Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Acarnatia
DarkGerald
6 posters

Soulglitch V2?

DarkGerald
    DarkGerald
    Casual
    Casual

Soulglitch V2? Empty Soulglitch V2?

Post by DarkGerald Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:53 pm

Hi all,

I think I discovered a way to probably make an infinite amount of souls. It's not a glitch per se, just using the game mechanics so I hope it's okay to post it - if not, please delete the post (not me big grin).

The following happend to me today: I was invaded by a guy whom I killed, got 166k souls. He probably got his green blop and invaded me again, got another 166k by killing him, he did this a 3rd time and guess what, 166k more in the pocket (yeah he was resiliant).

So this was a random guy whom I didn't know. But what if I'd repeat this with a friend in an area where usually no PvP is going on so we keep on invading each other? First I kill him several times, then he me, then I him again, rinse & repeat. We would both end up as billionaires pretty quickly or do I miss something?

have fun winking

(oh and I don't have any friends who play DS so this is just a rhetorical question for me;))

Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Soulglitch V2? Empty Re: Soulglitch V2?

Post by Acarnatia Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:59 pm

No, this isn't a glitch or even really an exploit. Pvp is basically the fastest way to get souls, especially at higher levels.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:13 pm

It's an exploit, if you just constantly do it with a friend, and don't really have fight, just a slaughter fest, but this game has been out so long.. it doesn't really matter much if you just do something like that. (And... because MegaMule exists)
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:44 pm

It's not really a glitch or exploit. At higher levels an invader yields more souls. I suppose you could use it to level up, but going beyond 120/125 is sorta pointless anyways so it's your call.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:01 pm

Well, an exploit is taking advantage of an in-game system. If you just use it for farming souls with a friend, and not actually to fight, I would say it's an exploit.. although not one that really matters at all.
    DarkGerald
    DarkGerald
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DarkGerald Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:42 pm

Serious_Much wrote:but going beyond 120/125 is sorta pointless anyways so it's your call.
    I second that, I'm currently at SL180 (no exploits, just playing the game in PvE and PvP) on NG+4 and I'm getting constantly invaded if I want to and as a Darkwraith I can invade the whole evening too, Township and Darkroot are full of PvP folks near that level. Plus there is the 200+ class which I'm aiming for and I'm guessing that after such a long time the game is out, many folks will be beyond 200+.

Back to topic: Thanks for your replies winking So it is possible, I wonder why From didn't see that when they designed the whole reward thing. I personally don't understand why I as a Darkwraith can regain everything I've lost in case of a failed invasion, I even remain human. I mean it's cool, I have no worries when invading, but it leaves the game wide open to exploitation.

However, as I said, I was just curious if that's possible at all. If someone wants to level like that, be my guest - it certainly doesn't make you a better player, which for me is the sole goal for playing DS.
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:13 pm

I mean, that " exploit " has been there for virtually every online mode of a game that uses leveling.  I'm pretty sure they know it would happen.  I think it's just pretty boring to get a friend and sit there for like hours on end killing them and resummoning/invading them though.

And the forest is much better for soul farming.  I believe I get around 800k and up from most people when I hang around there.
    DarkGerald
    DarkGerald
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DarkGerald Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:58 am

Well no, this "feature" is unique in speed and how it works, I don't know any other game where you die and don't lose. If my opponent gets "my" souls, I should lose them instead of being reborn and having a green blup just where I was standing.

About the boring part, do the math ;)There's that ancient little story about a king and a beggar. He asks the beggar if he wants a million gold coin or all the coins from a chess board, where he doubles the sum after placing the coins on a tile (there are 64). And you don't start with 1 souls but probably with 100k, then you have 200k, 400k, 800k, 1600k, 3200k, 6400k, 12.8m, 25.6m, 51.2m, 102.4m and so on... I doubt that you will make a 100 million souls within 20 fights in the forest - not only you, your friend also (each has to die 10 times).

Fortunately there isn't a trading post or something so this "feature" doesn't hurt anyone but yourself and maybe the people who have to fight and unexperienced highlevel char. Like the guy who invaded me 3 times in a row and died 3 times at my first sight with one blow big grin
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:37 am

This is well known enough where the Dark Souls II beta EULA actually has a clause saying you shouldn't do this or risk violating "the terms."

*Cue dramatic music*
    Dun Dun Duuuuuun!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:42 am