Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Raijinilli
St1cky1cky1775
Soris Ice Goldwing
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Derpwraith
9 posters

Who else is practicing for St1cky's tourney?

Derpwraith
    Derpwraith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Who else is practicing for St1cky's tourney? Empty Who else is practicing for St1cky's tourney?

Post by Derpwraith Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:05 pm

I will be at the burg accepting red signs, SL125.

Last edited by Derpwraith on Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Who else is practicing for St1cky's tourney? Empty Re: Who else is practicing for St1cky's tourney?

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:18 pm

More information would be nice.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Who else is practicing for St1cky's tourney? Empty Re: Who else is practicing for St1cky's tourney?

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:47 pm

St1cky1cky1775
    St1cky1cky1775
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by St1cky1cky1775 Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:34 am

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:This
    Dark Souls 2 Pre Order is the 1st Place Prize happy
    Raijinilli
    Raijinilli

Post by Raijinilli Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:34 am

add me on Skype and we can duel ^^
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:35 am

St1cky1cky1775 wrote:

Pretty BA prize, I have to say.Sun
    St1cky1cky1775
    St1cky1cky1775
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by St1cky1cky1775 Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:45 am

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:
    St1cky1cky1775 wrote:

Pretty BA prize, I have to say.Sun
    Me and my buddy will most likely be hosting a tournament 1 or 2 times a month. After this one, the prizes will most likely be PSN Cards.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:48 am

I wish you guys luck with that. I am xbox so I can't be on.
    jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by jaythibodeau Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:13 pm

St1cky1cky1775 wrote:
    Me and my buddy will most likely be hosting a tournament 1 or 2 times a month. After this one, the prizes will most likely be PSN Cards.
    Wow, that sounds awesome! Good luck with that!

@Derpwraith
    Prepare yourself. I'll be there with my dual wielding build on my alt PSN which is: Regralt
    xB_WEEZYx
    xB_WEEZYx
    Regular
    Regular

Post by xB_WEEZYx Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:27 am

RSS at wooden shield or..
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:15 am

It's the day before my birthday, imma stomp all you posers and take DkSII home as a birthday present. Probably going to be practicing in the pit or with friends though, burg has just been too weak to hone my skills.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:29 am

DkS II pre-order as a prize? Why would anyone need two DkS II pre-orders? winking

Those PSN cards sound as a better prize for me. silly
    I might actually join on those. Not that it matters, cos I'll just get rolfstomped by guys like Ghadis right in the first round, but it's not fun if you don't try, right?
    St1cky1cky1775
    St1cky1cky1775
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by St1cky1cky1775 Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:35 am

Sentiel wrote:DkS II pre-order as a prize? Why would anyone need two DkS II pre-orders? winking

I might actually join on those. Not that it matters, cos I'll just get rolfstomped by guys like Ghadis right in the first round, but it's not fun if you don't try, right?
    If you already have a DkS II Pre Order, or don't want it. We would just do a $60 PSN or Game Stop Card.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:07 am

St1cky1cky1775 wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:DkS II pre-order as a prize? Why would anyone need two DkS II pre-orders? winking

If you already have a DkS II Pre Order, or don't want it. We would just do a $60 PSN or Game Stop Card.
    Hahahaha big grin
    I was just making fun of the community. Most of us here are diehard fans and as such I bet that majority of them already has DkS II pre-ordered.

Thank you for the offer, it's very nice of you, but even so, I probably won't participate. Not that I'm not interested, I'm simply realistic. This forum had several PvP events in the past and they gave me a chance to fight with a lot of residents of these fine forums, only to find myself getting obliterated left and right.

Also, I have a slight technical issue with the tournament's location. I haven't read the whole thread yet, so it may have been pointed out and adressed already, but...

I gather you wish to hold it in Burg. I daresay that it's not a good idea. I PvP in Burg most of the time and it has high traffic. High enough that it's a problem to keep RSS active for ten seconds before you get invaded. There are a LOT of failed invasions in there, which block you from online. Most of us have Taurus Demon alive, so placing RSS will be troublesome and you, as a host, or anyone who will host the tournament at the time, with SL 125, or higher will be constantly getting invaded by everyone in the Burg, because most people are on SL 100, thus SL higher than that makes you a prime invasion target.

This is the reason why all forum PvP events have been held in secluded locations, that don't see much PvP activity. Like the area before Ceaseless Discharge, Blighttown or Depths. Yes, there are some invaders, but it's nothing compared to hotspots like Kiln, Burg, Ariamis, Forest, Anor Londo and Township.
    St1cky1cky1775
    St1cky1cky1775
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by St1cky1cky1775 Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:12 am

Sentiel wrote:
    St1cky1cky1775 wrote:

Hahahaha big grin
    I was just making fun of the community. Most of us here are diehard fans and as such I bet that majority of them already has DkS II pre-ordered.

Thank you for the offer, it's very nice of you, but even so, I probably won't participate. Not that I'm not interested, I'm simply realistic. This forum had several PvP events in the past and they gave me a chance to fight with a lot of residents of these fine forums, only to find myself getting obliterated left and right.

Also, I have a slight technical issue with the tournament's location. I haven't read the whole thread yet, so it may have been pointed out and adressed already, but...

I gather you wish to hold it in Burg. I daresay that it's not a good idea. I PvP in Burg most of the time and it has high traffic. High enough that it's a problem to keep RSS active for ten seconds before you get invaded. There are a LOT of failed invasions in there, which block you from online. Most of us have Taurus Demon alive, so placing RSS will be troublesome and you, as a host, or anyone who will host the tournament at the time, with SL 125, or higher will be constantly getting invaded by everyone in the Burg, because most people are on SL 100, thus SL higher than that makes you a prime invasion target.

This is the reason why all forum PvP events have been held in secluded locations, that don't see much PvP activity. Like the area before Ceaseless Discharge, Blighttown or Depths. Yes, there are some invaders, but it's nothing compared to hotspots like Kiln, Burg, Ariamis, Forest, Anor Londo and Township.
    I was talking to my buddy Jewfrozack who is the other person on the TooFadedGaming team. We might host it in the Blighttown Arena where you get the Dragon Scale.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:40 am

That's a much better location, invasion wise, but it suffers from framerate issues, which can get pretty severe if people start using spells. One of the members here streameda small fight club in there some time ago. I had the pleasure of participating and getting my butt whooped, because we started using Pyromancies. The video was perfectly fine, but on my screen, the game turned into a slideshow. I had no idea what's goind on, so I used Fire Tempest, which only made things worse. big grin

Also, players using AoE attacks and weapons with big horizontal attacks get some advantage in there, thanks to the place being kinda small.

If I may, I would like to suggest some locations.

Arty's arena
    Royal Wood doesn't get many invaders, because most people move to Township.
    The arena itself is huge, well lit and if you stand in the entrance, you can watch the whole match, just like in Blighttown. It requires DLC, but I think that anyone who takes PvP in this game at least half seriously has it. It can also eliminate potential "OMG no fair, he used DLC stuff!" complaints.

Painted World arena
    The circual room leading directly to Priscilla, with a set of stairs on it's side.
    While Ariamis is a prime invasion hotspot, most of these happen only in the bonfire area, so the host should be relatively safe in this area. The place is also quite big and enables the host to watch the fights from the stairs. The only problem is that I think there are two user made Covenants who do some sort of PvP events there regularly, so you would have to make some sort of deal with them to let the tourny proceed without interrupting, but that shouldn't be a problem. All the guys in here are very kind. Contrary to what one would asume, given the game we all gathered around. big grin

Sen's roof
    Another big arena, although the smallest of those I posted so far. Forum held...I think two, or perhaps more events in there and it went exceptionally well. While one might think there will be a lot of invasions, There are only a handful and even if you do get invaded, unles the invader knows about you, he's more than likely to just search for you in the fortress and give up after a few minutes. I think you could get a lot of feedback from guys in here when it comes to this particular spot.

Ceaseless assault
    The area in front of Ceaseless Discharge sees next to no invasions. The bridge may add some thrill and spice to the fights, but the area itself is small and host is in danger of getting accidentaly attacked. Also, a lot of people will only focus on pushing others off a ledge, which isn't fun to play, nor watch.

Lost Izalith
    Ok, I know this one is crazy and also annoying to trek from the bonfire to get there, but hear me out first.
    Nobody and I mean nobody invades in Lost Izalith. If we get even one invader, I will personally nominate him the hermit of the year. You have almost 100% guarantee to have your Tourney uninterrupted, except for the few jerks that will go there sorely for that purpose. But you'll get those anywhere. I never saw, nor heard about Lost Izalith PvP, so it might get attention of those bored, of the usual Forest PvP vids on YT and even some of the PvPers in here, because it will be something fresh for them. As for the place where to fight. There a re a lot of options, as the whole location has more than enough open and big areas that can be utilized. Personally, I would go for the area between Bed of Chaos and titanite Demon, with many of those fire breathing statues. If contestants will be wary of hte pitfall, it should be ok. It's very large, has some enviromental hazard in form of the roots on the ground and host can watch it from above.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:35 am

I occasionally invade in Izalith, lack of other vaders gets me more traffic and there are some fun fights against people not expecting a vader. I don't think it's worth it though, no great dueling arena is not a sacrifice for no invasions. If you get one, the host should kill him or otherwise call a redo if he interferes with the match.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:43 am

And with this, I present to you the winner of the Hermit of the Year award. Ghadis_God.
    Applause, please. applause

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:28 am