Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
KrazykevS10
LunarFog
Agent0range
7 posters

SL50 2h Havel GS Shield Trapping Build

Agent0range
    Agent0range

SL50 2h Havel GS Shield Trapping Build Empty SL50 2h Havel GS Shield Trapping Build

Post by Agent0range Tue May 21, 2013 12:44 pm

Hey guys, I'm new to these forums and I just decided to post a build to see your opinions on it, It's a low enough SL shield trapping build which is made for invading random noobs and trapping them in corners / thin corridors, It's pretty entertaining to invade at places like lord soul areas where people are not generally waiting for pvp. You would be suprised how many people do not understand dead angle or do not know that you have to use the r2 on the shotel to get through shields...
    Build link: http://mmdks.com/2evk
    I usually alternate rings to magic stoneplate / flame stoneplate if I come across spell / pyro builds.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

SL50 2h Havel GS Shield Trapping Build Empty Re: SL50 2h Havel GS Shield Trapping Build

Post by LunarFog Tue May 21, 2013 1:07 pm

You might as well just use the Artorias Shield in your left hand.

It's almost a guarantee that no one will be able to break your guard since the stability is so high. And it'll give you an opportunity to be able to attack back.
    Agent0range
    Agent0range

SL50 2h Havel GS Shield Trapping Build Empty Re: SL50 2h Havel GS Shield Trapping Build

Post by Agent0range Tue May 21, 2013 1:14 pm

Thank you for the reply, however I've tried using Artorias shield and although the blocking of poison is nice I find that I usually get soul spear spammed or dark bead spammed and end up just getting killed from getting spammed with magic due to the 50% reduction on it.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Tue May 21, 2013 1:15 pm

I'd also go with the Artorias shield so prevent bleed.That will be the best way to kill you since you can't parry.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue May 21, 2013 1:18 pm

Yeah the Artorias shield is a life saver for some builds. High stablity, and protection is has makes it very well. Also if you are going to trap people of course they will just spam dark bead and the like since it is fast to do.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Tue May 21, 2013 1:22 pm

You could always carry both shields and just swap as needed.
    Agent0range
    Agent0range

Post by Agent0range Tue May 21, 2013 1:31 pm

Hm yes I could switch between shields however it always seems as if everyone carries some sort of spell when I invade them lol, also I swear I've tried using the Artorias shield on bleeders and it appeared as if it did not protect against bleed, thank you for the suggestion however if this were true I would just use it with full havels or something. I will need to test it again I suppose.
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Tue May 21, 2013 1:35 pm

GShieldOA doesn't actually protect from bleed/poison in PvP, you know... I discovered this on my Artorias cosplay when I fought some katana spammer. It's probably best to use Havel's Greatshield with some stamina boosters such as grass shield on back, cloranthy ring, mask of child. Definitely do not use one of the armours such as Black Iron, Giant's or Golem which reduce stamina regeneration.
    Agent0range
    Agent0range

Post by Agent0range Tue May 21, 2013 1:39 pm

I had started the build intending to use a combination of maxed resistance light armours however I found the resistances to things like magic and fire damage were not high enough, the intent of the build is to simply stand there and be a nuisance and does not intend to actually kill the host maybe I should have established that in the original post lol oops..
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Tue May 21, 2013 3:41 pm

Hi Agent Wave
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Tue May 21, 2013 4:02 pm

I suggest ditching the mid roll and going fat roll. Tanking stuff at that low a level can be very effective. Also, please, ditch the tail axe. That is a hideous weapon. Use a Greataxe or Golem axe if you want to stay in the axe category.
    Agent0range
    Agent0range

Post by Agent0range Tue May 21, 2013 4:06 pm

The gargoyle axe is only there for the bleed resist and poison resist as it is better than bloodshield. I might just switch to full havels or something and fat roll thanks for the suggestion...

And hey lord didn't know you're on this forum lol.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:58 am