Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Seignar
Yarxov
AnCapaillMor
Micha369
8 posters

how could a good strength build look at approx. sl 35

Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

how could a good strength build look at approx. sl 35 Empty how could a good strength build look at approx. sl 35

Post by Micha369 Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:44 am

Hello folks,

I want to do a new strength toon that is good at pve. I want to go with that toon to higher new games like ng+ or ng++ and so on. Want to co-op with that as well.

How could such a toon look like?

I already startet a build with a Bandit and I already put Strenght to 20 (added 6) and endurance to 18 (added 4). And I put one to dex. So I'm already at sl 15.

What else I could do now?
    What is the strongest but reasonable weapon for such a toon?

Thanks for your suggestions!

Best wishes

AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

how could a good strength build look at approx. sl 35 Empty Re: how could a good strength build look at approx. sl 35

Post by AnCapaillMor Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:42 pm

A 2 handed Chaos Zwei or one of the big clubs.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

how could a good strength build look at approx. sl 35 Empty Re: how could a good strength build look at approx. sl 35

Post by Yarxov Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:59 pm

I disagree, it will be good early on but later on a normal weapon or Crystal will be much better for a dedicated strength build.

Crystal Demon Machete for example, with 50 strength will do 700 normal damage.
    I'm more of a Dex person but my first character became strength.
    For PvE you don't need much vitality, adjust according to your weight and play style
    Endurance is everything, stack up. It's how fast you move and how often you can hit.
    Strength you'll get a reduce per point after 40, but for dedicated 50 would be good. Not sure, try it in Mugen.
    Dex doesn't do much for strength unless you want to go quality.
    Faith/Int. Pick one and go for SLB/DMB for buffing things beyond recognition. Faith would be good for strength since then you get WOTG and TwoP which are nice for strength.

All can be modified to your desired SL, usually people stop at sl 120 though.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:10 pm

Not if he's restricting himself to Sl35, unless he pumps the remainder of his stats in strength and goes for 40 and leaves vit untouched and endurance low. Could always modify it back to +5 and go from there later on.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:06 pm

Oops mobile site cut off the end of the thread name.

In that case bring strength to 27 and 2 Hand. That way you get the scaling of 40.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:39 pm

A good low-level STR toon should have 27 STR and use:

1. Reinforced Club
    2. Great Club/Large Club
    3. Man Serpent Greatsword

All 3 weapons hit hard and are light. As for END/VIT, it depends on the player, but I would advise you might want to have END higher than VIT so you can land more hits and roll faster with heavier equipment. You can offset low HP with Mask of the Mother and the RoFaP.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:02 pm

I like hitting as hard as possible. Here's what I've come up with
    http://m.mugenmonkey.com/?c=452975946859983568

640 damage (670 crystal) with fast roll. No poise though. Heal spell, 20 vitality. The ring load is my default but change however. The MSGS is good too but is only 400 or so damage.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:10 pm

http://mmdks.com/4gjk

This will flatten everything at that SL. Of course, if you can keep your humanity at 10, then Chaos Zwei is a good choice too.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:26 am

But it has no Sack. And split damage. But mostly the power lies with the sack.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:33 pm

Elemental zwei is less a strength build than a "low level vit/end gouge" lol.

If you just want a PvE stomp:

http://mmdks.com/4gok

Or maybe go-a-Viking:

http://mmdks.com/4gon

Eagle shield +15 and lightning pike +5 (equally reasonable as elemental as zwei) + appropriate resistance gear can trivialize most areas too. For example wear anti-lightning stoneplate + silver knight vs O&S, or full havel's + spell stoneplate vs moonlight butterfly etc.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:48 pm

Vikings didn't have horns on their helms. The more accurate Viking build would be
    http://m.mugenmonkey.com/?c=401720906293876089

Alternatively with a Bastard Sword and you could switch out the hollow jacket for chain mail too. Chain mail was expensive so they wouldn't be dressed in it fully. The hand axes are my thing, for historical accuracy I'm not sure about what kinds of axes they had beyond long axes.

Most importantly though: NO HORNS.
    Horns-> Teutonic Knights.
    NOT 'VIKINGS'
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:30 pm

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=352238538676662128

decent hp, good attack power, a fast secondary wep.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:53 pm

Vikings weren't undead monstrosities that can fall 6x their own height and walk away or survive massive walls of fire either winking.

I want to use the old berserker cliché!
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:15 pm

I don't know what you're talking about that sounds perfectly accurate to me.

reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:27 pm

TheMeInTeam wrote:Elemental zwei is less a strength build than a "low level vit/end gouge" lol.
    Of course it is. Zwei is a str weapon (well, a quality weapon, but the general principle is the same). At SL 35, you don't have too much to play with, once you put your stats into Str. So, this build takes a large amount of strength and is very very powerful.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:34 pm

Elemental*
    Of course the Zwei is, but when its elemental it doesnt scale with str. So it still is but at the same time isnt.
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:08 am

Many thanks for your commentaries!

Yarxov wrote:But it has no Sack. And split damage. But mostly the power lies with the sack.
    What do you mean with "Sack". Do you mean the head wear dropped by the butcher from the Depth? What is so special about this sack?

I have two further questions:

1. Chaos Weapons
    I usually look in the wiki to check what is the best elemental modification of a given weapon and mostly lightning is best.
    What can I add to the dmg of a chaos weapon in case I have 10 soft humanities in the slot?

2. cannot kill Manus
    Atm my str. toon (Bandit sl4) has a sl of 35 (my limit).
    str(14) 27, dex(9) 10, Vit(12) is 18 and End(14) is 25, all others are untouched:
    Attunement(8), Resi(11), Faith(10), Int(8)

I have a

-Lightning Zwei+5
    -Lightning Clay+5
    -Man Serpant GS+15
    -Demon Great Machete (only 2h possible)
    -Lightning Reinforced Club+5

I have tried the first two weapons of that list against Manus but I have trouble beating him. My general problem atm is the correct dodging of his melee attacks in the first half of the fight.
    What would you recomment to use against him for further trials?
    What about a shield? Better the Grass Grest Shield on the back (stamina regen) or the Crest Shield for magical protection, although I think it is essential to dodge his magical attacks correctly anyway.

thx for your help
    xenon_nobelium
    xenon_nobelium
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by xenon_nobelium Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:36 am

2h man serpent sword! grass crest on yr back! roll everything, and if you need to you can still resort to just hit his hand wehen he whiffed an attack.
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:40 am

xenon_nobelium wrote:and if you need to you can still resort to just hit his hand wehen he whiffed an attack.
    Yes, this is what I did a few months ago, when I already soloed him. I can remember that I always and only hit his hand. It was pretty easy.

But now he has lots of attacks and the hand doesn't come too often.

Last edited by Micha369 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:56 am

It was a joke micha, yes the sack the butchers drop. It's wholly unimportant other than being a potato sack helmet. It has decent stats atleast for its weight.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:53 am

str(14) 27, dex(9) 10, Vit(12) is 18 and End(14) is 25, all others are untouched:
    Attunement(8), Resi(11), Faith(10), Int(8)

I have a

-Lightning Zwei+5
    -Lightning Clay+5
    -Man Serpant GS+15
    -Demon Great Machete (only 2h possible)
    -Lightning Reinforced Club+5
    If you have 27 str, you probably want a reinforced club +15 rather than lightning +5, since you'll have 40 scaled str while 2 handing.  Zwei and Claymore are ok as elemental...but note that expansion bosses largely resist elemental weapons.

Maybe the easiest way to fight him with your stats would be having eagle shield +15 and the pendant.  If you can dodge the dark bead attack, you should be able to keep sustained damage very low.  Probably one of the easiest/cheapest options vs bosses that don't need a DPS race like 4kings is a crossbow (light, or heavy if you can manage the weight).  You don't need to be close to deal damage and can just punish any whiff they make with a quick shot.  That's pretty much how Emarrel beat kalameet on NG+7 at SL1, so I don't see why it wouldn't work against basically anything else not named "4 kings".
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:26 pm

Thank you all for your help! I'll try the Man Serpent Greatsword+15 then.

Zwei and Claymore are ok as elemental...but note that expansion bosses largely resist elemental weapons. wrote:
    Where to find the information about bosses resistance?
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:51 am

Usually it's things you can assume. Trial and error.
    Most that use Lightning are resistant to it.
    Same for Fire and Magic.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 4:37 am