Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Gravelording?

redwingsoverbaron
    redwingsoverbaron

Gravelording? Empty Gravelording?

Post by redwingsoverbaron Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:40 am

is gravelording at sl 130 viable? the build im running just isnt going to be possible (with fastroll) unless im level 130, so, i know gravelording isnt the most active of online play anyways, but any insight would be great. 

also, sorry about not replying to my paladin build, **** is boring, so i moved on lol.

also any cool details to know about gravelords would be awesome too, never tried this before.
    kettpower
    kettpower
    Regular
    Regular

Gravelording? Empty Re: Gravelording?

Post by kettpower Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:57 am

you didn't mention what system you are on....

on ps3 i wouldn't think that going for 130 is any problem, as online seems to be very active. gravelording uses the same sl range as coop summoning for infecting other people's worlds, so @ 130 you can still infect people @ the very popular sl120.

personally i would go for sl120, as it's still possible to infect people @ sl100, but I'm not sure how popular this sl is on the consoles.

anyway, if you want a lot of pvp, just use the eye of death at any of the common pvp spots like burg, township,... but this should be obvious. stand around where people duel, so your sign can easily be spotted. tbh I didn't do much gravelording myself though, as i'm not that much into this kind of waiting game.
    Pilgrim34
    Pilgrim34
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Pilgrim34 Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:54 am

Could you post details of your build? Hopefully together we could work out something that will maximize your efficiency and lower your soul level since 100-120 would be the ideal range for gravelording.
    redwingsoverbaron
    redwingsoverbaron

Post by redwingsoverbaron Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:10 pm

okay im on my phone, so forgive any mistakes, i don't have access to the laptop so i don't remember all the specs, but i know what i definitely want to keep

thief
    str 16
    dex 15
    int 44

steel armor
    black iron gauntlets
    black iron grieves
    hollow thief's hood (looks sweet, and already has all the poise i need)

enchanted longsword +5
    balder shield +15
    logans catalyst
    velkas talisman

rofap and havels

i want the build to look dark and intimidating above all else, and ill need good defenses from what ive read about gravelording. i prefer 40 vit. but it can be adjusted as necessary. and i want the build to fast roll. the gauntlets and grieves can be changed, i just couldnt find anything that didnt look silly compared to the size of the steel armor. lastly, would the longsword be better of at chaos +5 or enchanted +5 with 44 int?

redwingsoverbaron
    redwingsoverbaron

Post by redwingsoverbaron Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:12 pm

(spells are kind of up in the air, looking at css, dark bead, pursuers, and gl sword dance, and whatever else)
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:32 pm

Not to discourage you, but Gravelording can be pretty frustrating.  The problem is that you have to be human and also in a world where your boss is alive.  This means that you're also open to invasions from random reds.  I found that the majority of the time I wasn't getting invasions through my sign, but just a garden variety Darkwraith.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:50 pm

Back Lot Basher wrote:Not to discourage you, but Gravelording can be pretty frustrating.  The problem is that you have to be human and also in a world where your boss is alive.  This means that you're also open to invasions from random reds.  I found that the majority of the time I wasn't getting invasions through my sign, but just a garden variety Darkwraith.
    The point of Gravelording is for constant PvP. It's one of the best, if not THEE best covenant for PvP. People get mad when their world is infected so they come for you. I've had 3 other phantoms in my world at once and 1v1'd them and beat all of them. And they never stop coming, which is awesome.
    Pilgrim34
    Pilgrim34
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Pilgrim34 Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:58 pm

Well, if you're going for 44 intelligence it's definitely better to go for an enchanted weapon instead of chaos, most people have lower magic defence than fire.

I've made a suggestion for you to try here:

https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=363311751443674341

It's a little different from your original setup but I think going for a sorcerer is better in this case. The spikes on the black knight armour+ the thief's hood look pretty badass in my opinion, and I've swapped havel's ring for the wolf ring to give you 61 poise which is more than enough for most encounters, just watch out if your opponent has an ultra greatsword. You've got some powerful offensive spells in there too.

Crest shield for increased magic defence and the enchanted longsword has decent damage. It also falls below level 120 so you should hopefully get quite a good range if you gravelord in the PvP heavy areas (Burg, Township etc).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:41 am