Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
reim0027
Animaaal
ResIsBestStat
Dibsville
phastings
Ghadis_God
VaDoom
Sentiel
Latitoast
Halicarnassis
Soris Ice Goldwing
GrinTwist
KrazykevS10
17 posters

More Gankers?

KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

More Gankers? Empty More Gankers?

Post by KrazykevS10 Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:50 am

This is both a question and me venting frustration.Has the ganker population increased or spread from the common PVP areas?
    I started up DkS after not playing for a month,I invade in Sen's at a low level to avoid these people but I keep invading 120 gankers as a level 30.Sure enough,I move through the level and there are a bunch of effing Havel's mickheads waiting for me around a corner to spam to Dragon greataxe's AoE attack.Is there anywhere safe from this stuff or do I need to go back to the bloody forest. angry
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

More Gankers? Empty Re: More Gankers?

Post by GrinTwist Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:54 am

I think there is a slight increase with gankers actually. I was invading all over the game today. The only place I didn't find a ganker squad at was at the catacombs and at the Kiln.

I didn't bother invading at Izalith though, PVP around there is dead.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:58 am

Sorry for making a rant thread but I specifically go to level 30 to avoid these guys.I've had to switch to a griefer build(Didn't know it was when I made it) because I keep running into them.Can't beat a vitality/strength build with a fairly normal level 30.

I've tried the catacombs,got ganked.Anor Londo should be obvious,I get ganked in the lord areas and invading any earlier in the game would be evil.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:00 am

I think it is tied to the new players coming in. They revive the things we hate and do the fastest way to get souls and items.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:05 am

I'm practically exploding with rage.(Not really,just annoyed as hell) I'm really rusty and I'm either ganked or backstab fished every invasion.I think I need to go to the forest and sort some gankers out with a fair level build.And the quickest way to get souls is co-op BTW.Wish people would realise that.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:09 am

Well considering how I am getting asked for stuff and to be killed for leveling...The strangeness....and return of cheapness is not surprising. Trends I noticed: Healing in PvP, bs as finishers, Giants and havels, stunlock to death, spawn kills. Really I think it is the new blood
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:14 am

First forest invasion was a hacker,he had a buddy hiding too.Dashboarded after shooting him full of arrows for no damage.I don't see myself continuing to play this game to be honest.These people are ruining it so badly.I'll try a dueling area later but I'm not too hopeful.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:16 am

If I am right with the new blood idea then they got raised as bad seeds and eh I don't know. You can't fix what doesn't want to be fixed.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:21 am

Oh,I can fix them all right.All I need is some handcuffs and a scalpel.
    I dunno man,this game has truly gone to hell.Perhaps I'll get a PS3 copy,those guys seem to have it alright.I haven't gotten a fair duel or good invasion in a very,very long time.I either need to make the cheapest build on earth to counter this stuff or just quit the online part.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:23 am

This is why I try night hours in the game where there either be A: Loads of players for more than one thing or B: Nothing the game is almost dead in some places. And remember there was a time worse than this.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:31 am

I'm playing right now,it is night(Suns coming up actually).I just invaded an infinite stamina hacker.He hit me ten times with the golem axe and kept going until I dashboarded.It's worse if I play early in the day but this around the peak time.This is driving me nuts,I get better games in MW3 and I'm not joking.About to cross into the no effs given mode and bring out my counter for cheaters.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:37 am

Feels like the dark days are coming back again. Well all else fails and it really turns out like this for more people, what others do is their choice. For me I can hold off the honor and win for the sake of win.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:46 am

Dark days are here and have been for quite a while.I got hatemail for dashboarding on a guy with DBs.I could still have honor if literally every invasion wasn't like this,how is a guy supposed to get some kills nowadays?Every hacker I find ganks.
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:48 am

Step into the light Kev! We only deal with lag and very few hackers on PS3
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:57 am

It's looking like a more attractive prospect every day.I am not a PS3 fan but you can't argue with having 98% less hackers after invading ten of them in a row.It's not so much gankers,the reason I started this thread is the problem as it is that they cheat and spawn kill.I mean,I expect to die to 120s if I'm SL30 but that shouldn't be my only option to not run into hacks and other assorted crap.I actually had a decent invasion just now,I believe they hacked but two gankers just put their swords down and gave me a soul of Gywnn.They didn't attack so I gave them a Smough Hammer +5 and left.
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:07 am

There are a number if reasons for your dilemma:
    1. The scrubs coming through are profoundly rubbish and can only beat the game through cheating. Like Angry Joe they probably went after the Asylum Demon with the broken shortsword but then gave up before turning to an alternative ie: cheating
    2. They're too impatient, heard about the difficultly and skipped the hardships and went straight into said preferred method
    3. They've been badly groomed and cheat all the time or it is how their community or circle of friends roll
    4. They notice you invading and recognise your godly skill and switch over to their hacked/ganking equipment to deal with you cos you are that good!
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:11 am

I got to say this. I have been here for day one and seen the best and worse of the game. I have seen what PvP hell is like and I pulled through it long enough to see the light of PvP which lead me to this forum. I can put up another hell if I can see the light again.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:14 am

I'm sure Angry Joe gets it then.And how did you get out of PVP hell Soris? I've been stuck here a while and these demons don't want to share the cookies.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:30 am

It was the period before the DLC came out, before the DWGR was patched for 25% weight. I was a horrible player who never won fights and had the giantdad issue and gank problem. I resorted to the same things you have, minus hacking, to win. Yet I still was bad and was hating the game. One player I was always getting would win. Man I hated that. Then I found a friend of his who I fought and cheaped my win. I sent hatemail because then I had it. Afterwards what happened was me listening to her talk on honor duels and her friend, the guy I always lost to about combat and tactics and I went with it. By the time the DLC came I was ready for experienced PvP and went at the game and all I saw. For fun and to train.  

Sorry this took long I am helping this guy with a level.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:47 am

For the record,I never used hacks to win.Just to kill the hackers only and mess around with anyone else.That's why I quit level 120 PVP and went to go hide in Sen's.The big difference between myself and anyone else you'd see with hacks is I don't think it makes me cool or need it to win.I hate hacks,ganks,spawn kills and pretty much anything generally looked down on.All I've done tonight was get killed,traded with nice gankers and use emit force and fire surge to destroy all the trees in the forest.If I can't get good and fair PVP,I won't PVP at all.

I have all of my builds made legit,through blood,sweat and tears.That's the way I think the game demands it be done.Everything I've seen tonight minus the traders goes against that.I think being a duelist would probably be in my best interests.I'm guessing that's what you guys do and it seems to go well enough for you from my perspective.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:53 am

Sorry I miswrote that part in haste..(Host was new to the PW took forever) I meant I was using what you are dealing with. But I get why this is frustrating, the fight I am getting are...meh at best. Not the duels I like.

Last edited by Soris Ice Goldwing on Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:54 am; edited 1 time in total
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:53 am

Drop any form of honor.

Anyone who complains about honor in PvP is whining because they lost.

Outside of things like bowstabbing, spawn TWoPing, ganking, hacking, I consider fair game.

If you see gankers feel free to wrath spam them, they deserve it.

To defeat a demon you must become a devil.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:10 am

I can try to not care about honour or showing at least a tiny amount of respect for others but it never lasts long.I'd take bad fights over non-legit fights any day of the week.What is Dark Bead when compared to 99 Divine Blessings? PVP is an absolute nightmare for me,it wasn't always like this,before I would die simply because I sucked.I was going to say I haven't died like that in months but I did today.Kept failing to parry a noob's Drake Sword and died,it was a win for me even though I died.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:20 am

There are gankers on PS3 as well, but I can't compare their amount to other platforms.
    The best thing you can do is take your high SL toon and go host. No ganking that way, unless you're in the forest, or you're a Gravelord.

I do agree with the new blood theory. I also see a lot of heavy bs fishers and generally unskilled players lately.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:21 am

I got another trend: Disconnecting. Man these guys hate losing. 5 Players today.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:48 pm