Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
reim0027
Werdax
Elifia
O1va_
Animaaal
AnCapaillMor
KrazykevS10
Avenger649
GrinTwist
skarekrow13
Marino.
Dibsville
Nightmare Moon
17 posters

Forest Invaders

Nightmare Moon
    Nightmare Moon
    Regular
    Regular

Forest Invaders - Page 2 Empty Re: Forest Invaders

Post by Nightmare Moon Sun May 26, 2013 10:26 pm

Yea i remember that alright ^^ i managed to get a few deathmatches in on the ps3 but when i went back to the arena i could never get a single match. Much derpy love to you Forest Invaders - Page 2 460936331
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon May 27, 2013 11:56 pm

Hosting in the forest and expecting fair fights is a bad idea. If you host there, you should expect to be jumped. That is the way it is played and that is how the regulars (on both sides) want it to stay.

As far as ganking, catbros get the worst of it by far. I'd say that 90% of the time, I spawn and get mercilessly ganked.

Everything and anything goes there. That is expected. And, IMO, honor duels there are not ethical for that meta. Just as ganking is nor honorable anywhere else. We want to be ganked/jumped. Our builds are designed for it.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Tue May 28, 2013 12:09 am

Forest invaders are mostly scum, the only reason they get a good rep is because of a few cool people on the forums and a few cool people doing youtube vids.
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Tue May 28, 2013 12:14 am

Going to the forest looking for honest duels is like going to a brothel looking for your soul-mate.
    xB_WEEZYx
    xB_WEEZYx
    Regular
    Regular

Post by xB_WEEZYx Tue May 28, 2013 3:18 am

at the end of the day
    the forest is Fvcked regardless whether you invade or host
    nuff said Coffee!

good place to hone your PvP skills though
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Tue May 28, 2013 4:10 am

Werdax wrote:I regularly host in the forest, and I rarely see anybody who is not going for the kill instantly. I usually position myself next to Alvina's location, to give are clear visual for my invaders, that I am alone.
    When they spot me, they either run away, awaiting backup, or shoot arrows or sorcery after me. Presumably for the same cause.
    Lost count of the amount of times i saw host up there bowed and mid fight someone walks out of alvina's or from where the ninja usually is and bs's or dark beads me. don't blame the catbro's, 90% of the time it's a gank squad a catbro is going to bump into.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Tue May 28, 2013 4:58 am

I don't see whats so wrong with waiting for some fun 2 vs 2 action in the forest since the arena is broke as ****.

Not everyone wants to gank or fight gankers.

Not everyone makes a build to fight gankers.

Not everyone makes a ganker build.

Not everyone is happy with the arena.

Some people have realized the potential the forest has for easy and fun 2 vs 2 since release.
    Some people will still seek it AND get it.

Some people have been sick and tired of the same ol' boring boxing ring 4-1 1 vs 1 duels since Demon's Souls.

Try and arrange 2 vs 2 fights. Takes forever, and if your buddy has a bad connection then screw it.

Imo, the potential of the forest has been wasted.

If I summon you, and you backstab a bower, I'm black crystaling you and wasting your time. Well What is it
    wolfboy
    Regular
    Regular

Post by wolfboy Tue May 28, 2013 10:32 pm

I duel all the time in the forest- both as a host and as an invader... Mostly I try to be polite and respectful- and many people return the sentiment...

When I host I almost never summon phantoms unless I specifically want to gank... and generally I don't find ganking very fun... I do like fighting gankers though when I invade...

When invading, I try to play whatever game the host wants... The forest is my favorite place to PVP because people there seem to be more willing to just go with pretty much anything...
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Tue May 28, 2013 11:15 pm

My $0.02 . . . Keep your fair duelling out of the forest. I'm there because I want to fight tooth and nail, to the death, against anything my opponent can throw at me. I will do the same, and I don't want someone start to spouting how I am cheap I'm playing or about me violating their "rules of engagement". I won't complain at them for doing the same strategies. The only rule I want in the forest is "no rules". Do anything to win.

You can do 2vs2 anywhere. If you want honor, it has no place in the Forest.
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Tue May 28, 2013 11:36 pm

reim0027 wrote:My $0.02 . . . Keep your fair duelling out of the forest. I'm there because I want to fight tooth and nail, to the death, against anything my opponent can throw at me. I will do the same, and I don't want someone start to spouting how I am cheap I'm playing or about me violating their "rules of engagement". I won't complain at them for doing the same strategies. The only rule I want in the forest is "no rules". Do anything to win.

You can do 2vs2 anywhere. If you want honor, it has no place in the Forest.
    When I explain PvP to new people playing Dark Souls, I tell them "Now, there is etiquette in pvp. You should bow, not attack them while they are bowing, don't chain bs, don't run off to enemies, don't heal, things like that. But there is one place in Dark Souls that every etiquette and moral you have about pvp in this game is thrown out the window and stomped on. Anything goes, it is one giant clusterbuck. That place? Well, it's called the forest."
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Wed May 29, 2013 4:33 am

reim0027 wrote:...You can do 2vs2 anywhere. If you want honor, it has no place in the Forest...

Not really. You could go to Dark Anor, but that place had a reputation for cheap ganking tactics before the forest did by far.

Also, the forest and Dark Anor are the only places you can get 2 vs 2 WITHOUT harming your teammate.

You cannot do this any other way. If you summon 2 reds, they can still hit each other with friendly fire. Darkroot and Dark Anor are unique in this aspect.

Besides, if you want a better ganking and "ruthless" environment, why not Dark Anor? You have the entire castle, with the "vibe" of the DMBs, much better hiding spots, and waaaaaaay better AI enemies to team up with.

So in end I'm going to the forest, I shall not leave my honor behind so nananabooboo. :razz:

Seriously though reim, sometimes you make it sound like if you're not backstabbing bowers in the forest, then you aint doin it right. Something I dislike very much. Shrug

But hey, to each their own...see ya there soon wave
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed May 29, 2013 10:36 pm

It has more to do with the location. The forest meta is "anything goes". Going against that meta is akin to ganking in the moonpit. Most people go there for a no holds barred fighting style. And, we would like to keep it that way. I also want to keep the moonpit an honorable duelling area.

The gist of the matter is this. We have established metas in different locations. The forest has, for as long as I could remember, been gank central, on both ends. And, we like it like that.

And, Dark Anor is similar, but the lock on is strange, the area is dark, and the traffic is lower. And, you can accidentally invade Dark Anor, if you are invading as a Darkwraith. Not so in the forest. You know what you are getting into. Forest wins, IMO.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 28, 2024 9:04 pm