Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Dibsville
Phoenix Rising
SlothAlmighty
Dr__Awkward
LunarFog
Conrack
Serious_Much
HereticForLife
Encore
WaffleGuy
A Fierce Plankton
15 posters

New hands-on impression, nerfed poise, i-frames and criticals

Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

New hands-on impression, nerfed poise, i-frames and criticals - Page 2 Empty Re: New hands-on impression, nerfed poise, i-frames and criticals

Post by Dibsville Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:07 pm

You should be careless with bosses. Just remember you can get everything back even if you fail to recover your bloodstain. It's not going to ruin your playthrough if you lose your stuff. (I guess there are a few exceptions, but this is true for any normal playthrough.)
    samster628
    samster628
    Addicted
    Addicted

New hands-on impression, nerfed poise, i-frames and criticals - Page 2 Empty Re: New hands-on impression, nerfed poise, i-frames and criticals

Post by samster628 Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:53 am

Well looking forward to DS2 already. Yet to see any changes i don't like so i reckon they have done their market research well. I would like to see better covenants though with good reasons for remaining loyal. In DS1 it was just stick with them till they give you all the items then leave via oswald and join another until you got it all.
    Oh and in regards to the capra demon i think he was one of those you arent meant to block. The trick is to lure hum up the stairs then roll off. He will fall and have to recover. That is when you stab him a few times and run up the stairs again.
    SlothAlmighty
    SlothAlmighty
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SlothAlmighty Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:04 pm

I will try that, my normal strategy was to survive long enough to kill the dogs, then circle him and get in hits when I could and avoid his attacks when I can and block when I can't.  the thing is dual wield is about parrying and getting combos.  with capra and many other bosses, you can only get in one or two hits at a time before retreating to a defensive position.  I think I need to get really good at dodging in order to pull off a dual wield character.

either that or revert to my shield for bosses and use dual wield on for normal enemies.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:03 am