Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Scudman_Slayer
papael
k0rruptid
Yarxov
bending_sinister
Robotech
Doelker
Ser Winston
ChizFreak
Dustofsaturn
Carphil
Liff Daddy
nsane32
Gundragon
18 posters

I am ashamed

Gundragon
    Gundragon

I am ashamed Empty I am ashamed

Post by Gundragon Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:14 pm

I am ashamed. I'm probably the only person who has trouble beating Seath the Scaleless. I'm not going after his tail I'm just trying to kill him. I can get him down to a quarter of health but after that I die instantly from his breath attack or his tail slam. I know I'm supposed to stay to his side but he just keeps killing me. This is in NG. Help?
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

I am ashamed Empty Re: I am ashamed

Post by nsane32 Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:16 pm

run to his wait for breath attack get behind tail hit 2 or 3 time run repeat also I can help if on XBL GT:nsane32
    Liff Daddy
    Liff Daddy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Liff Daddy Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:16 pm

I always just bait his breath attack and then whack away at one of his side tails until he's ready to attack again.

Haven't had an issue with that method yet!
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:19 pm

Not a shame, I died a lot of times trying to get the tail, but if you don't want it, its even easier:

You know he has three tails. The mid one is the one who drops the sword, but if you attacl the mid one, he will go crazy and use the "tail slam" which killed you, so you have to hit one of the side tails. Use light equipment to run fast, because during the fight, he keep turning around the stage, i recomend you to use the stamina ring and/or the grass crest shield, because you will have to run and recover stamina fast to hit him. Cursebite ring helps a lot in this fight. Two hand your weapon, stay away from the crystals and if you get stuck into a lot of crystals, you can actually block the damage with your shield. If you have a good shield, you can block the tail slam too. Its better than try to roll.

good luck
    Dustofsaturn
    Dustofsaturn
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Dustofsaturn Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:22 pm

You could run to his middle belly than run to the left (you'll still be in front of him but in an area where to my understanding) he won't be able to hit you with anything bu his AoE Crystal Attack.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:32 pm

Dustofsaturn wrote:You could run to his middle belly than run to the left (you'll still be in front of him but in an area where to my understanding) he won't be able to hit you with anything bu his AoE Crystal Attack.

He is right, right in front of his belly, he can't hit you unless he does his melee attack (blockable) or his AoE, if he does the AoE you should run away all you can and hope you're enough far.

Also remember to don't stand on top of the crystals he shoot because they take health and they curse you.
    Ser Winston
    Ser Winston

Post by Ser Winston Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:41 pm

I died to Seath a few times too, usually just for trying to bite off more than I could chew. He can be difficult at times. You just need to get the patterns down and it's easy. Gwyn gave me a hard time as well.

Don't feel ashamed. We all have that one part we get stuck on.
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:36 pm

I remember that I used the cursebite ring and the gold hemmed robe in order to boost the curse resistence. I kept myself by one of his sides. Right side to be more precise. So like our fellows here say, If you don't want the sword, just stay in one of his sides and watch out for the crystal attack.

You should be able to defeat him... Go for it.

Good luck.
    Robotech
    Robotech
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Robotech Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:38 pm

it is not a shame to die on every of the dark souls boss battles, so dont feel ashamed

this worked for me:

gold hemmed set

bloodshield - if you have it

cursebite ring - if you have it

max possible pyro glove

great (or normal) combustion on your attunement slots

run across the room and wait for him next to the crystal, when he comes close brake the crystal and run quickly next to his torso and just spam combustions... he should go down in less than 30 seconds, pop a flask if needed.
    bending_sinister
    bending_sinister

Post by bending_sinister Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:04 pm

Okay this is short and sweet,
    If you don't want the tail do this:
    Run to the tail on your RIGHT while he's facing you. Attack it and follow it as it moves away - then attack more. He won't even HIT you and you're too close for his breath to hit you. The only thing that will drain is your stamina and weapon durability. I did this with a pure magic build that could barely even hurt him - took me like 20 mins but I was never in danger of dying. Easiest boss in the game if you DON'T want the sword - then it's another matter...
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:11 pm

I got him once I summoned a guy to help, I distracted Seath while he went for the tail and attacked him from behind. Just keeping his attention while someone else attacks him works great. (also goes for Phantoms)
    k0rruptid
    k0rruptid
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by k0rruptid Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:02 am

easy way is to just run to his right constantly. and hit him when he stops. take a little while but tis easy enough
    papael
    papael

Post by papael Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:54 am

Look bro, I don't want to sound arrogant but trust me: these people are not helping much and you actually heard some fake advice and that's why you are getting your ass handed to you.

First of all don't go around making circles against Seath. His beams can circle a huge area extremely fast and if you end up provoking the tail sweeps it's over. That *** is almost always an one hit kill and it can even hit you when you are down on the ground like it's some Marvel vs Capcom nonsense.

The objective while fighting Seath is to position yourself so that you have a good amount of space between his front and a wall. You won't be circling him unless he came too close and you don't have breathing room in front of him between his body and a wall.

This breathing room will work for you because Seath has different ranges for his attacks and that's what you are going to take advantage of. So it's important to know his attacks to know what you are looking for in terms of openings or clues. The attacks you'll be looking for are the following:

Long range crystal beam swipe: used when you are a little far in front of him. It will swipe a really wide area. This is the attack you should bait. stand in front of him from a distance and let him come towards you. He will stop his movement and start the beam. When he is charging go full speed in his direction. The beam will swipe clean over your head and he will be vulnerable for a few free hits. Now it's important that when you run towards him you don't do it straight to the middle of his body because of the next attack I'm gonna talk about.

Straight line crystal beam swipe: I saw this like only once or twice to the point I'm thinking it's just my memory playing tricks. Probably the only time he will use it is if you are in a perfect straight line in front of him when waiting for him to come. That's why you should always wait slightly to his right side and also run towards him slightly to his right side to avoid this.

Once you baited any of the above attacks you certainly had a window to deliver something of your own by running towards him. Now you can't jut stay there forever because Seath also has some short range resources. Let's see them:

Short range crystal beam swipe: exactly like the long range one, except the beam swipes right in front of his body. You will likely see it coming once the cool down from his previous beam is over. To avoid get far from him. Circling is too dangerous because the area covered is wide.

AoE crystal surge: Now this is why you need to have space between Seath and a wall when you charge him. You can easily see this coming since he will curl a bit and charge a ball of light right in front of his torso before releasing the attack. When you see him charging immediately run away from him in a straight line. A gigantic area around him will sprout crystals that will be your doom if you don't have enough room to run away.

The entire battle should consist of these basic movements: bait a long range beam, avoid the beam by running towards him, do damage, run away from his short range attacks, repeat. If you don't have enough space between the boss and a wall, circle around him until you are in a comfortable position.

About gear: I don't know what these people have been smoking but the curse resist reliable set of this game is the crimson set NOT the gold hemmed which actually has 0 curse resist according to two wikis. If you stack crimson set with the cursebite ring, you'll become nearly uncurseable. Also keep in mind that the crystals, specially the AoE crystal surge, will destroy the durability of your gear quite quickly. Don't even consider using any of the recent acquired crystal gear yourself here. Also, I'm not sure about this, but if Seath is anything like the crystal people of the archives, physical and magic damage sources won't hurt him much. You should choose fire or lightning damage sources to fight Seath.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:56 am

just remember

never stay on the crystals like a dumb idiot (no offense) and oyu won't get curse

that is if you got curse however if you died by one of his attacks well wait for him to atttack once then close in and attack a few times and back up take it slow
    sen545331
    sen545331
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sen545331 Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:51 am

@papael
    none of the advice was "fake" per say, they just say whatever worked for them, like for me, i just stayed around the stomach area unless he did the aoe, nothing to it, the fight literally lasted less than 30 seconds

(going for the tail though, more liked several minutes solo and at least a half dozen tries)
    Robotech
    Robotech
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Robotech Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:09 am

papael wrote:Look bro, I don't want to sound arrogant but trust me: these people are not helping much and you actually heard some fake advice and that's why you are getting your ass handed to you.

First of all don't go around making circles against Seath. His beams can circle a huge area extremely fast and if you end up provoking the tail sweeps it's over. That *** is almost always an one hit kill and it can even hit you when you are down on the ground like it's some Marvel vs Capcom nonsense.

The objective while fighting Seath is to position yourself so that you have a good amount of space between his front and a wall. You won't be circling him unless he came too close and you don't have breathing room in front of him between his body and a wall.

This breathing room will work for you because Seath has different ranges for his attacks and that's what you are going to take advantage of. So it's important to know his attacks to know what you are looking for in terms of openings or clues. The attacks you'll be looking for are the following:

Long range crystal beam swipe: used when you are a little far in front of him. It will swipe a really wide area. This is the attack you should bait. stand in front of him from a distance and let him come towards you. He will stop his movement and start the beam. When he is charging go full speed in his direction. The beam will swipe clean over your head and he will be vulnerable for a few free hits. Now it's important that when you run towards him you don't do it straight to the middle of his body because of the next attack I'm gonna talk about.

Straight line crystal beam swipe: I saw this like only once or twice to the point I'm thinking it's just my memory playing tricks. Probably the only time he will use it is if you are in a perfect straight line in front of him when waiting for him to come. That's why you should always wait slightly to his right side and also run towards him slightly to his right side to avoid this.

Once you baited any of the above attacks you certainly had a window to deliver something of your own by running towards him. Now you can't jut stay there forever because Seath also has some short range resources. Let's see them:

Short range crystal beam swipe: exactly like the long range one, except the beam swipes right in front of his body. You will likely see it coming once the cool down from his previous beam is over. To avoid get far from him. Circling is too dangerous because the area covered is wide.

AoE crystal surge: Now this is why you need to have space between Seath and a wall when you charge him. You can easily see this coming since he will curl a bit and charge a ball of light right in front of his torso before releasing the attack. When you see him charging immediately run away from him in a straight line. A gigantic area around him will sprout crystals that will be your doom if you don't have enough room to run away.

The entire battle should consist of these basic movements: bait a long range beam, avoid the beam by running towards him, do damage, run away from his short range attacks, repeat. If you don't have enough space between the boss and a wall, circle around him until you are in a comfortable position.

About gear: I don't know what these people have been smoking but the curse resist reliable set of this game is the crimson set NOT the gold hemmed which actually has 0 curse resist according to two wikis. If you stack crimson set with the cursebite ring, you'll become nearly uncurseable. Also keep in mind that the crystals, specially the AoE crystal surge, will destroy the durability of your gear quite quickly. Don't even consider using any of the recent acquired crystal gear yourself here. Also, I'm not sure about this, but if Seath is anything like the crystal people of the archives, physical and magic damage sources won't hurt him much. You should choose fire or lightning damage sources to fight Seath.

i personally smoke lucky strike red, dont know about you

and yes, the gold hemmed set sucks on curse resist but it offers better defence with less weight than the crimson set, and if you are using the cursebite ring and the bloodshield as i stated you might as well wear any armor because you will have enough curse resist from these 2 anyway.

the guy said he needed help to kill seath and you go on writing 2 pages for him to memorize.... i dont think this helps alot, rather makes it harder for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmcJunY-Pv4 go at 4:45 and see for yourself if the pyro spam technique works or not. It took him 15 seconds to kill the boss (same for me, and NG+ was the same) and got no hits at all (plus this guy was not using any curse resist gear like i did). Now tell me if your beam baiting/running around technique is easier or not.
    papael
    papael

Post by papael Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:00 pm

That was a speed run with pre patch gold hemmed and pyro. Also you are assuming he has a +10 pyro, 3 slots, chaos spells, 20 humanity and bloodshield.

I broke down the boss pattern to him in a way he might as well fight naked with his bare fists cause he's not going to get hit.

Oh and the difference in weight between gold hemmed and crimson is only 0.6

Gold Hemmed:
    phy
    mag
    curse
    Crimson lvl1:
    phy
    mag
    curse

Last edited by papael on Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:03 pm

papael wrote:Look bro, I don't want to sound arrogant but trust me: these people are not helping much and you actually heard some fake advice and that's why you are getting your ass handed to you.

Don't call people dumb and telling lies because everything you did was copy this stuff from the wiki -__-
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:09 pm

dude.. you can bait his straight beam (not around him beam) and just magic him with whatever you have by circling slowly around him clockwise (which you can do to most enemies, kinda ridiculous imo) but then you wont get hit..

What I'd say it do the run up to belly right by his left tail until his breath starts hitting you there, then do what i said with magic, my friend tested this when he did seath on NG+ and wiped the floor with him.

P.S. Papael don't put people down, even if their advice is incorrect (which it's not, there are many ways to fight seath) then you still should be more respectful. Also like Car said, you just copied that from the wiki, you can't even suggest him a way to fight in your own words which sounds suspiciously like you have no idea in my opinion..
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:14 pm

If you have the slumbering dragoncrest ring or the hush spell use them.

....he is blind.

With either one engaged he cannot hear you, and you can just casually walk over to his tail, wail away, and he will never touch you.

I have never lost a single HP against him because of this.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:16 pm

^^I've heard that before but does it seriously work?

wouldn't he still do one of his tail attacks or something?
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:17 pm

lextune wrote:If you have the slumbering dragoncrest ring or the hush spell use them.

....he is blind.

With either one engaged he cannot hear you, and you can just casually walk over to his tail, wail away, and he will never touch you.

I have never lost a single HP against him because of this.

If this is true you just discovered the best strategy against Seath in the game, and also discovered the reason why that ring and spell actually exist in the game. It makes kinda sense, I can't really see Seath's eyes

Can't wait to get home and try this, thanks for posting this
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:19 pm

There is no "if"

I have done it several times.

He never even attempts an attack.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:21 pm

Although I should point out that it was the ring each time for me. So I cannot confirm that "Hush" also works....

....that part is just an assumption.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:24 pm

lol well now im gonna use that NG+ when im getting it for knights honour, accidentally killed him before getting it before silly

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 9:22 pm