Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
SirArchmage
GrinTwist
Latitoast
Soris Ice Goldwing
Maneater_Mildred
Encore
Marino.
passivefamiliar
12 posters

500 rounds of 9mm. take that big gov.

Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

500 rounds of 9mm. take that big gov. - Page 3 Empty Re: 500 rounds of 9mm. take that big gov.

Post by Encore Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:26 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:Pendant you are mistaken there. In a school shooting, you don't change anything. Politics are amazing. Sarcasm

Ahh, the power of American politics.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

500 rounds of 9mm. take that big gov. - Page 3 Empty Re: 500 rounds of 9mm. take that big gov.

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:27 pm

It's completely avoidable. Everyone here chooses their own words. I think it's best to choose to have no words in this thread if you're compelled to derail it in this fashion
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:29 pm

I'm out b4 the lock!
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:32 pm

I'm sorry
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:39 pm

There's no reason to apologize Marino. Some reactions to the topic are natural. I also think it's healthy to discuss cultural differences since they are drastic in this area. Gun violence and control can also be healthy discussions but represent a far greater deviation from the original topic than a discussion of cultural differences.

Basically, discussing culture just explains why the op is discussing guns and ammo like it's the sports page in the paper (just another topic).
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:51 pm

Can't there be a time when a topic is discussed and it doesn't turn sour? Just want one. I nearly feel like starting some philosophy thread just to record how long it takes until someones idea is insulted or someone takes something the wrong way.
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:54 pm

im glad i came back. this is more what i was hoping for, and MORE than i expected. i have a few friends from outside the states, but dont talk about guns often. i am now, and it resonates with them. outside of the US guns are more, rare (not the best word choice but it'll do). which explains why the topic never came up before.

i think it was skarecrow(sp) that got it. i was just excited to be able to buy bulk. i'd been limited to buying 50 rounds at a time. one box a day per person rules. and even then, it was scarce. the range allowed you to buy 50 rounds, to shoot but not take home.

and as stated you can blow through a few hundred rounds in one trip to the range. i rattle off about 100 in under and hour. the first hour, then mass reloading. my wife shoots as well, so we rotate shooting/loading.

it is a pastime in some ways. few friends go out and shoot targets. loosers buys the first round of drinks afterwards. nothing crazy. but seeing the responses here. i am more greatful of my freedom. i carry my gun concealed anywhere i legaly can, not because i want to be a hero. i pray i never ever need to draw it. but if i do, and i didnt have it...if i survived and someone else didnt. words escape me. i dont want to derail my own thread. its fairly broad though.

i hate politics. and im not sure whats true and whats made up. but it was unmistakeable that ammo was hard to find, very hard. for awhile really. be it government buying it up, locking it down, or just every company being afraid of some such thing, or gun shops saw an opportunity to hoard and then raise prices. im no conspiracy theorist type. i just know, now i can buy ammo again at half decent prices and in bulk.
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:03 pm

but i wonder. outside of my little world i know...can you go buy a gun? is it that you can NOT or that nobody sees any reason too? one of my friends in saudi arabia can NOT buy a gun period. legaly anyway. and he envys me for being able to own 4, and i felt bad for bringing it up then.

i hate the sterotype idea. a few rotten, messed up individuals made guns out to be a evil evil thing. but i stand by a phrase i've heard. "the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun" and as scary and upsetting as that sounds, its very accurate in most cases.

is it derailing if its still about guns? and in offtopic, and demi derailed by the OP? its still on topic. ish.

i dont walk around with 500 rounds, thats crazy talk. i have 10 rounds in my magazine. maybe 2 extra mags in my car if i brought my case to lock the gun, which i usually do so i can legaly leave it locked up safe. so max i have on a trip out, is 30. i dont flash it, i dont even mention it. and so far, nobody has called me out or even seemed to notice it.
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:16 pm

It is off-topic, every thread gets derailed, to an extent. And since you are OP, your choice as what is talked about.

Also, I hate stereotypes as well. Hate it when gun owners think when people just want to take their rights away and hate it when people against guns think people with guns are just idiots that want to shoot stuff. Sadly my town is split down the middle so I hear both sides complaining about the other a lot.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:54 pm

Wow, I was out of line. Passive, you sound like a very reasonable individual. I didn't give you your proper dues. I'm a knucklehead, and I apologize.
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

Post by Encore Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:01 pm

passivefamiliar wrote:but i wonder. outside of my little world i know...can you go buy a gun? is it that you can NOT or that nobody sees any reason too? one of my friends in saudi arabia can NOT buy a gun period. legaly anyway. and he envys me for being able to own 4, and i felt bad for bringing it up then.

i hate the sterotype idea. a few rotten, messed up individuals made guns out to be a evil evil thing. but i stand by a phrase i've heard. "the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun" and as scary and upsetting as that sounds, its very accurate in most cases.

is it derailing if its still about guns? and in offtopic, and demi derailed by the OP? its still on topic. ish.

i dont walk around with 500 rounds, thats crazy talk. i have 10 rounds in my magazine. maybe 2 extra mags in my car if i brought my case to lock the gun, which i usually do so i can legaly leave it locked up safe. so max i have on a trip out, is 30. i dont flash it, i dont even mention it. and so far, nobody has called me out or even seemed to notice it.

I live in a very nonviolent country, so the only actual thing I have with guns is through my fathers side of the family, a long line of hunters.

I apologies for any bad jokes or similar. I might have a very dark sense of humour. I have no opinion on guns, I think there is a time and place for every thing. Guns are not something that should be collected or have a culture around it in my opinion, because they are tools to be used. You do not find many hammers with entire cultural unsaid rules about them. I will probably even go on and become a hunter myself.

Also, congratulations on being able to buy in bulk.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:33 pm

Ok now I understand better. Here in NZ gun laws may be a bit tighter, but ammo is not a problem to bulk buy. I pick up 1500 rounds a fortnight. Though I have just started getting into reloading my own ammo. Any of you other gun owners do your own reloading?
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Encore Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:39 pm

BanHam.

I can read Binary.

Also... Guns are expensive right?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:04 pm

I don't own one myself. Nor do I load my own. Knew a few people who did..got creative with them too.

Cat. It depends. They range from surprisingly cheap to very expensive
    Railage
    Railage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Railage Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:58 am

The only ammo I buy in bulk is 7.62x54 for my Mosin Nagant, cause that gun is so much fun to shoot..

I don't play with my 1911 much though... .45 is too expensive.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:42 am