Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
WaffleGuy
OminousSquaffle
Paragon
reim0027
Ba22crow
TheMeInTeam
GenericUsername
The Lord's Servant Omega
12 posters

Your Best Forest Hunter Experience

The Lord's Servant Omega

Your Best Forest Hunter Experience Empty Your Best Forest Hunter Experience

Post by The Lord's Servant Omega Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:44 pm

My best Forest Hunter experience came about when I started to destroy my targets after having my butt handed to me by more experienced players.  

Weapon of choice:  Lightning Zweihander + 5

Armour:  Giants Set + 5

Ring:  Havel's Ring

Faith: Karmic Justice

Soul level: 147

I'm interested to read some of your stories.
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Your Best Forest Hunter Experience Empty Re: Your Best Forest Hunter Experience

Post by GenericUsername Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:12 pm

A recent invasion I did in the forest.  I spawned right on the staircase and immediately got greeted by 3 giant dads with Zweihanders and Dragon slayer spears and even then they TWoP'd me before I even got off the stairs.  So they ganked me and killed me.

Then I invaded again, same place and setup.  But I pulled out my manus catalyst and held my ground as the host TWoP'd me and started coming towards me.  I let off one dark bead and killed him.  Immediate indictment.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:48 pm

GenericUsername wrote:A recent invasion I did in the forest.  I spawned right on the staircase and immediately got greeted by 3 giant dads with Zweihanders and Dragon slayer spears and even then they TWoP'd me before I even got off the stairs.  So they ganked me and killed me.

Then I invaded again, same place and setup.  But I pulled out my manus catalyst and held my ground as the host TWoP'd me and started coming towards me.  I let off one dark bead and killed him.  Immediate indictment.

I've had the exact same experience, except replace "dark bead" with "fire tempest", and it killed one of the two phantoms.  So satisfying!
    Ba22crow
    Ba22crow

Post by Ba22crow Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:56 pm

Haha good 2nd response that was. Mmmm I came in as a magic ninja, katana and all, and thought I was going to have a good 1v1 as he bowed(I didn't bow back as I'm far too used to ganks and instead wait for their animation to end) untill I noticed the summon had chameleoned and was inching his was toward my back while I was supposed to be focused on the host. I rolled forward catching a sword to the face but managed to ninja flip out and use my superior stamina to run in the direction of the trees hoping for a bried reprieve to chameleon myself and await help.

They weren't nearly so patient and stormed after me, as I ran I noticed the ents were popping up from the ground as I ran past(meaning they were right on me, but I had help) so i ninja flipped into a 180 pulled out my catalyst and began firing crystal dragon breath immediately. The camera hadn't caught up but I aimed my first one well as the host rolled to dodge it getting himself grabbed by one of the 6 or 7 trees. The summon hadn't noticed the CDB and kept hacking away at the other trees as I mowed him down with a single well placed shot. I then waited for the host to get free and as he did he felled 3 of the ents in a single swing, realizing he likely could do the same to me I switched to moonlight blade and gave him a good dose of magical hurt. He stood back up realising that between the ents and myself he would be killed pretty soon, he decided to turn tail and run, he never saw the crystal soul spear coming. cheers
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:52 pm

2 that really stick in my mind:

Wake up riposte to kill the host, after his ganking summon-bro BSed me.

A CMW, HR, DKA + PW parry and riposte. That is a OHK guaranteed. I just put my controller down and enjoyed the long animation. But, the best thing was the catbro with me, know I had a HR, and as soon as I started the riposte, he started spamming the Joy animation (knowing the gannking host was about to die).
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:02 am

This was probably my favorite invasion of all time. I may be a moonbro but i moonlight as a catbro on occasion just to keep my anti-ganking skills sharp.

Anyway, in this particular invasion I stumbled into the world of another catbro. He was slacking of from his hunting duties and instead was ganking other catbros with the help from two phantoms. I knew he was a catbro because 1: he had two summons with him and B: the npc's werent attacking him.

I found out soon after I spawned that these gankers were much higher level than me. I was nervous but I felt there was no point in backing down.

After eluding them as best i could for about a minute I lured the host towards the first invisible knight (the one by the mage). The host has his zwei out and his too buddies are closing in on me. I use the trees to my advantage and manage to trick the host into hitting the invisible knight.

As soon as he hits the knight, all of the forest npc's aggroed simultaneously and swarmed on the gank squad. The bandit, the thief, the mage, the cleric, the archer, and the two invisible knights all sprinted right at the host and his pals. To this day i will never understand how exactly it happened but even npc's that should not have aggroed because of distance showed up anyway. The gankers were quickly overwhelmed as the forest npc's delivered an inhuman beatdown on them. The fray lasted about ten seconds, none of the npcs died, and once they were finished they all calmly walked back to their posts.

No Dark Souls experience i will ever have will be as awesome as the one I had just witnessed.
    OminousSquaffle
    OminousSquaffle
    Casual
    Casual

Post by OminousSquaffle Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:30 am

I did forest invasions for about an hour and a half earlier and had one VERY good one. 

Traffic was pretty low and I was mainly getting 1v1s with the same three people on a repeating cycle. I was just about to bail since I was getting bored of roll BSing WoTG spam but then I encountered a host with two phantoms, one of whom was hacking. Not infinite HP (thank god) but over 8,000 HP and LOTS of divine blessings.

First match I got demolished. Host was spawncamping with the stone greatsword and I got TWoP'd, insta-Karmic Justice spammed and then taunted. I immediately favorited all three players and told myself I wasn't getting off until I got a second shot at them.

About thirty minute later I invaded them again. This time I spawned in the middle of the ent forest. As expected, they came running after me and I headed for the ledge under the bridge by the rolololol cats, pulled out the obsidian greatsword and waited. The host went around to try and snipe me from the opposing cliff and the hacking phantom (I honestly didn't know you could do this) somehow dropped down behind me, just BARELY avoided falling off and then pulled out his insta Karmic Justice.

I'm at best a slightly above average player, but I CAN do ringswaps well so I switched to Hornet ring while in the grounded animation, rolled through his second cast of it and got the roll BS in. It got cancelled, but he got sent into the water. So. Freaking. Exhilarating.

Me and the host then got into a stand-off on the ladder. He parked at the top and kicked at me, managed to knock me off...and then climbed up, turned around and tried to do a plunging attack on me. Unfortunately, he missed...by a good few feet.

River OP, needz nerf
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:21 am

I was with a friend in the Forest, which I do on rare occasions. I dropped prism stones, but figured I'd make a big ring to fight in. It ended up being matches of naked fistfights and force-spamming eachother out of the ring. It lasted a good while and every invader we encountered participated in it. One guy dressed up as Smough and had a sumo-battle with my friend. 

We also held battles in the ring with weapons we didn't have the right stats for. I can honestly say I can parry weapons without the right STR-requirement better than with STR-requirement.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:58 am

Usually have bad experiences in the forest. I suppose my best was being SL8 and i just kept bumping into the same 2 guys who slaughtered me. Through a kindly forest host that i'd bumped into previously i was a able to max out my pyro glove. so i spawned saw the 2 and ran like fudge up to Alvina's whipped out chaos storm, had the crown of dusk and bellowing on and caste it in the house just as they entered, switched to hornet and fire rapier+7, bs'd the phantom as he got up and parried(i can't parry for crap) the host as he tried to bs me. Got about 600k for it. Felt bloody beautiful especially after get my butt handed to me for so long.
    Zer0Guy

Post by Zer0Guy Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:55 pm

Once I invaded 3 gankers twice in a row on my Leeroy build, the first time they wrecked me. The second time I ran past Alvina and onto the stair case. I prepared WoG and the host ran in first, I hit him with it twice and he fell of the broken section. He didn't even have a chance to survive the plunging attack from the Grant laughing
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:16 pm

I'll relive this one for you.  I invaded a group of two. I wait at the cliff where all the Skarekrow Tree Descendants are (they're dead though already).  The phantom comes charging in and I'm so worried about when the host is gonna jump at me that I die before realizing that he wasn't.  

I invade the same duo again and think, "ok, duels....I can do that."  I have my usual loadout of Great Scythe, Blood Shield, Black Iron and a few miracles.  I meet them in the same arena and the phantom, a mid weight rapier user pokes me once or twice.  He gets confident.  Then he gets parried.  The host has been standing way off but seeing most of his friend's life bar go "whoosh" in one shot led him to start sprinting at me.  I don't know if he didn't see the invasion message or figured the guy was AFK but he never even once paused to suggest he was looking over his shoulder.  I had a clear view of the OTHER Forest Hunter who was hiding in the trees.  I don't recall if he tried to join his friend or if I finished him quickly but the phantom wasn't able to go very far.  The host ended up finding himself in the spot he was trying to put me in starting with the backstab the other blue hit to stop him from joining his friend. I suppose we joined them in death.

Honorable mentions:
    -The time I let a (ganking) host chase me around the heavily wooded area and jumped into the little ravine leading to the rolly cat bridge.  The host landed next to me.  One Tree jumped in behind him and another came in from behind me and boxed him in. He was completely unable to move.  Of course my Great Scythe could still hit him too.  His phantom was off fighting another blue.  Perfect.
    -The (numerous) times I've zig zagged backwards through the trees suggesting (incorrectly) to the host/phantom that I'm not so sure where I am and am backpedaling in a panic.  They of course would have no reason to suspect I've just led them very efficiently through a path that will aggro EVERY tree in the joint ending with with group at the cliff.  The real beauty is that if you don't head right at the trees on this route, they will jump up, and then follow you instead of directly attack the host/phantom.  Meaning, when you get to the cliff and stand in the circle of trees your enemies will pause for a second.  They will see the small group you're hiding in approach and ready for battle.  As the larger group behind them closes in.  Fun fact I learned from this:  The stretch armstrong attack the trees do can actually strike a player from outside the WoG range.  It's hysterical to see a host completely enveloped in green trying to spam WoG and the trees casually taking turns whipping the joy out of him.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:20 pm

reim0027 wrote:2 that really stick in my mind:

A CMW, HR, DKA + PW parry and riposte.  That is a OHK guaranteed.  I just put my controller down and enjoyed the long animation.  But, the best thing was the catbro with me, know I had a HR, and as soon as I started the riposte, he started spamming the Joy animation (knowing the gannking host was about to die).

That sounds like some kind of overkill lol.

Won't even an elemental rapier + hornet + PW kill the vast majority of builds?  A chaos rapier +5 hornet backstab hits for ~900 most of the time in my experience, so I'd expect a riposte to do well over 1k.  Throw on a 30% and 50% modifier and you're talking about over 1800 damage in theory.

Of course, one would have to actually land the parry.  But with all that + CMW...lol.  Now THAT's a 1-shot!
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:45 pm

Invaded with my naked, sack head streaker build.  Chased around by an all-Havels host and his 2 summons, finally ending up near all the treants.  I have no weapons, only poison and toxic mists (for cover and funnier streaking).  I'm dumping them everywhere, and finally get killed by all the zweihanders.  As I'm dying, host starts spamming Well, What Is its -- as 5 treants lumber out of the clearing mists and rip him to pieces.  Ironically, if he'd had less poise, they might have staggered him out of his own gesture so he could have escaped.

Honorable mention:  running completely out of pyromancies and killing the host by punching him to death with the pyro glove.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:06 pm

TheMeInTeam wrote:
    reim0027 wrote:2 that really stick in my mind:

A CMW, HR, DKA + PW parry and riposte.  That is a OHK guaranteed.  I just put my controller down and enjoyed the long animation.  But, the best thing was the catbro with me, know I had a HR, and as soon as I started the riposte, he started spamming the Joy animation (knowing the gannking host was about to die).

That sounds like some kind of overkill lol.

Won't even an elemental rapier + hornet + PW kill the vast majority of builds?  A chaos rapier +5 hornet backstab hits for ~900 most of the time in my experience, so I'd expect a riposte to do well over 1k.  Throw on a 30% and 50% modifier and you're talking about over 1800 damage in theory.

Of course, one would have to actually land the parry.  But with all that + CMW...lol.  Now THAT's a 1-shot!
    Oops, I meant DGA, not DKA. And, that buffed DGA riposte will do over 2500 damage. It will OHK anyone. You can't get your vitality high enough to survive that. And, overkill? In the Forest? No such thing my friend.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:16 am