Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
BLA1NE
Reaperfan
callipygias
Serious_Much
reim0027
RANT
aceluby
PlasticandRage
russiannightmare
Crowned
Dj-B-Man-Jr
15 posters

Constantly Changing

Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Constantly Changing  Empty Constantly Changing

Post by Dj-B-Man-Jr Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:25 am

One of the things i love about dark souls is the fact that there are so many builds, weapon and armour combinations, techniques and spells that the way i play is constantly chaning. It's amazing! I've never played a game that has provided this much choice and freedom. I've gone from using nothing but katanas to great scythes to curved swords then i became obsessed with str weapons for awhile, and now i'm currently playing around with all the thrusting swords, The rapier was my favourite, until i gave ricard's a chance. wow this game is just epic!

Is this the same for you guys? or do you just stick with one build that works for you?
    Crowned
    Crowned

Constantly Changing  Empty Re: Constantly Changing

Post by Crowned Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:56 am

Knowing there's so many choices,I don't see anyone making new ones,I see the same pivot stabs and Tranquil Walks. Still,with all the crap I still can't walk away from the game,it's just so beautiful and refined.
    russiannightmare
    russiannightmare
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by russiannightmare Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:04 am

I love them all but there are a few that I just can't shake like the claymore. It's just so useful and its entire move set just works. I am trying to force myself to try out other weapons and I'm really starting to like daggers they don't hit hard but are super quick and hard to parry
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:31 am

I actually have played the game from beginning to end 5 times now since christmas, have 5 completely different builds, and have yet to get further than the Taurus Demon in NG+. I couldn't agree more. Variety is the spice of life my friend
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:24 am

On my first character I went from a sorcerer w/ light armor and all magic to a battlemage wearing black knight armor and using mostly melee. Took about 50 hours of experimentation to make that transition w/ numerous amounts of little changes in between.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:46 am

yeah dude, after trying all the weapons and all kinds of diff builds i stayed with str based weapons, thrusting weapons beign my least favorite. i love the grant, dgh, dgm, msgs, mace, the clubs and other i cant remember.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:08 pm

I'm with you. I have made numerous builds, trying different weapons. I have finally found a weapon I like . . . at least for now, lol.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:18 pm

Every new playthrough I try something different. However the differences may not be large sometimes and huge in others.

Only interesting build I still haven't done is a STR/Faith Build, but to be honest I'm not really a fan of Str weapons so not sure if that's gonna happen silly
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:31 pm

The only thing I do that might be considered a "build" is when I design a character for co-op in a specific area. For my regular playthroughs I always end up with high strength AND high dex and high... well, pretty much everything except intelligence, because I'm not a fan of shooting blue stuff about. The great thing about that is when my mood changes from a Rapier to a Golem Axe to a divine Lucerne I can just switch back and forth. The variety of weapons in this game is amazing. (And MAN are some of them cool looking!)
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:01 am

I can't count the number of builds I've done. Each of my character slots has had at least 3 characters on each of them, except for the first one that has my first character I ever made for nostalgia purposes down the road happy

I usually find myself hopping back and forth with little pattern as to what defines my next build. Was my last character a pure INT caster? Time to make a Tanking STR build with a weapon I've never used. No new weapons? Time to start an NPC clone build (the only time you will ever get me to even consider Giant's Armor btw winking). Run out of NPCs? Better start challenge runs! And it keeps on going...
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:24 am

When I first got the game and scrolled down the list of character slots, I thought "no way I'll fill all these"... About 500 gameplay hours later, I've filled them each more than twice--had to delete a lot of builds as I went! The best part is that they were all builds, with specific stats and equipment. Each one played very differently, and was a completely different experience from the last. And every time I think I've done all the builds I can think of, something else comes to mind!

Right now, I want to make a new and improved PvP Mage--looking forward to it greatly. big grin
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:44 am

i've made and overwritten about 25+ builds they always reach anorlondo and beat s&o then i end up coming up with something new.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:26 am

BLA1NE wrote:The best part is that they were all builds, with specific stats and equipment. Each one played very differently, and was a completely different experience from the last. And every time I think I've done all the builds I can think of, something else comes to mind!

It's amazing how it actually doesn't take much to make something play completely differently. I have two Faith builds with basically the same stats, but I only changed the armor choice between them (one uses full Paladin the other full Cleric Armor). This in turn affected my weapon choice because of different weight amounts, and the different weapon choices changed the combat to where I had different miracle loadouts. In the end, one became more of a tanking warrior relying on heals and defensive support miracles, while the other became more of a miracle-caster with offensive miracles. All from one simple armor swap big grin
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:35 am

Yeah, I think From really delivered on their goal to make the player get attached to his weapon; make every weapon viable, and to suit a play style. As you get comfortable with each weapon you're capable of adapting your play style to other ones, then you adopt them and they completely change the game again!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:52 am

Dj I think you know first hand that I love variety haha. silly
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:15 pm

I have yet to make a build that stays as what I intended it to be. My Mage was supposed to be capped at 20...he's now level 50. My Dex build was supposed to be a Silver knight cosplay invading in Sens (40), he's now Level 90 with a Great Scythe and a rather unique armor combo. My str build has 7 different weapons to use, and I'll cycle through them every time xD

Dark Souls is simply not a static game.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:51 am

I don't bother with builds which is probably why I get tanked in PvP. My character just evolved on it's own. For some situations I go light with my Ninja Gear and Fire Uchi+10 and for others I equip Havels and the Gravelord Sword+5. Whichever gear I'm toting though, I've always got my Composite Bow+14 (just one more slab, pleeease) ready.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 9:07 pm