Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
Sleeprocket
Ephexis
tigab95
Back Lot Basher
FruitPunchNinja
CakeThiefPro
RANT
Uparkaam
Parsify
GrinTwist
skarekrow13
Sentiel
Serious_Much
AnCapaillMor
twigsterxd
SadPanda
Juutas
21 posters

Dark Souls II first PvP footage!

skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Dark Souls II first PvP footage! - Page 2 Empty Re: Dark Souls II first PvP footage!

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:06 am

Damn, sorry. It worked on mine but if it routed through Facebook.....

Thanks for covering it tigab95
    tigab95
    tigab95
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Dark Souls II first PvP footage! - Page 2 Empty Re: Dark Souls II first PvP footage!

Post by tigab95 Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:11 am

skarekrow13 wrote:Damn, sorry. It worked on mine but if it routed through Facebook.....

Thanks for covering it tigab95
    No probs winking
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:15 am

tigab95 wrote:
    Juutas wrote:
    skarekrow13 wrote:Here's a link to the video with English translation;

Here
    the link doesn't work sad
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_0nevaVL_I&feature=youtu.be

this should work winking
    woo-hoo! thanks! Joy
    Ephexis
    Ephexis

Post by Ephexis Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:51 am

i love all the new footage I've seen
    however i would prefer they make the bloodstain apparition of the player how it was in Des, also make the "wandering nearby players" how they looked in des as well
    the dks version doesn't clearly show the other player at all and looks terrible

i would also like the messages image to be changed to something else but i don't really mind that regardless

either way i still enjoyed the new(short) footage, thanks for the link Praise the Sun
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:01 am

Now the "ghosts" of other players show the armor too it seems :)that's a nice little detail
    CakeThiefPro
    CakeThiefPro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CakeThiefPro Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:05 am

Ephexis wrote:i love all the new footage I've seen
    however i would prefer they make the bloodstain apparition of the player how it was in Des, also make the "wandering nearby players" how they looked in des as well
    the dks version doesn't clearly show the other player at all and looks terrible.
    This.
    tigab95
    tigab95
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by tigab95 Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:24 am

Juutas wrote:Now the "ghosts" of other players show the armor too it seems :)that's a nice little detail
    Yeah, I really like it when they put those kind of details in a game
    Sleeprocket
    Sleeprocket

Post by Sleeprocket Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:32 pm

Looks nice,and i really want the bloodstains from DeS back or atleast a option to switch the color.
    TheWanderer101
    TheWanderer101
    Casual
    Casual

Post by TheWanderer101 Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:52 am

I have a feeling that unlocked play will be really popular due to the new lock on system , it just seems much easier then having to constantly re-adjust the camera. (Epic avatar Sleeprocket Jetstream Sam is a boss)
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:30 pm

AnCapaillMor wrote:Heh first pvp footage and it's a gank. And there's something about the movement that puts me off a bit.
    Me too. Looks kludgy.  Although the movement and look and feel of the black robed player is kinda neat. He kinda floats.  It's the weapons and rolling. Seems slower and something that you have to time just right.  No button mashing.
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:53 pm

The movement animations seem....... slidey.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:56 pm

Kiva the wanderer wrote:The movement animations seem....... slidey.
    I don't get what people mean when they say that. To me the animations look more realistic than ever and they're really smooth as well
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:59 pm

Serious_Much wrote:
    Kiva the wanderer wrote:The movement animations seem....... slidey.
    I don't get what people mean when they say that. To me the animations look more realistic than ever and they're really smooth as well
    It looks a little awkward to me, its like the red phantom is rolling on ice.
    I like the way the warrior moves since hes armoured..... its just....... i dunno it just looks strange.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:02 pm

Oh I don't care what the animations for the summoned players look like, lag will make anything look weird, though the fact that occurs means lag might still be a significant issue in dark II
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:06 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Oh I don't care what the animations for the summoned players look like, lag will make anything look weird, though the fact that occurs means lag might still be a significant issue in dark II
    Didnt Demon souls have worse lag? I get people saying it wasnt but ive seen some demon souls gameplay and it doesnt look all that lag free than DkS.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:23 pm

Kiva the wanderer wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:Oh I don't care what the animations for the summoned players look like, lag will make anything look weird, though the fact that occurs means lag might still be a significant issue in dark II
    Didnt Demon souls have worse lag? I get people saying it wasnt but ive seen some demon souls gameplay and it doesnt look all that lag free than DkS.
    I've no idea as I haven't played demons online very much, but the couple pvp matches I had in demons were better than my matches in dark for lag.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:06 am

Kiva the wanderer wrote:
    I agree with Kiva on the animation of characters in Dark Souls II. It's just easier to notice on phantoms, but the host has these "sliding" animations as well. I pointed it out previously, but got shunned with it being not completed yet and who cares. If you watch the feet of the host in many of the gameplay vids, you can notice he rollerskates on the floor. That's a huge fail for me, because Souls series always had a nice touch for details like these, while II seems to lack it.

As for Demon's Souls. It didn't have worse lag, or latency then Dark Souls, but it had worse hitboxes, due to poor netcoding, which resulted in it's notorious giant phantom hit. For example, when my friend tried to hit me with Greataxe roll R1, which is similar to Large/Great Club rolling R1, I had to roll away TWICE, because one roll wasn't enough to escape the phantom reach of the attack.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:29 am

Sentiel, that's certainly legitimate. Hopefully it's something they'll fix. The dual wielder actually looked the most unnatural to me. The attack animations I like so far. My biggest hope lies in how well everyone who has hands on with it says it plays.
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:09 pm

all that needs to be said is that this footage is a closed beta . it isn't even dressed up to be shown off it's at its rawest playable state so if you think it looks bad or it appears to play different then calm down and be patient for tokyo gameshow september 19th

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:55 am