Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
RANT
Laharls_Wrath
Serious_Much
Ghadis_God
TheMeInTeam
9 posters

Low-Skill Effective Invader Builds

TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Low-Skill Effective Invader Builds Empty Low-Skill Effective Invader Builds

Post by TheMeInTeam Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:57 am

Hello all.  The purpose of this thread is to post builds that will find success in invasions, including often against gankers.  The thread is mostly for fun.  Post builds you come up with that allow invaders to win lots of invasions without too much effort, and an explanation of how to play the build.  I'll start:

http://mmdks.com/36g9

- Full havel's armor is always fun for poise trades
    - Vs most builds, we look for stunlocks or trades with zwei.
    - Vs poke and roll type builds, or against builds with big, slow weapons we pull out the estoc and block + poke.  With 84 stability and 95% damage reduction, we'll come out ahead on those, and midroll can easily backstab heal attempts.
    - Finally, we dump our remaining complement of stats into faith to open up some annoying and effective spells.  WoG estoc tickstabs can be fun times and allow someone near-death to beat someone who's only hurt a little.
    - In the forest vs ganks, run to the ladder and hide at the bottom.  Anybody who slides down gets WoG spammed.  If you get another invader, help him.
    - Having problems with magic?  Drop a WoG and add GMB.  However, I rarely get hit by spells of any variety while midrolling so it's not worth a slot to me.

Estoc is chosen over rapier despite the latter's better critical damage, because the estoc hurts slightly more and more importantly, has more reach.

This one is good too but very standard:

http://mmdks.com/36gh

- You can just black flame trade on anybody without 61+ poise, or without 121+ if their weapon is slow and you can hit twice before they can (such an exchange will typicall kill them as you'll almost certainly get a 3rd BF on them and then they're redlined).
    - You can turtle on big weapons you can't trade with and poke them.
    - Great fireball --> black flame spam is great vs gankers on bridges and one of the easiest pyro combos to execute
    - Any invasion involving a ladder, or enemies blocking each other on a bridge is a great time to use fire tempest.

People who use circle or b to slide down a ladder can do literally nothing about tempest, and with this equipment they're probably going to die to it.

And finally:

http://mmdks.com/36gk

- Needs no explanation whatsoever.

So let's see more low/no effort gank-spank and invasion builds happy!
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Low-Skill Effective Invader Builds Empty Re: Low-Skill Effective Invader Builds

Post by Ghadis_God Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:29 pm

Spam r1. Win. Props to Billy Bayonet for this build, and for being crazy enough to roll an oroboros build at 55. I just optimized the armor for his stat setup. http://mmdks.com/36gv

EDIT: Forgot to mention to invade with Cracked Eye Orbs
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:38 pm

http://mmdks.com/36gx 
    I feel a bit wary about sharing this with others but this is one of my own invention. WoG often gets 1HKO's on people your level, and I've had it do more than 750 damage through a shield. If you can tickstab, you can kill almost any build by landing one WoG and following it up with a backstab. It has enough poise and HP to take one hit and trade with WoG, even after a few seconds of Power Within. Toxic Mist is for places like the Forest where you spawn almost on top of the gankers- it gives you time to buff with Power Within.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:51 pm

I think the name of that one ghadis should be "No fun ever" silly

That is a horrible build to play against
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:55 pm

Spam r1. Win. Props to Billy Bayonet for this build, and for being crazy enough to roll an oroboros build at 55. I just optimized the armor for his stat setup. http://mmdks.com/36gv

You could always just use PW + sunlight blade.  Is there no way to hit 61 poise?  I guess in most cases it won't matter since a pyro glove out is obvious enough.

I feel a bit wary about sharing this with others but this is one of my own invention. WoG often gets 1HKO's on people your level, and I've had it do more than 750 damage through a shield. If you can tickstab, you can kill almost any build by landing one WoG and following it up with a backstab.

The link doesn't seem to work, but it sounds like something along the lines of :

- SL 55ish range
    - PW + WoG with boosting gear + toxic mist you mention
    - Wolf ring + a piece or a few to get to 53 poise
    - Something like rapier

Instead of wolf ring, I can instead envision getting just over 30 poise and running hornet + ring of sun's firstborn with the rapier.
    Laharls_Wrath
    Laharls_Wrath
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Laharls_Wrath Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:19 pm

with regards to the link not working, click it and remove the space at the end of the url, that's what's breaking it
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:33 pm

http://mmdks.com/36hk  twisted
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:54 pm

TheMeInTeam wrote:

You could always just use PW + sunlight blade.  Is there no way to hit 61 poise?  I guess in most cases it won't matter since a pyro glove out is obvious enough.

I feel a bit wary about sharing this with others but this is one of my own invention. WoG often gets 1HKO's on people your level, and I've had it do more than 750 damage through a shield. If you can tickstab, you can kill almost any build by landing one WoG and following it up with a backstab.

The link doesn't seem to work, but it sounds like something along the lines of :

- SL 55ish range
    - PW + WoG with boosting gear + toxic mist you mention
    - Wolf ring + a piece or a few to get to 53 poise
    - Something like rapier

Instead of wolf ring, I can instead envision getting just over 30 poise and running hornet + ring of sun's firstborn with the rapier.

Billy uses Giants legs to hit 61 but it takes away from defense. 

This link should work now http://mmdks.com/36gx I can't work 31 poise with only
    14 End or so and no boosting equipment. 

@Serious: I rarely use this against questers, I mostly invade the forest with it and bust ganks. It's not fun at all to oneshot a new player on his own with it.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:57 pm

Laharls_Wrath wrote:with regards to the link not working, click it and remove the space at the end of the url, that's what's breaking it

I see it now.  How nasty devil .  How much more damage is going all the way to 50 faith doing?  Is this slapping people for like 1k lol?

I rarely use this against questers, I mostly invade the forest with it and bust ganks. It's not fun at all to oneshot a new player on his own with it.

Almost all of my builds find their way into forest or duels (mostly forest) eventually.  It's not all that fun to stomp on new players no matter what you're using IMO.  Even the invasion of the lowbies event using only a +5 weapon in the depths at SL10...beginning players just stop being fun to fight lol.  They turtle, trade when they can't, fish extremely poorly, panic, and die.  1-shot WoG on that would be fun for like 1-2 invasions tops, unless you were able to specifically invade a friend and ruin his day repeatedly or something ^_^.
    Pilgrim34
    Pilgrim34
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Pilgrim34 Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:07 pm

Here's a hate mail inducing forest build kind of along the lines of oroboro. Very easy to win once you start spamming that r1 with crystal magic weapon (over 700 AR). If the opponent uses one of the magic barrier miracles then bs fish:

https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=184156014677980212
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:00 pm

TheMeInTeam wrote:
    Laharls_Wrath wrote:with regards to the link not working, click it and remove the space at the end of the url, that's what's breaking it

I see it now.  How nasty devil .  How much more damage is going all the way to 50 faith doing?  Is this slapping people for like 1k lol?

I rarely use this against questers, I mostly invade the forest with it and bust ganks. It's not fun at all to oneshot a new player on his own with it.

Almost all of my builds find their way into forest or duels (mostly forest) eventually.  It's not all that fun to stomp on new players no matter what you're using IMO.  Even the invasion of the lowbies event using only a +5 weapon in the depths at SL10...beginning players just stop being fun to fight lol.  They turtle, trade when they can't, fish extremely poorly, panic, and die.  1-shot WoG on that would be fun for like 1-2 invasions tops, unless you were able to specifically invade a friend and ruin his day repeatedly or something ^_^.
    I'm not sure how much extra damage I get but I wanted a specialized build that functionally maxed out damage at 55. Taking 10 points out of faith for Vit or End doesn't make the build any stronger while specializing in Faith gives me the strongest possible WoG I could get. It does often hit for 1000 damage, in places where there are resonance rings it's even stronger and when I get a counter hit on a rolling or dashing opponent with a resonance ring in the vicinity I've hit as high as 13-1400. Then a PW bs with the Chaos Rapier does around 1000-1100 more damage, which kills most builds.
    shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:40 pm

Ghadis_God wrote:http://mmdks.com/36gx.

Isnt that mine wog build at lvl 55 i showed u?

Anyways such a fun build to use getting hatemail 4 days i sometimes just spend most time sending msg back instead of invading XD
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:36 pm

Yeah I love the idea of PW + hornet WoG tickstab lol.  It's so cruel.

However, it's not super easy to land tickstabs if people don't fish.  Still, those WoGs themselves hit like a truck so it probably doesn't matter haha.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:27 pm

shadowzninjaz wrote:
    Ghadis_God wrote:http://mmdks.com/36gx.

Isnt that mine wog build at lvl 55 i showed u?

Anyways such a fun build to use getting hatemail 4 days i sometimes just spend most time sending msg back instead of invading  XD
    I don't know how long you had it shadow but I remember coming up with it on my own quite a while ago and then being surprised that you had the same idea. Mine was originally SL100 and had 45 dex, then I made it a 55.
    Pilgrim34
    Pilgrim34
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Pilgrim34 Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:59 pm

Here's another one which is quite gratifying and easy to win with- kite and chip and then unload with some r1 spamming. Assuming your main intention is to fight gankers you shouldn't be too worried about getting parried:

https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=325688383288888442
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:30 pm

Pilgrim34 wrote:Here's another one which is quite gratifying and easy to win with- kite and chip and then unload with some r1 spamming. Assuming your main intention is to fight gankers you shouldn't be too worried about getting parried:

https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=325688383288888442

Mask of mother + END consistently beats mask of father + VIT.  The only exception is situations like 99 END and needing more equip weight.  For example:

http://mmdks.com/370s

Now, I played with some other stats there, but you can easily get over 1800hp with mother mask + FAP + extra points into END instead of VIT and have more spare points to allocate elsewhere.  I only felt a squeeze here because you put the build at 72 poise and 76 is a break point.

This could be tweaked further though, for some obnoxious results happy.
    Pilgrim34
    Pilgrim34
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Pilgrim34 Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:24 pm

Ahh thanks for that, I somehow had it in my head that 72 was the break point, must have gotten confused with something else. I like your modifications to the build, seeing it on the character planner makes a lot more sense. What a delightfully obnoxious build- I'll be using it in the forest tonight!
    Thor_Odinson
    Thor_Odinson
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Thor_Odinson Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:17 pm

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?b=cHlyb21hbmNlciw0OSwxMiw2MywxNCwxNCwxMiwxMCw4LDk5LDU5LDM3LDEzLDM3LDMxLDMsMTE0LDkyLDE1Myw0MSxub3JtYWwsY2hhb3Msbm9ybWFsLGxpZ2h0bmluZywxLDM3LDMwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCx3b29kZW4sd29vZGVuLHdvb2Rlbix3b29kZW4sMSwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCww

Personally have found amazing success with this build. The 2h r2 of the halbred after the 2h r1 usually gets bs fishers 90% of the time. Tempest can be subbed for black flame. Also if your not a shotel fan (though i find it so easy to switch from halbred to r2 a turtle for easy wins) you can instead use the weight to equip the giant gauntles to increase poise to 77 as well as armor rating.
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:06 pm

This thread should be named "Tryhard builds" instead of "Low-skilled but effective pvp builds"

Both have the same meaning, one is shorter and to the point.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:08 pm