Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
SirArchmage
crbngville2
Pilgrim34
xenon_nobelium
Leet
OminousSquaffle
AnCapaillMor
Lutallo
12 posters

Muramuko for PvP?

Lutallo
    Lutallo

Muramuko for PvP? Empty Muramuko for PvP?

Post by Lutallo Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:03 am

I'm quickly running out of weapons to use for PvP and I found the scaling and damage on Muramuko to be pretty damn good. I've searched everywhere for some info on the PvP affinity of this weapon but I haven't found any, nor have I come up against many users either. Anyone know from first hand experience if it's any good in terms of stunlocking, moveset (I think it might be a TINY bit too slow), range, etc?
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Muramuko for PvP? Empty Re: Muramuko for PvP?

Post by AnCapaillMor Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:12 am

There's been a few rant threads on it's stunlocking capability. Tried it myself but ended up being BS'd a lot, then again i wouldn't be the greatest PVPer.
    OminousSquaffle
    OminousSquaffle
    Casual
    Casual

Post by OminousSquaffle Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:19 am

Love it. I tend to avoid using it for duels since its most effective combo (R1 R1 R1 R1) is a bit cheap but for ganker hunting....love it. I've stunlocked soooo many goobers to death with it...almost anything short of full Havel's goes into the stagger of death on the second hit. One full stamina bar of hits in will clear up an 1800 HP Havelmom quite nicely.

Range is good. It dead angles pretty well, although I'm shotty at dead angling so it might actually be phenomenal/terrible. The R2 moves are fairly useless outside of looking stylish (two-handed heavy attack has a long build up and hits on a straight line, one-handed has the same build-up problem though you can sometimes catch people with an unlocked predictive attack going for where you think they'll dodge)

Honestly, it CAN be used one-handed and for a dueling weapon, but its most effective use...

Two hands. Disengage lock-on. R1>R1>R1>R1. Rinse and repeat.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:32 am

Once you learn to use it, it's one of the best weapons for PvP. It hits like a truck. Also, people seem to think they can parry it. Very easy to punish when they parry spam.
    xenon_nobelium
    xenon_nobelium
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by xenon_nobelium Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:35 am

its 1hR2 works just like large clubs 1hR2 and great scythes 2hR2..it's good!
    http://mmdks.com/3p2j here's my loadout. 1h moveset is much better, 2h you have better poisebreak but lose all the deadangles from R2 and running attack
    Lutallo
    Lutallo

Post by Lutallo Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:41 am

Sounds pretty good then. I'll have to use it in the forest on some gankers, the normal R1 attacks seem decent for crowd controlling them gankers.
    Pilgrim34
    Pilgrim34
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Pilgrim34 Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:55 am

The instant gratification of its powerful r1 hits makes it great to use in the forest or anywhere else against gankers, though sometimes I find its range to be a little lacking.

It's harder to use in 1v1 duels since people will tend to counter it with spears and thrusting weapons and it's also pretty heavy. It is quite hard to parry but it's possible if you get right up close to block the first hit and parry immediately after the block (most builds will not have enough poise to tank then parry).

Usually when I come up against people using it then I will use a weapon that outranges it, a lot of gankers stack heavy armour and sacrifice their movement speed so you should be able to stay out of the mura's range fairly easily.
    crbngville2
    crbngville2
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by crbngville2 Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:16 am

Ask Reim for lessons. He is the best best Mura PVP'er I have faced.
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:51 pm

It has amazing phantom range, possible the best stun-lock in the game, great R2s, running attack, and even jump attack. It deadangles like crazy, hits like a tank, and all you need is one good hit to stun-lock them for most their health. What it lacks in speed it makes up for in everything else. Something I do is use the one-hand R2, wait a second as they go for the easy backstab, then use the R2 again for its R2 combo and surprise them with the unexpected hit. Pretty hard to make a decent fast-rolling Mura build, due to the weight and stat-investment, plus you may want to be a bit tanky for people that try to poke you to death between your swings.

http://mmdks.com/3p5r This is my build for it. I call it my samurai build. Washing Pole if for when they have just a small amount of health left and need to be finished off.

Like what the above person said, ask Reim. I hear he is great with it, and most likely much more experience with it then me.
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:36 pm

The mura is probably the best, well balanced weapon in the game. I say well balanced because most viable mura builds get countered by katanas, good claymore users (if the build has less than 53 poise, and if you want fast roll, you probably do,) spear users, and pretty much anything with ninja flip. After using it extensively, these are what I would lose to a majority of the time with little chance of pulling out a win.

The mura is best paired with something like a rapier for backup utility, it fills in the gaps and makes you much scarier.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:48 pm

It both dead angles AND stunlocks.  Even STR builds can make use of an elemental version as a result.  The thing is obnoxious; use it and enjoy it big grin.
    Xero
    Xero
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Xero Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:41 pm

Fast roll 53 poise Mura build.
    http://mmdks.com/3p9u
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:04 pm

This weapon rocks. Worth the stat investment. It is great 1H, so you can parry as well. It dead angles and stunlocks. It's running R1 is great. R2-R2 is insanely powerful. It can also be combined with Pyro (since both level up with dex and the Mura is best in 1H).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:29 pm