Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Green__Eagle
Sentiel
Jansports
dsg78gaming
8 posters

A unique Challenge ?

Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

A unique Challenge ? - Page 2 Empty Re: A unique Challenge ?

Post by Dibsville Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:09 am

I know I'm a little late on the draw, but I'm definitely doing this challenge soon.

Sounds really cool.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:07 am

A +15 Reinforced Club with Gold Pine should make mincemeat out of 4kids, just get into RTSR range and stay there. With RTSR you will kill each king easily before the next spawns.

Though personally I am saving my Hand Axe for them as you can often get two hits inbetween their attacks while the club only gets 1 (and each hit applies the buff damage)

Firebombs are for Capra. Throwing Knives for Taurus and Poison Knives I'll use on Sif now that I know it's possible (not entirely sure which other bosses they would take down....probably pinwheel but I was going to broken sword his easy butt)

The hardest part is figuring out where to put the thrown items, because you have a limited amount I don't think it'd be possible to kill Seath with throwing knives, you'd run out.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:44 pm

I've never used the red tearstone ring before, but I guess it's worth a shot. I could only die again, right? winking

I've already used two slabs to max equipment... I'd hate to have to farm for another. I'm stuck at a Lightning+4
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:06 pm

After what seems like weeks of fighting (but I guess it was only a day), the Four Kings are finally dead!

I just have Gwyn to go. I think I'm going to take a trip to the Hidden Hollow first for Demon's titanite to fully upgrade the Crystal Ring Shield. If I decide to try this challenge on ng+ (but use different weapons against different bosses), I will need that shield at +5. I probably won't attempt this challenge at ng+. The Four Kings [shudder]....

[ ... what a wasted trip. The Great Hollow has Dragon Stones, not Demon's titanite... ]

Anyway, here's the gear/tactics I used on the Four Kings on ng.

Spoiler:

I would like to thank DSG78gaming for his encouragement on my fight with the Four Kings. I had given up trying this setup for the fight, but he told me that he was able to defeat them using that armor.

[ ... I made a couple of corrections to my response ... ]
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:01 am

Gwyn is dead; finally. There was a lot of farming involved in this challenge. I did a lot of co-op to buy items/ore. There was plenty of satisfaction and plenty of frustration.

It took me 103 hours over 19 days to complete this challenge. I'm glad it's over. I think I'm going to take a break from Dark Souls now.

Here's my gear and tactics. I would love to read how other people are doing on this challenge. The first bosses are the best fights. When you get to the Lord's Souls, you should be down to your strongest weapons. With the exception of Bed of Chaos, of course.

Spoiler:

BTW, DSG78gaming has completed his video uploads; there are six videos that are well worth watching.
    dsg78gaming
    dsg78gaming
    Casual
    Casual

Post by dsg78gaming Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:50 pm

Green__Eagle wrote:Gwyn is dead; finally. There was a lot of farming involved in this challenge. I did a lot of co-op to buy items/ore. There was plenty of satisfaction and plenty of frustration.

It took me 103 hours over 19 days to complete this challenge. I'm glad it's over. I think I'm going to take a break from Dark Souls now.

BTW, DSG78gaming has completed his video uploads; there are six videos that are well worth watching.
    Well done in completing this challenge and thanks for all your support in trying to gain more interest in this series.  Hope u enjoyed doing this challenge,  will be doing some more vids soon but with a more fun and relaxed theme so check those out.

Everyone do please have a look at this challenge as it was actually fun to do and difficult at times as well happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:17 pm