Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Help me decide

Devokai
    Devokai
    Regular
    Regular

Help me decide Empty Help me decide

Post by Devokai Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:49 pm

Hi, after PvPing for a while now I've come up with two builds that I think are perfect
    so, I could make both probably, but I feel it's a tad unnecessary with how similar they are.

I'd like to get you guys' opinion on which you like best. Also sorry if they're a little cookie cutter. I just tried to perfect what I think to be the best playstyles.

Pure Dex http://mmdks.com/372o

Quality http://mmdks.com/372n

Also keep in mind the weapons aren't set in stone, I use plenty but I just picked some to fill the weight happy(Although quelaag's is my favorite alt weapon in the game)
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Help me decide Empty Re: Help me decide

Post by AnCapaillMor Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:29 pm

The qual with less points in end and more in strength. Practice menu swapping midfight, having kellogs sword and claymore equipped ties down a lot of weight/end.
    Devokai
    Devokai
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Devokai Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:35 pm

I do menu swap mid fight, just between my 6 weight weapons. I'm not gonna use that much mental energy jsut to swap to something I use as a get out of my face tool happy But thanks for the input.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:53 pm

Looks good.

Question: why not 45 dex?

I ask because I've never used the fireballs without having 45 dex.  I'm just wondering if you think 40 is enough, or do you feel at times that you wish they were a little bit faster?

And also, I've never tried the kick-->combustion combo at 40  dex, I've heard its tough to land.
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:04 pm

Those look like some fairly decent builds. I would just switch the pyromancies around, and perhaps get a few more attunement slots. Fire orb is a good spell to lob at people just to give you some breathing room, fire surge is great way to finish people off that are turtling, and Great Combustion or Black Flame are just great for combat.

I would also for the dex build just trade that extra ten points in health for 45 dex and attunement slots, but the quality one doesn't need that high dex so much if you will rely more on the claymore and fury sword.

I think the quality one is better though. Claymore with fastroll and poise, plus a back-up weapon with a bow, you will wreck a lot of people.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:14 pm

IMO 40 dex is plenty for pyro unless you're going for stunlock BF or the rare "great fireball" --> "Fire whip" --> "great combustion" type of combos, where you really need it.

I'm pretty sure you can combo a fireball into a GC no problems at 40 dex (assuming they don't have 81+ poise and just keep moving of course), you just can't combo multiple combustions.  IMO unless you're leaning very heavily on pyros or you just have spare points to hit a PvP level I wouldn't advocate going to 45.
    Devokai
    Devokai
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Devokai Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:15 pm

In reply to Animal, I really like 40 dex because one of my favorite tactics is fireball canceling in that awkward area between close and mid range, then swapping for a parry. 40 dex gives me that little more time on the buffer before canceling to make it believable.

And to others, that's exactly why I don't have other spells like combustion and such, because I don't like them w/o 45 dex, and mainly use them for kick combos when I do have them. They just seem flawlessly fluid @ 45 compared to 40 dex.

On a sidenote no one's actually answered my question about which they like better happy
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:25 pm

Devokai wrote:On a sidenote no one's actually answered my question about which they like better happy

SirArchmage wrote:I think the quality one is better though. Claymore with fastroll and poise, plus a back-up weapon with a bow, you will wreck a lot of people.

straight face
    Devokai
    Devokai
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Devokai Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:31 pm

Escuse me, I no engrish very well :(but thank you! I was so focused on talking about pyro I failed to read it all....
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:07 pm

Devokai wrote:....I really like 40 dex because one of my favorite tactics is fireball canceling in that awkward area between close and mid range, then swapping for a parry. 40 dex gives me that little more time on the buffer before canceling to make it believable......

That is some awesomely sneaky shyt lol. I've NEVER thought about that.

You are awarded 100 interwebs, 50 dohickies, and 25 thingymajiggs...oh and a +1.

I can't believe I've never thought about that, thnx dude! Bow 
    Devokai
    Devokai
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Devokai Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:28 pm

No problem man, if you're on ps3 give me a shout if you wanna do something sometime. And thanks for the feed back everyone I went with the Quality build.
    Claymore OP >_<
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:33 pm

Devokai wrote:No problem man, if you're on ps3 give me a shout if you wanna do something sometime. And thanks for the feed back everyone I went with the Quality build.
    Claymore OP >_<
    Great choice. One of the best weapons in my opinion, for both PvP and PvE, from sheer power and versatility. I suggest carrying around a longsword as well. Same exact move-set, just smaller. I know Dibsville, another user on the forum that is fairly knowledgeable, switches between them both. Can very easily surprise people by switching between them both mid-fight.
    Devokai
    Devokai
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Devokai Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:39 pm

I actually do something similar with the bss and estoc, they have basically the same look besides the handle, and the random moveset switch throws people off. However I think we're now bumping this thread for no reason and should put it to rest :Pthanks again.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 2:29 pm