Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
aceluby
strangejoy
ViralEnsign_
Midgar
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Reaperfan
RANT
barecanvas
reim0027
bloodpixel
Forum Pirate
Maneater_Mildred
Toastfacekillah
17 posters

Your most fun build?

befowler
    befowler

Your most fun build? - Page 2 Empty Re: Your most fun build?

Post by befowler Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:11 pm

strangejoy wrote:That's awesome, befowler. Does lingering dragoncrest ring actually increase the length of the clouds? I had no idea.

I think that it does; haven't tested it but that's been my impression. Of course, I often have 3-4 clouds out so it can be hard to tell for sure, heh.

Not to beat this to death, but the cloud spells are key for the lulz. Remember that many of the treants are underground and only pop up when someone approaches. If you dump a cloud on a spot where you know several are hiding, you can often create extra streaker fun by making your pursuers think only you and maybe a few standing treants are around. When they run into the cloud chasing you, the party really starts. They hear the ominous eruption noise, and now their lockon has like 8 targets to choose from. I've seen 3 farmers go into one of these clouds in a line after me and come out going 3 different directions while locked on treants, giving you extra time to streak in circles, dump more smoke on the fight, and generally mock their OP farming gear. You really haven't lived until you've seen a 3v6 treant fight when the players have zero visibility. It's not uncommon for people to break and run, a funny sight when they're waddling frantically back towards the stairs in havels or giant gear.

Another protip is that you're basically 0 encumbrance, meaning you can also get away with not using the DWGR. This is a neat trick because the 0 encumbrance roll can sometimes actually be more useful. Specifically, it seems to have a slightly higher (if shorter) arc, meaning you can sometimes get over things with it that you can't with the DWGR roll, like fallen logs or those little ledges all over the forest. You can also use it to basically climb back up certain cliffs in the area after it looks like you fell off them. I've actually had groups of farmers walk off after assuming I was stuck over the edge of a cliff and sure to fall, when actually I could jumproll my way back up. Ahh, the things you discover when you're not focused on weapon attacks.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:14 pm

had a build using that, is very fun! it also has impressive stunlock capability for low lightning resist armors!
    barecanvas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by barecanvas Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:13 pm

Dual katanas and shadow armor is so much fun. My new fav build next to poseidon
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:02 am

trying out a dual wielding butcher knife build based on the adjudicator from demons souls... actually pretty effective using two +5 buther knives i got a griefer down to 50-100 hp by alternating which blade was hitting him for a really extended stunlock, then he pulled out wog and great combustion.. took 2 wogs and one combust before i died (havent aquired smoughs armor for the full cosplay effect so im using upgraded hollow thief armor for lightning def) also this was in the depths... with some more poise this build could be great fun! wish gwyns crown came with the beard on male characters... so many more cosplay options...
    Toastfacekillah
    Toastfacekillah
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Toastfacekillah Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:04 am

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote: came with the beard on male characters... so many more cosplay options...

Yeah - the characters need facial hair options. That'd be cool!
    Katakato
    Katakato
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Katakato Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:31 am

STR builds seemed like a total bore & less efficient than DEX builds...
    Than i made a STR / Faith build & went bananas over it big grin

Using a Large Club with Rotten Pine and a few miracle spells like Force,WoG & Sunlight Blade turned out to be a blast big grin

It took me a while to learn how to use Heavy, slow, big DMG weapons that are very easy to avoid but once i turned my "lock on" off & started baiting & guessing where they would turn.
    The poison was also a great & fun little addition since ppl often try to abolish it or worse heal...hello back stab happy

Definitely a fun build worth trying.
    barecanvas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by barecanvas Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:10 am

^^ put on the fat cleric knight armour that armor is actually really good, and looks sweet
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:37 am

barecanvas wrote:^^ put on the fat cleric knight armour that armor is actually really good, and looks sweet

for str/faith builds i find mix and matching armors is better since the damn weapon are so heavy and sometimes a full armor wont give you what you want, cleric armor kicks ***,and it looks good in slim toons, the reg knight torso is really good too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 1:33 pm