Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Elifia
Carpercen
6 posters

ps3 technical isses help please!!!

Carpercen
    Addicted
    Addicted

ps3 technical isses help please!!! Empty ps3 technical isses help please!!!

Post by Carpercen Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:08 pm

Well, it's sad... but a problem that I tought had fixed has return...

My ps3 suddenly turns off by itself... not blinking red light, not yellow light... it just turns off and even the red stand by light goes off... as if I disconected it from the energy... 

A pair of months ago, when this happen the first time, I runned the recovery and the apply the options 3 and 4 and for a month or two, this never happened again...

But now, it has returned and even while I have runed the recovery options 3 and 4 again and executed the fan cleaner, nothing seems to solve this thing... 

At first it just happened while reading the blu-ray disc, but now also happens while I'm on youtube or while playing the games downloaded from the store...

And it just happens random! Sometimes while the game loading screen is charging.. other times aster 5, 10 or 15 min of play, and other times it does last 2 or 4 hours before happening, or even days!

So, don't know what to do... I don't think is an overheating issue as it happen 5 min after playin... and also it never happens while on the XMB menu! It's always while playin Blu-ray disc, playing the games downloaded, been on youtube o while picking a game in the XMB but without starting it, when the load starts the "demo" mode of the game with the songs and that things...

I'd like to know if someone knows technical issues about ps3 that can provide some advice or solution before I sell it because I don't find solution and my warranty expired...

Thank you for reading and hope someone can help with it! 

btw... If i sell it, will I lose the games I have downloaded?

thanks!
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

ps3 technical isses help please!!! Empty Re: ps3 technical isses help please!!!

Post by Elifia Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:31 pm

Not sure if you posted this in the right subforum. I was under the impression that it's for help in-game. Ah well.

No, you will not lose your games, they are linked to your PSN. Just log into your PSN on a new machine and download them again.

As for your technical issues, I really have no idea. Have you googled the problem yet? If you couldn't find anything, have you tried calling customer support? That's all the advice I have, really...
    Hart
    Hart
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hart Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:33 pm

Can't help you with any of the hardware issues, but if you do indeed sell it you will still be able to keep the games you have bought on the PSN.
    Just keep your PSN account info (email and password) then when you get a new PS3, log on to your old account and go to your downloads to find all your previous purchases available to download happy

Good luck with fixing your console mate.

EDIT: Seems I was beaten to the finish line silly
    Carpercen
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Carpercen Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:42 pm

the only thing I found on the internet was this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFO1sT4pLVQ

But Im not sure if doing that is the best for the console :s! Plus... I've never tried to fix something like this before... never opened my ps3 either... Im afraid that I could do something wrong... what do you guys thing? 
    Thanks for your replies! btw!
    Hart
    Hart
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hart Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:10 pm

OP, how old is your console? If its under a year there should still be a factory warranty on it, so you could just take it into the shop you brought it from and have it fixed under that. Even if its out of warranty, I'd still be inclined to take it to the shop and have it fixed by someone in the know, just for peace of mind, and pay the little bit of cashish.
    Carpercen
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Carpercen Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:17 pm

its out of warranty, has 1 year and 6 months... only option is to send it to sony but i guess with them is very expensive, and I can sell it at Blockbuster... but they offerme 100 dls... (im from méxico, one new costs like 420 dls...)
    Hart
    Hart
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hart Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:27 pm

Ok well if the repairs are going to cost more than $100 (you should be able to get a quote for this) I'd say just save up for a new one.

In the mean time, have you got it working again?
    Some models have been known to shut down as you described when the system temperature gets too high. If you've been able to turn it on again, and you're willing to give it a shot, do you want to turn it on and if/when it switches off again check whether the console feels hot to the touch and report back to us.

It might also help if we knew what model you're using, and whether anything has been changed such as HDD, fans etc.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:29 pm

If that's actually the best fix and you've never even opened a console before.  Uh....don't start with that project.  I'm not saying you can't pull it off, if you follow directions carefully you might be able to nail it but....if you mess up you'll have spent some cash and a good deal of time when you could have gotten the 100 dls you mentioned.  If they will give you that much for it, I'd say reformat it so there's no account data and sell it.  

If you have PS+ you could also try to backup any save data you can through that service, do a factory reset and see what happens.  

To be honest though, it does sound like a hardware problem.
    Carpercen
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Carpercen Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:36 pm

well I was goind to format it today thinking that could fix the problem...

And about @Hart said, this start to happen right after sony give it back to me last december... it was a week or two before the warranty ended... I send it because it stopped reading the disc... I inserted them but it didnt recognize them... so I call them, they send for the ps3, aster 2 weeks they fixed it and sent it back... and then that problem started... But, I used the recovery interface, the option 3, and the problem fixed that moment! And I was stupid enough to think it would never happen again instead of call sony again... and now, the problem returned, and have no warranty... 

So, I suppose they changed the bluray lector! but besides that... nothing has been changed...
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:17 pm

You got a console like my old one. They blu-ray stops reading games but it will still read a regular cd with mp3's on it or mpg's etc. You got one of the crappy consoles that usually die just before or after warranty. Not anything you could do except send it to Sony and pay the price. Like others have said, time for a new one. 
    Also, i'm surprised blockbuster is willing to buy it since it's not any use to anyone else. If they buy it then great. Good luck man.
    Carpercen
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Carpercen Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:38 pm

Well... I never told them about the issue... so, Im hoping they dont find about it before they give me the money...
    Carpercen
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Carpercen Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:02 am

Guys... I found a new issue... I was checking my saves data! to see if any of them is copyrighted and while watchin info about them, It turned off again... this is new... didnt know that seeing save data files would trigger the self turn off issue... what do you think? could be a error? should I format the console? could it fix the problem?
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:53 am

You can try it. Almost sounds like a virus but not sure u can get those on ps3
    Marionx
    Marionx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : Locked away in the Undead Asylum or wandering Lordran.

Post by Marionx Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:38 pm

I was just reading this topic and I wondered if you had the most recent update on your system? The most recent update (version 4.45) has actually caused some people's PS3s to stop working properly. I don't know if this is the issue for you, but I thought it would be worth asking. Sony has pulled the update and is going to bring a fix on June 27th.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/06/19/playstation-3-firmware-update-bricking-consoles

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/06/21/playstation-3-firmware-fix-coming-june-27
    Carpercen
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Carpercen Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:58 pm

sry... I've come back!

I don't think it was the update... this problem started back at december 2012... and I guess you are talking about the new patch which I don't remember have instaled... 
    Buy anyway... The problem is solved... I sold it at blockbuster and bought another from a friend who doesnt use his ps3 anymore (and i was on very good state)... So after data transfer, everything is working great!

A shame that I had lost my Dark Souls file last year... just after I bought the ARtoryas of the Abyss... but I promess that I'll be playing Dark Souls soon again!
    Carpercen
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Carpercen Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:59 pm

And thanks to all of you for your answers happy

P.D. sry for the double post!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:27 pm