Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
StiffNipples
Djem
Hugh_G_Johnson
7 posters

Weird Boss Cutscene Glitch

Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Weird Boss Cutscene Glitch Empty Weird Boss Cutscene Glitch

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:59 am

I've seen all or part of Boss cutscenes before as an invader.  I don't think it's that uncommon to see.  However, a while ago I saw myself, in Darkmoon blue, as the main character in the Gwyndolin cutscene in Dark Anor Londo.  On top of that I even stayed in the host's world after the cutscene and went all the way to the boss fog.  I couldn't get through, but the host died and I got an ear for my troubles! Weird Boss Cutscene Glitch Bloodtrail

Now, I've seen the Gwyndolin cutscene twice in the last two days (again staring yours truly in blue), however instead of staying it cuts to the beginning of the fight for a second before sending me back to my world.  I see Gwyndolin down the hall and I have the HUD, but no character.  

Sssoooooo yeah...  Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot?  Well What is it

Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Weird Boss Cutscene Glitch Empty Re: Weird Boss Cutscene Glitch

Post by Djem Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:03 pm

Sometimes in Duke's Archives, Gwyndolin's boss health bar appears at the bottom of the screen for no reason. Gwyndolin needs to sort his sh!t out.
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:01 am

I've heard about this happening a fair bit with Gwyndolin.
    I've had it happen (boss cutscenes) a few times with other bosses too, but I always get sent home, and very, very seldom is my character the one in the cutscene.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:19 pm

I had a good one with Gwyndolin where I was summoned for coop, the first cutscene showed me entering instead of the host, and then I also got the second cutscene as a summon.  I basically trolled Gwyndolin by coming in, hearing his speech, and then entering again afterwards.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:29 am

I'm so jaded now; yesterday I went to send a message while I was loading back into my world after someone entered the fog.  I barely batted an eye when I noticed that I was in the cutscene again.

I did stumble across another really jacked-up glitch, though.  I spawned in dark AL by the stairs, saw another blue by the switch and rushed to get on before he activated it.  He  hit the switch... then floated away in the distance, hovering in mid air.  The stairs never moved until he disappeared and the stairs suddenly were all the way down and I was in mid-air.  I fell onto the top of the roof of the staircase and took fall damage of course angry.  Ok, no problem... I've had similar issues before all I have to do it walk away from the center and fall.  Nope.  I can't really describe what it was like other than to say the physics for where I saw the stairs and where the stairs were, were in play simultaneously.  In other words; I could go down an invisible set of stairs in mid-air, but when I got to something solid that I could see I couldn't go through that.  AND I couldn't go down the stairs that I could see because there was an invisible floor there!  That turned out to be a major problem because I ended up trapped.  If your thinking this whole thing sounds like an acid trip and it doesn't make any sense then I think I've described it pretty well and you've got the idea of what happened.  If you have no idea what the hell I'm talking about or don't believe me, I don't blame you.  I've never been so glad to see a host challenge the area boss.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:11 am

When ringing the second bell (the one after quelaag's) in the cutscene sometimes your character has no shoes on winking
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:08 am

I still like the 1st bell tower. When entering you have weapon and shield out. Once cut scene starts you have everything put away lol
    Best thing about that tho, is you get to see wut your shield pattern looks like up close
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:30 pm

I think most if not all the cutscenes that show your character are like that.  The Gwyndolin and Seath cutscenes (and ringing the second bell) are like that for sure.  I think you see your character for a sec in the Gargoyles cutscene too.   Also the cutscenes where the serpents take you to/from the firelink chamber and placing the lordvessel -- but that makes sense.

Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:13 am

So... it happened again.  This time I loaded from my world straight to the cutscene and stayed in the other persons world.  Unfortunately, Gwyndolin died this time and I didn't get an ear... however, I'd not beaten Gwyndolin on that account yet so I did get a trophy!
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:07 pm

Btw, the AL stairs (and the elevators in Oolacile) are notorious for those sorts of glitches where people seem to run off into the distance in thin air, or seem to be on a completely different stairs/platform in their own world.  One of the best fights I ever had in Anor Londo was with a DW on a completely different, invisible set of stairs.  There were only a few places where we could hit each other, and some of them only worked if one or both stairs were in the process of rotating past each other.   The DW was also completely invisible to the host, so he thought I was just messing around on the stairs for fun.
    wretchedsausage
    wretchedsausage
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by wretchedsausage Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:24 am

A good example of this sort of crazyness.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:01 am

I've actually seen that vid before.  Oddly that seems to  happen more often than not when someone disconnects.  The bizarre part to me was Jerp wailing on the guy 15 feet from where he was on Cone's screen.  

Sometimes the glitches sort themselves out, though (hold your earbuds a foot away from your ear):

wretchedsausage
    wretchedsausage
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by wretchedsausage Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:04 am

FROM SOFTWARE, I'M GONNA FIND YOU AND CUT YOU INTO TINY PIECES! *gets unstuck* oh, good...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:43 am