Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+36
MikailArksot
cerealaire
Back Lot Basher
OminousSquaffle
Extofogeese
TheMeInTeam
Soul of Stray Demon
Dr__Awkward
Jester's Tears
Ariona Allant
Sneezer
heyno
Dibsville
Emergence
Mental Gear
X3RR0STR0N
Animaaal
Shakie666
reim0027
drdrack
MosquitoPower
Sentiel
Exclusive
GrinTwist
TheGreatGrapsy
MacDragon65
densetsushun
VaDoom
twilightwarwolf
Hue
Jansports
Serious_Much
Carphil
Wilkinson3424
oEasy0
aaronstarnes
40 posters

Hardest Boss?

aaronstarnes

Hardest Boss? Empty Hardest Boss?

Post by aaronstarnes Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:31 am

I was wondering what everyone's opinion on what the hardest boss is, personally I have always thought Ornsten and Smough. Because there is two of the of course but they do lightning damage with most shield/armors don't protect from. And you also have not only kill both of them you have to kill one and a super version of the other.

Please comment what you think that hardest boss is.

cheers
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Hardest Boss? Empty Re: Hardest Boss?

Post by Dibsville Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:38 am

Black Dragon Kalameet.
    oEasy0
    oEasy0

Post by oEasy0 Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:19 am

Yes, Kalameet is...a challange.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:35 am

Bed...of...friggin...Chaos....
    It's not hard, or anything, but it's so damn annoying to fight that I rather skip it. Gwyn can stay forever alone in Kiln for all I care.
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:29 am

I don't think kalameet is too hard at all, he's extremely predictable and ive beaten him flawlessly a few times, but the one boss I really hate would have to be Manus, He has a crap load of health and is extremely aggressive. Definitely on par with O&S, my second hardest boss.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:44 am

Judging by my first playthrough, I'd say Ceaseless Discharge, since it killed me the most!

As for now, I'm not sure, BoC still gives me some trouble, Arty definitely is a chalenge for speed runs/low level builds and Gwyn too, I'm terrible at parrying silly
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:24 am

Kinda hard to put in DLC bosses for me. Only face each 4/5 times. However, I'm gonna go back to the main game if you include the ng+2 or above, four kings are the challenge.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:45 am

In a regular NG I'd say Manus, tons of health good defenses (magic and elemental weapons suck against him) he is aggressive and dangerous.

In NG+7 the hardest is easily 4Kids, the inflated health and defense makes it tough for all but the most specialized of builds to deal enough dps to keep them down to 1 king at a time.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:54 am

At SL1, Kalameet.
    For anything else, O&S

BoC requires that you sit down for a while and think of an optimal path
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:07 am

BoC is where i hate the most because i can't actually fight it but rather take a hit and hope to not fall off. So really more of a pain in the *** than a challenge but other than that i'd say is Seath. I generally get cursed by him cheap bastard unless i got a lighting something then he is KO'd easily.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:31 am

Alright, I'm going to be a little more clear with my choice.

Including the DLC, the hardest boss IMO is Black Dragon Kalameet. He has a ton of health, does high damage, and has the hardest tail cut in the game. Not to mention he has a pretty large moveset for a boss of his size (you know, compared to Sif and the Gaping Dragon), and is just an outright monster for people who have never played the DLC before, right along with Manus.

Not including the DLC, honestly the hardest boss for me is Quelaag. It might sound weird, but she is really the only Non-DLC boss that you can not outright cheese without setting up an entire build first. Every other boss can either be wrecked with a resin, a pyromancy flame, or a fire weapon that you can get early on (and max out to +5). Then there's the bosses that are resistant to fire, which can be outright destroyed with the magic you have access to at that point in the game, or with a Lightning weapon. Quelaag is the only boss where you don't have access to good magic nor can you use a fire weapon on. While it's possible to 1-shot Quelaag, like I said before, unless you make an entire build around it, that's not going to happen.
    To be a little more clear, every boss can easily be cheesed with a simple mechanic whereas Quelaag is fairly resistant to everything you can throw at her at that point in the game.

But that only accounts for NG, obviously Quelaag is a cakewalk when you have better gear than a Drake Sword or a +10 weapon.

In NG+ and beyond, I'd say the hardest boss not including the DLC is O&S.

TL;DR:
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:08 am

Quelaag is easy, if you go right up to her most of her attacks will never hit you, and a BK shield will make the remaining attacks irrelevant. Then all you need to do is dodge her very obvious AoE magic attack and you're golden. I don't think I've had to flask against her the last 3/4/5 times we've gone head to head.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:10 am

Not saying Quelaag is hard, I'm just saying she's the hardest of all the bosses on the first playthrough since there's normally no way to kill her in 5 seconds like the other bosses.
    VaDoom
    VaDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by VaDoom Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:13 am

Kalameet was definitely one of the hardest the first times I beat him.
    But now i'd say it's one of the easiest for me. I rarely get hit even once and I always cut his tail.
    You can easily kill him using only a bow too. Sometimes he tries to evade the arrows by jumping sideway. But most of the times he's hit anyway.
    Same goes for BoC. It was a hell at first, now I didn't die against it for a very long time.

I'd choose O&S for the hardest, It's still hard to manage the fact there are two of them.

Recently I add some difficulties with the 4kings with my SL100 Quality on NG+5. I don't have any spell/miracle/pyro on this toon and without enough DPS I found myself trapped in the middle of 4-5 boss. After several death I used a cristal weapon, elisabeth mushrooms and just ignored anything while mashing 2HR1.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:15 am

Hardest boss in my opinion, including the DLC content, is Black Dragon Kalameet. He moves quickly, his breath is easily the most annoying thing for anyone not fast rolling(if you're comfortable with it midroll works too), his HP pool is high and he has his Calamity wave.

Excluding the DLC, in my opinion, is the Four Kings. While in practice he's not that hard to take down, in theory the boss fight is a DPS race that gimps one of your ring slots. Depending on how your build is set up that could mean a huge disadvantage.
    VaDoom
    VaDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by VaDoom Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:20 am

densetsushun wrote:Excluding the DLC, in my opinion, is the Four Kings. While in practice he's not that hard to take down, in theory the boss fight is a DPS race that gimps one of your ring slots. Depending on how your build is set up that could mean a huge disadvantage.

I 100% agree with that. Not all builds are DPS machines. That's the only boss that depends on speed.
    MacDragon65
    MacDragon65

Post by MacDragon65 Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:26 am

Dibsville wrote:Not saying Quelaag is hard, I'm just saying she's the hardest of all the bosses on the first playthrough since there's normally no way to kill her in 5 seconds like the other bosses.

Totally agree. Judging bosses based on my first play through, Quelaag was very tough. I was just starting to feel confident in my DkS skills and then get beat down at least 8-10 times by her before I finally won.

Once she was down, the rest of the game didn't seem so bad.
    TheGreatGrapsy

Post by TheGreatGrapsy Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:32 pm

Gonna have to say I hate Manus with a fiery passion. First time I went through the DLC I fought him before Kalameet, and he's the only one that succeeded in killing me. Plus, Sif doesn't really help (if you're doing it solo or offline). He just prances around and distracts Manus for a one good hit, then it's back to strafing and rolling, strafing and rolling. AND Sif's summon sign location blows tongue, running under Manus to get it wasn't my favorite part of the fight.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:14 pm

I would say for a first playthrough, Capra Demon. If you're new to the game, it takes forever to kill him. Especially his annoying dogs.
    TheGreatGrapsy

Post by TheGreatGrapsy Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:18 pm

Those damn dogs >_<
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:31 pm

I would have to say, of all the bosses, Manus has given me a very nice challenge. The only boss that gives me trouble after that would be the Four Kings but that's only if all four of them are fighting against me.
    Exclusive
    Exclusive
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Exclusive Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:40 pm

For me it's the Four Kings.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:26 pm

Alright, I will answer the question more seriously.

I don't have a particular boss in mind, that would be "hard". Only some are annoying. That's all.

However, once I go online and do a co-op in someone else's world, bosses start shifting their aggro, lag arrives in all it's glory and everything gets fubar.
    Gaping Dragon, Moonlight Butterfly, Manus, Four Kings, Kalameet, Artorias, Sanctuary Guardian, O&S, Gwyn.
    All of those can be unbelievable when you're just a phantom. Random attacks, direction changes, delays and cancels of attacks. When this sort of thing happens, that's the hardest boss.

tl;dr
    Hardest boss is lag.
    MosquitoPower
    MosquitoPower
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MosquitoPower Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:15 am

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:I would say for a first playthrough, Capra Demon. If you're new to the game, it takes forever to kill him. Especially his annoying dogs.

Im going to back this one as well.
    First playthrough, almost NOBODY is ready for what is behind that fog wall.

2nd option would be the second asylum demon under the floor.
    Was not ready for them GIANT AOA spells first time I fell through =/
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:22 am

I remember a lot of my first playthough.

I had little problems with O&S because i was using Solaire, the most difficult were Capra Demon, Stray Demon, Seath (i wanted the tail), Kalameet, Guardian, Manus, Artorias, 4 Kings, and Gwyn.

Now the only boss i still find frustrating is O&S solo, Ornstein keeps cancelling his attacks and then teleporting into them.
    For my SL1 toon, Kalameet, and Manus because for some reason my silver pendant doesn't work.

I didn't find the 4 kings that hard after i beat them on NG+ for the first time, i need a DWGR build to beat them though, after that there's always room for buffs.

Last edited by Hue on Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:39 pm; edited 2 times in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 7:31 pm