Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

First Playthrough Human---Questions

callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

First Playthrough Human---Questions Empty First Playthrough Human---Questions

Post by callipygias Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:39 pm

After many many hundreds of hours of Dark Souls, always avoiding pvp whenever possible, I've decided to do a playthrough while human. BUT!!! I'm doing it with my main guy, level 333, so that way I figure I won't be invaded much.

I just finished Sen's and I've only been invaded twice so far but I have questions about both. The first one (Undead Parish) was a full-on dragon, but I one-hit him with the r1 attack of a +15 Great Scythe buffed with Sunlight Blade. How is that possible if he's within 10% of level 333?

Second one happened right at the fog gate to the Iron Golem. I should mention that the reason I decided to play this round human is so that I can summon all the NPCs at boss fights to see what it's like (Solaire I've summoned a few times before, here and there). So I'm messing with my gear at the fog gate when I get invaded. Had no idea where invaders spawn but figured I had a little time. WRONG! Invader hits me from behind, 2-handed, and only dealt about 300-400 hp damage, one second later Tarkus one-shots him with his greatsword. How could level 300+ be one-shot by an npc?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

First Playthrough Human---Questions Empty Re: First Playthrough Human---Questions

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:43 pm

I believe invaders can invade up in level outside the 10% rule.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

First Playthrough Human---Questions Empty Re: First Playthrough Human---Questions

Post by Yesuurd Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:44 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:I believe invaders can invade up in level outside the 10% rule.

Dayum you beat me to it and also depends on his humanity, armor, vitality etc...
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:46 pm

Right, invaders can only invade up, not down.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:46 pm

you'd be suprised. glass cannons are gaining steam as a build. also darkwraith have no upper invasion cap. a 21 darkwraith could invade a 569 host though not so the other way around.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:48 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:you'd be suprised. glass cannons are gaining steam as a build. also darkwraith have no upper invasion cap. a 21 darkwraith could invade a 569 host though not so the other way around.

Gotta love DW, that's why I can't change from that covenant I like the challenge too much...
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:52 pm

lol. if i'm looking for a challenge i walk through the gate of astorias. instant 2 or 3v1
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:15 pm

Oh! I thought that was only in Darkroot Garden. Thanks for the info. I started to feel kind of bad for a second, but the last rat snuck up from behind, so he earned it.

I think I'll keep a powerful and a not-so-powerful weapon in my right hand slots. If they bow I'll use the weaker one.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:19 pm

Crap. This might end up costing me a slab. After resting at the first Anor Londo bonfire it went out, but no invasion. I played through the level like normal, but Siegmeyer isn't there. I talked to him both times at Sen's.

Quit and restart didn't bring him back. Any ideas? I don't really need the slab, but I wanted to give the (mythical) happy ending another try.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:30 am