Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
sids__09
Hugh_G_Johnson
BrotherBob
Animaaal
Carphil
twigsterxd
Kirk-Barb
Sentiel
HellsServant
Odinbear
14 posters

Ps3 hacker sighting

Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Ps3 hacker sighting Empty Ps3 hacker sighting

Post by Odinbear Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:21 pm

2nd one ever.  This one also, took no damage. Had weird dark magic spells and one shotted me with a crystal sword jab (sl17), was rolling so the last one could have been a good jab catching me in aroll. 

Forest.  

Hate to see this on PS3, me thoughts we were immune.
    HellsServant

Ps3 hacker sighting Empty Re: Ps3 hacker sighting

Post by HellsServant Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:24 pm

Odinbear wrote:2nd one ever.  This one also, took no damage. Had weird dark magic spells and one shotted me with a crystal sword jab (sl17), was rolling so the last one could have been a good jab catching me in aroll. 

Forest.  

Hate to see this on PS3, me thoughts we were immune.

No there are hackers on PS3 now, not anywhere near the amount on xbox or pc though. The good thing with the PS3 is you can block the hackers and never have to worry about them invading you or you invading them again, as long as you are on that account.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:02 pm

Second? Lucky you! I need only a hour in Burg to get one, per day. Maybe I should reloacate...

Weird magic will be Karmic Justice Explosion. It's like WoG, just looks different. Easy to roll BS too.
    Crystal weapons are a problem. There are even some that can insta Curse you, meaning you can't block, nor evade, cos Aux build up even on phantom hits. I've read about a weapon with Homeward effect as well. Not really sure what that means though.
    With infinite HP and Stamina, something like that is hard to kill.
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:46 pm

I'm on PS3 and had my first real cheater/hacker in the burg since the patch that cured the infinant dragon attacks.  I'm level 11 and the host was level 8 and an invader wearing havel's chest piece and the girly magic crown showed up and WOG us to death.  I checked and you have to be a minimum lvl 16 cleric to cast WOG.  Too high to invade either of us.

I feel your confusion..  surprised
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:28 pm

Kirk-Barb wrote:I'm on PS3 and had my first real cheater/hacker in the burg since the patch that cured the infinant dragon attacks.  I'm level 11 and the host was level 8 and an invader wearing havel's chest piece and the girly magic crown showed up and WOG us to death.  I checked and you have to be a minimum lvl 16 cleric to cast WOG.  Too high to invade either of us.

I feel your confusion..  surprised

If host is sl 8 and assuming invader was sl 16ish, that invasion is possible
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:07 pm

Thats sad news, I rarely see a hacker, actualy I think I never found one.

Hopefully we won't see much in DkS2
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:20 pm

Carphil wrote:Thats sad news, I rarely see a hacker, actualy I think I never found one.

That's because you're just THAT good big grin
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:23 pm

twigsterxd wrote:
    Carphil wrote:Thats sad news, I rarely see a hacker, actualy I think I never found one.

That's because you're just THAT good big grin

lol, not sure what you mean

I ran into a bunch of glitchers, at least one of each type (yea, we classify glicthers), but zero hackers, I believe
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:36 pm

Yeah, I finally confirmed one for sure a couple days ago.

He put lightning resin on his TwoP. I stood there in amazement actually.
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:10 pm

I really wish that the Karmic Justice/WotG spell was actually in-game. It looks awesome!

I wonder why they don't SunBro. It'd be great to see a hacker with an unupgraded Broken Straight Sword taking down Quelaag for a new player, who has no idea of what's going on.

While I'm on the subject of wondering, why is bleeding out a hacker still a viable option. I'd think with all of those suggestions to use bleed weapons, they might take a hint and hack their Bleed Res as well.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:59 pm

A no-damage-taking "karma-of-the-gods" user (I managed to dodge it, but was dead before I could finish wondering WTF?) invaded me in the burg about 2 months ago.  Within the last month I have faced 2 people in dark Anor Londo apparently AFK chilling just outside the Great Hall taking no damage.  Also; I noticed they don't get stunned.  Does kicking truly bypass poise or does it just break like 999 poise?  In other words, can I kick someone (say over a cliff?) if they don't get stunned by sword attacks?  I never got the chance to try kicking them: I died to a white because I let him hit me 3 times before I realized the host wasn't taking damage (I had DMB on and was going to kill the host then go to the white).  The second hacker DCed after after I killed a red, who BSed me because he wandered into my gold tracer spam (no bleed on the hacker either, BTW).

The last one was a dragon in the forest.  I landed a BS on him that did no damage and figured it must have cancelled, but I realized your character doesn't do the animation on cancelled BSes.  I decided to try and lure him to the cliff, but he went for the infinite dragon breathe.  I signed out before I died, though.
    sids__09
    Casual
    Casual

Post by sids__09 Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:36 am

I got invaded in front of Capra Demon today at SL20. Knew what I was up against when he popped up in full Smough with a magic mask and a lightning claymore with fire on it for good measure, but I thought what the hell, give it a shot. Apparently they also can't be backstabbed, which is a cool fact to know; this guy in particular *could* take damage, but not very much of it (I was using double Warpicks, like the boss that I am). Also fireproof, for good measure. When I died, he taunted my body, because apparently winning a game with invincibility cheats is psychologically fulfilling? Dunno. I've lost plenty of fights but this one really bugged me for some reason, some pun intended; I just got my last trophy and I'm feeling pretty well chased-out of Dark Souls. Trying to stick it out for jolly co-op, but I dunno.
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:23 am

twigsterxd wrote:

Sorry to disagree, but according to the calculater, the lowest a lvl 16 can invade is lvl 15.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:33 pm

Unless Sony does something, we will see more of it in DkS2.  Especially if it's being done with an SE. (. Which I never even heard of till a few days ago in a thread on this forum)
    The mere mention of the tools just encourages others, IMO.  

I thought the game saves were encrypted?

Last edited by Odinbear on Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:06 pm

I'm still annoyed by that invasion where it was so laggy that I hitstun and backstabbed a guy, saw no damage, and BC'd out...

Only to discover he took 700+ damage after I was already into the BC animation.

But I play on xbox and hackers are not exactly rare.  They're still only like 10% or less of the population of people I invade, but that's pretty substantial for doing console tampering that can and should get them banned.  Too bad MS doesn't care.
    jerrmy12

Post by jerrmy12 Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:51 am

Odinbear2nd one ever.  This one also, took no damage. Had weird dark magic spells and one shotted me with a crystal sword jab (sl17), was rolling so the last one could have been a good jab catching me in aroll.Forest.  Hate to see this on PS3, me thoughts we were immune. wrote:a wild ps3 hacker appeared!go machamp!ps3 hacker used wog spam! but it failed...machamp used kick spam! it was super effective!ps3 hacker fainted...received 99999999 souls! 
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:58 am

Kirk-Barb wrote:
    twigsterxd wrote:

Sorry to disagree, but according to the calculater, the lowest a lvl 16 can invade is lvl 15.
    I'm pretty sure you can go lower than that. Not 100% though. I feel as though I've invaded below that range a few times (out of many, many).
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:36 am

Invasions work in the standard SL range of 10+10% both ways, with Darkwraith invasions being able to go up, above invaders SL, indefinitely. Darkmoons can go below this SL range, with 1 SL below the range for 1 Indictment placed upon the host.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:33 am

I was a phantom in the Anor Londo interior bonfire room and a ps3 hacker invaded. He didn't attack, but let me and the Host beat on him while he didn't show any damage. Just before the second phantom was summoned into the world, the hacker disconnected.

Nice of him, but it cannot be fun. I wonder if his hack affects the game, too. Is he invincible during PvE? That cannot be fun, either.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Odinbear Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:26 pm

Green__Eagle wrote:I was a phantom in the Anor Londo interior bonfire room and a ps3 hacker invaded. He didn't attack, but let me and the Host beat on him while he didn't show any damage. Just before the second phantom was summoned into the world, the hacker disconnected.

Nice of him, but it cannot be fun. I wonder if his hack affects the game, too. Is he invincible during PvE? That cannot be fun, either.

this happen to me too, in the Forest.  When I tired of dealing no damage, he was using fists,  I did the shrug gesture and stopped fighting. He shrugged and ran off the cliff.  He gifted me and the host a bunch of humanity before all that happened.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content