Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
MacDragon65
Acarnatia
Odinbear
7 posters

Is there any point to a toxic/poison build?

Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Is there any point to a toxic/poison build? Empty Is there any point to a toxic/poison build?

Post by Odinbear Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:47 am

Building all new characters....   

The other day, while throwing Dung and getting myself poisoned I had a thought.
    A build with pyro/dex build with resistance pumped up so I could throw dung all day, other items I would carry, poison knives and arrows, poison mist, poison buff for eventually a +15 weapon and an offhand weapon ( with toxin or poison, naturally)  

What weapons in this game deal poison (naturally) or toxin?   In Demon Souls I was invaded by reds with amazing toxic weapons, I'm guessing there's nothing like that in DkS but not much experience in this type of build nor seen very many.

Is this build viable? 
     & why cannot we see this build up. Played one toon with the reinforced club, kills fast, but till I read it on the forum I never knew I was bleeding them out. Lol
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Is there any point to a toxic/poison build? Empty Re: Is there any point to a toxic/poison build?

Post by Acarnatia Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:11 am

The great club and guardian tail inflicts poison build-up and the gravelord sword inflicts toxic build-up, Aside from those, there are poisoned throwing knives, poisoned arrows, poison pine resin, and poison cloud for poison and dung pies for toxic.This is a difficult build to pull off, though certainly possible.
    MacDragon65
    MacDragon65

Is there any point to a toxic/poison build? Empty Re: Is there any point to a toxic/poison build?

Post by MacDragon65 Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:26 am

Just a slight correction here... It is the Large Club that inflicts poison. the Great Club does not.

As for the viability of the build, it depends on what you intend it to do. Poison builds are great for griefing and general invasions as it's usually unexpected by the host and it can be funny to watch them panic and try to heal their poisoning.

However, for general PvE and PvP dueling, etc. you are better off with higher DPS. Experienced PvPers will easily avoid or counter this.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:54 am

Thank you, and that was entirely accurate and well-stated. +1. Welcome to the forums!
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:25 pm

So was this kind of build more viable in DS?
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:40 pm

A strength toxin build http://mmdks.com/30u5
    There are plenty of other things to cause poison or toxic. Dark Silver Tracer, Guardian Tail, and Gravelord Greatsword can achieve this. Although you do not really need a whole build around this. Make a simple build where you have plenty of moss to cure your toxin build up from dung, use a fast weapon with rotten resin and hit their shield until they poison, then use Lloyd's Talismans so they can't heal.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:50 pm

Poison/toxin is one of my favorite builds.  As long as you have the patience, what could be better than literally waiting for your opponent to die without having to even do anything?

The poison in the dark silver tracer is stronger than other poison and decreases HP by 4 instead of 3. Just make sure you have a good shield, or you're really good at dodging.  Also the dark silver tracer is good to punish people who try and heal.
    Dusk Soul
    Dusk Soul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dusk Soul Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:35 pm

The problem with the Dark Silver Tracer is that only the 1hR2 deals toxin damage (not sure if the 2hR2 does it too) and it is slow for a dagger type weapon.

For toxin I prefer the Gravelord Greatsword since every attack deals toxin, though it has a somewhat wonky moveset (which I love in any case)
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:37 pm

In Demon's Souls you had the Baby Knife (?) that dealt plague damage. It was far worse than poison and for awhile there people didn't carry the antidote on them. Dark Moon Grass was rare, which cured everything.

There was also an acid cloud spell that would destroy people's armor and weapons. Come to think of it, there was a plague cloud spell, too, that was handy to track invisible players. You could see their health counter diminish, but if they were slightly far away from you, they would be completely invisible unless they were using some type of buff on their person or weapon.

I bet the newish players of today may not know about these things... twisted
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Odinbear Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:00 pm

Green__Eagle wrote:In Demon's Souls you had the Baby Knife (?) that dealt plague damage. It was far worse than poison and for awhile there people didn't carry the antidote on them. Dark Moon Grass was rare, which cured everything.

There was also an acid cloud spell that would destroy people's armor and weapons. Come to think of it, there was a plague cloud spell, too, that was handy to track invisible players. You could see their health counter diminish, but if they were slightly far away from you, they would be completely invisible unless they were using some type of buff on their person or weapon.

I bet the newish players of today may not know about these things... twisted
    I was attacked by these type of guys in DS, damn.   Never did get to figure out how they got those weapons.  We need some of the old demon souls stuff back we do.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:41 pm