Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
bloodpixel
Tolvo
JY4answer
ViralEnsign_
9 posters

Dual Kats are they effective in Dark Souls

ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Dual Kats are they effective in Dark Souls Empty Dual Kats are they effective in Dark Souls

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:37 am

Well are they?
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Dual Kats are they effective in Dark Souls Empty Re: Dual Kats are they effective in Dark Souls

Post by JY4answer Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:41 am

Not really. The most effective way to duel weild weapons is to have very different ones, like a slow/fast, sweep/poke combination. Otherwise, a shield or catalyst is always handy.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Dual Kats are they effective in Dark Souls Empty Re: Dual Kats are they effective in Dark Souls

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:00 am

I was kind of hoping they were more viable. I'd heard about dual kats in Demon's Souls but never saw them in action. I assumed they were relatively op but maybe had been taken downa few notches for DkS.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:57 am

It's not the best set up, but since you can parry with a katana it has its uses in PvP. Again it isn't the best set up, but can be done. I like to dual wield Shotels and painting guardian swords sometime, and have won a decent amount of duels in the Kiln doing so. If you join fight club though I might not recommend using that set up though haha.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:40 am

Looks cool. So that is good enough reason.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:43 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7Lnbz9M4sM

this what you're thinking of? if so, not gonna happen... try dual battle axes, good for stun combos.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:22 pm

It was real effective in DeS because of the push lock. In DkS, you can't do that. Another idea if you want an offhand weapon is a spear. It is really deadly.
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gol Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:07 pm

It wasn't effective because of the pushlock, the pushlock was forbidden during duels, It's just that it was faster to alternate L1/R1 (and prevented from escape) than a full R1 combo.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:21 pm

I'm talking about regular PvP, not community duels with rules. But, yeah, the run R1, L1, R1 was deadly too.
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gol Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:30 pm

reim0027 wrote:I'm talking about regular PvP, not community duels with rules.

And the rules of that community were applied by almost everyone.
    I rarely saw someone using the pushlock and if they did they didn't pushlock + hit + pushlock + hit to death.

The community was so much better than in DkS.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:59 pm

As DeS grew older, the respect grew better. Pushlocking became less common, but you could toggle out of it, and make it less effective too. As DkS grows older, many trolls will move on to newer games.

But, back on topic - dual kats aren't as effective in DkS.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:01 pm

Just to prove you two wrong I decided to start invading in the forest with dual Katanas!

Alright back to Murakumo, 1v3 with dual Kats is absolutely awful, but for duels it isn't so bad. It's just the same as having any parry weapon. The only issue with it is why would you want two of the same weapons unless you are going for two different elemental types of damage?
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:08 pm

Yeah, I agree. Since the advantages of dual kats are gone in DkS, it's better to have different weapons in the off hand. IMO, spears are the best (and most annoying for your opponent).
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:44 pm

Tolvo wrote:Just to prove you two wrong I decided to start invading in the forest with dual Katanas!

Alright back to Murakumo, 1v3 with dual Kats is absolutely awful, but for duels it isn't so bad. It's just the same as having any parry weapon. The only issue with it is why would you want two of the same weapons unless you are going for two different elemental types of damage?

I don't know about that I was in the forest the other day with duals Kats and had a duel against two players. Granted it did just digress into me using one of my Katanas more than the other but hey.

Also Riem the dual Kats in DkS have similar moves I have tried the r1 l1 alternate attacks out but they aren't what they were in DeS. Sigh I'll keep working on it.
    Deadmeat95
    Deadmeat95
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Deadmeat95 Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:21 pm

I go with a pike in my oh and washing pole in my main, i generaly use the pike for about 90% of the dmg i deal in a fight since its got such long range and i can keep ppl away from me.
    foolycooly
    Casual
    Casual

Post by foolycooly Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:26 am

Nope, the only reason they were good in Demons is because of the extra boost in MP regeneration for Int builds, since thats gone in Dark Souls wielding two of the same weapons is pretty pointless.
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gol Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:47 am

foolycooly wrote:Nope, the only reason they were good in Demons is because of the extra boost in MP regeneration for Int builds, since thats gone in Dark Souls wielding two of the same weapons is pretty pointless.

If the katana was not a crescent it didn't regenerate MPs and dual kats int builds were using moon katanas mostly, not crescents because the MP regen was very slow.
    They were good because they were faster and they had a better R1 moveset.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:02 am