Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Boogerwood
ScottyDoesKnow
6 posters

Large/Great Club 2H Rolling R1

ScottyDoesKnow
    ScottyDoesKnow
    Addicted
    Addicted

Large/Great Club 2H Rolling R1 Empty Large/Great Club 2H Rolling R1

Post by ScottyDoesKnow Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:34 pm

What's a good strategy against this? The phantom range is killer, it can't be parried, and I thought I could roll BS it but the area of effect just cancelled my backstab. Any tips?
    Boogerwood
    Boogerwood
    Casual
    Casual

Large/Great Club 2H Rolling R1 Empty Re: Large/Great Club 2H Rolling R1

Post by Boogerwood Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:19 pm

Definitely not bragging, but this hasn't given me much of a problem.  When they're staggered, I go in for some attack (Great Combustion, Dark Bead, Dark Flame, etc).  If you roll while they're swinging, you should be able to get behind them or near them for pyro, etc.  Only other thing would be throw on the Wolf Ring and praise that additional poise helps!
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:14 pm

I love the GC, so here's what can work against me in no particular order:

-- DWGR flippery
    -- AoE spells/pursuers
    -- punishing stamina drain
    -- arrows

One of the reasons the rolling R1 is so effective is because it's really easy to use unlocked, you can basically redirect it anywhere you want in a 360 circle around yourself as you exit the roll.  So with DWGR flippery, you have to wait until the swing is committed and then either roll out of the impact or trust your iframes to get through it.   The swing recovery is fairly slow so in addition to rollstabs you can try to soak it on a good shield and then use WoG, pyros etc.  Just watch out for folks who go into the roll R1 and then toggle out after impact to their own pyro or a fast weapon instead of trying to recover for another GC swing, because you'll walk right into that.  Finally, as with anyone who is two-handing a weapon you can often get a good result if you either bait them into using up their stamina so they can't even block (or switch to a shield at all), or stand off and pepper them with arrows/bolts.  Good luck!
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:15 pm

If they don't unlock, then roll BS them. If they unlock, then roll BS them, but not every time. Fake it and don't show a pattern (roll left, right, miss your roll, etc). Then, time it right. Or get them to roll R1 spam until their endurance is gone.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:42 pm

I don't run into a lot of GC users but usually when i do, they use a very predictable pattern. My guess is becaus of the moveset, and usually when peope aren't 100% comfortable with a weapon, they stick to the moves they know they can pull off. I don't know, maybe it's just me over thinking things. Anyways, Reim pretty much summed it up. Study their pattern and roll bs them when you get an opening. People tend to change they're playstyle when they get murked.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:00 am

Roll bs, blocking, dodging. It's a powerful attack but usually easy to see coming.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 4:09 pm