit to finish off low health opponents who get defensive and dodgy, but the Handaxe also fits that role and does significantly more damage.
    JoeBurg
    JoeBurg

Post by JoeBurg Tue May 14, 2013 7:49 pm

Ghadis_God wrote:
    JoeBurg wrote:

If you don't like slow you're looking in the wrong place with Str weapons. The Giant Blacksmith hammer is on the faster side for Str but you have to kill the Giant Blacksmith to get it. The ghostblade is extremely weak and is good for a quick hit to finish off low health opponents who get defensive and dodgy, but the Handaxe also fits that role and does significantly more damage.

but i would say demon machete is on the slower side of str weapons, thts why I prefer man serpent sword offer it but i havent given the handaxe a try so i will experiment with that
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue May 14, 2013 8:08 pm

I want a straight sword that scales with str, the broadsword would've ben perfect for it, I want that thing to have an A scaling in str on dks2. make it happen FROM, dex gets the bss(arguably the best straight sword in the game) and str gets crap.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Tue May 14, 2013 8:30 pm

Easily the Mace.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Tue May 14, 2013 8:31 pm

MSGS, BKGA.
    Cronotis
    Cronotis
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cronotis Tue May 14, 2013 8:42 pm

Large Club > Great Club: Better move-set, practically identical damage, less weight.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Tue May 14, 2013 8:47 pm

Great club has more phantom range and a larger hitbox on the roll r1. The damage difference isn't tiny either, it's a good 30 point increase.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Tue May 14, 2013 8:56 pm

black knight halberd

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 3:28 pm