Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Sentiel
Marino.
XachAttack
Werdax
9 posters

Healing through miracles.

Werdax
    Werdax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Healing through miracles. Empty Healing through miracles.

Post by Werdax Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:37 am

For some time now I have been wondering: What is peoples thoughts on healing through miracles?
    Recently, I have been making quite a lot of faith characters (only for the sake of countering magic), and I have always been wanting to take a healing miracle with me.

On one hand, casting a miracle to heal yourself during a battle is very risky. Its practically like raising a sign and say "Backstap me!" Making it somewhat fair.
    On the other hand however, assuming I use said healing miracle, I get to heal almost, if not all, of the Hp my opponent (presumably) worked hard to take away from me.
    As a guy who valor honor still, I would hate to heal up in a duel unless I somehow earned it.

So my question is: What are your thoughts on healing through miracles? Does the risk make up for the benefits? Would it be considered fair, or just another scrub healing method?

Last edited by Werdax on Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:27 am; edited 1 time in total
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Healing through miracles. Empty Re: Healing through miracles.

Post by XachAttack Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:46 am

I'd consider it being fair. It's your opponent's fault for letting you get it off, you deserve that heal.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:56 am

Nah, Divine Blessings are much faster and even Humanity is faster and even easier to come by .

Except for the Arena (which nobody useyway) Healing Miracles are worthless .
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:59 am

Unlike items, Miracles need a stat investment and waste your Att Slot.
    They're also the slowest method to heal, although easiest to interrupt.
    As such, when someone tries to pull a Great Heal midfight, I'll aplaud his courage, or foolishness to do so and facepalm myself if he indeed manages to pull it off.
    Unlike item healing, I won't get mad at the guy even if it was in a pre-arranged duel, or a fight club/tourney.

I'm actually in favor to healing Miracles, because I very much prefer the healing system the Arena has over the normal one.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:48 pm

Totally kosher.

It's your Attunement slot, use it as you see fit.

Healing BS is DBs, Elizabeth's, Estus, and, to a lesser extent, Humanity.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:06 pm

Estus is fine imho. It does like 800 HP per heal, which is just one bs away and can be blocked with Lloyd's, unlike other healing items. What irks me is that Lloyd's used on phantoms doesn't stop them from getting healed by the host.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:10 pm

Yes, I always carry Lloyd's but I feel like I shouldn't resort to it. Plus, when you have 20 of them that's a lot of extra health. You might as be going into the fight with NG+7 Kalameet levels of HP.
    ScottyDoesKnow
    ScottyDoesKnow
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ScottyDoesKnow Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:16 pm

I think healing miracles are fine, Sentiel touched on it pretty well. I would be much in favour of dark souls 2 having no healing items besides estus. Or maybe leaving humanity but having it take a looong time (basically have to get away from the other player completely to be able to use it). At the same time I'd probably make lloyd's talismans last longer.
    kazumoshi
    kazumoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by kazumoshi Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:28 pm

While I'm sure most of the people in this forum are okay with healing miracles, after a day in the Burg/Moonpit, I can tell you a lot of players won't be. Then again, I was using a rather.. overkill setup. 
    http://mmdks.com/3rhj
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:49 pm

In an arranged duel it depends on the participants' expectations.  Normally I would say that most people would be ok with it but it's hard for me to really say what most people think I suppose winking

In the "wild" I wouldn't hesitate.  Even if it's an honorable match.  The cost to use it is very high like others have said.  

From personal experience, it's actually most effective in dishonorable matches.  I myself LOVE to use Great Heal in the Forest.  I've very rarely been interrupted too despite often starting it in definitive punishing distance.  The secret is that it looks pretty close to Tranquil Walk of Peace and since very few people use Great Heal in PvP (or at all....I mean seriously) they can't tell the difference.  So you'll get a lot of gankers expecting a TWoP followed by a Wrath of God spamfest.  

The hilarious moment is when they see your life bar zoom back up completely and try to rush you like maybe they can stop it or get the jump on you. By that time though you're back standing and waiting.  Gough needs to make a carving that says:

"CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP"
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:13 pm

Its fine, the only situation I'd find not cool is when you have a buddy backstabbing the guy while you cast it, but thats just ganking anyway

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:17 am