Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+29
Kerberos-013
Rudmed
billy_bayonet
wolfboy
hageshisa
Noir_CZ
Nccbd
DoughGuy
bmurn
cloudyeki
Serious_Much
peaceful_sabre
kiwi_commander
aceluby
Gol
Doelker
Rynoa
DxV04
WyrmHero
Maneater_Mildred
JohnnyHarpoon
eninala
DJ_XHERO
Brokewilly
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
PhlyingDutchman
Tolvo
ViralEnsign_
Forum Pirate
33 posters

Dark Moon Blades.

Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Dark Moon Blades. - Page 2 Empty Re: Dark Moon Blades.

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:56 pm

Their bad, not ours.

I intend to fix our rep but we don't lie down and take it either.

Healers/farmers can smash us all they want, i'll happily give them 'reasons' to hate us. Those are the types of people who would hate anyone who beats them, however its done.

& riposts are fair game, if they're that predictable, they have it coming.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:02 pm

Okay I'm working on a new Darkmoon Char today will have my Dual Kats and DM armour this evening ready for some rep changing.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:10 pm

Good to hear. Spread the word too, if you get a chance. Pming honorable fighters with this threads address could boost the sites numbers & the dm numbers here.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:20 pm

my dads got a vl 170 or so dm, but he's generally a little too busy for events and stuff, besides he's having fun with his lvl 29 ng+ toon right now. and he started a new file whose goal is to stay under lvl 20 into ng+
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:25 pm

Atm we don't have any events, it may or may not change but atm our only 'event' is helping out the hunters on the 24th. and everyone everywhere should help with that.
    eninala

Post by eninala Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:06 pm

ViralEnsign_ wrote:The issue I take with that is that even if we fight fair some lame host will use an estus/keep healing/ summoning more phantoms. If we then go in BS them, use WoG, riposte, anything like that we will be labeled cheap because we are the fall down covenant of the game.

Yep, just today I invaded a guy spawn camping with 2 phantoms. I managed to give them the slip and led them to the MP, where I cast DMB. One of his (overzealous) phantoms died to one of the MPs, then I R2->R2'd the host to death with my Ricard's.

He then sent me a PM calling me a coward, and informed me that using weapon enchantments was cheap. lol!
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:11 pm

Anyone care to explain to me the appeal of Darkmooning? Is it the roleplaying or what?

I just don't understand. If you wanna PvP, Darkwraith is way better because your opponent doesn't have to be guilty (thus you pretty much are never without somebody to invade). Also, if you win your invasion, you get a Humanity which ups your defense.

I suppose you can invade while Hollow as a Darkmoon, but I don't see the fun in that...I'll admit I like the gambling aspect of being in Human form and maybe others don't, but I find Hosting is pretty consistently easier than invading, so the odds are in your favor, anyway, and you get rewarded all the same.

I suppose the Darkmoon Blade buff could be alluring, but I can't justify using it because I believe it to be overpowered. I guess this is purely my personal opinion...but I do not believe the buff, even if you were interested in it, to be worth sacrificing the advantages of the Darkwraith covenant.

So yeah, I dunno. What is the allure, if I may so inquire?
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:12 pm

eninala wrote:
    ViralEnsign_ wrote:The issue I take with that is that even if we fight fair some lame host will use an estus/keep healing/ summoning more phantoms. If we then go in BS them, use WoG, riposte, anything like that we will be labeled cheap because we are the fall down covenant of the game.

Yep, just today I invaded a guy spawn camping with 2 phantoms. I managed to give them the slip and led them to the MP, where I cast DMB. One of his (overzealous) phantoms died to one of the MPs, then I R2->R2'd the host to death with my Ricard's.

He then sent me a PM calling me a coward, and informed me that using weapon enchantments was cheap. lol!

Now that is rich - a host with 2 phantoms calling you cheap. I tell you the mentality of some of these campers is simply unbelievable!! If you are going to be a camper then you should be able take a butt whopping in complete silence. Excellent job on serving the host and his minions the business end of your blade.
    eninala

Post by eninala Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:38 pm

To balance that experience though, I invaded someone else who had a phantom with him. As I neared him he black crystalled his phantom and bowed to me. We started duelling, but he got invaded by another blue who charged in, so I backed off. He killed the other blue and I let him flask. We finished our duel (I won, barely) - when I bowed afterward I actually meant it.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:37 am

@ johnny.

1st whats the appeal of DMs? Well pvp, not much difference between dm & dw they both get plenty of action.(most ppl looking for pvp will keep their sin for more pvp)

2nd most ppl that are looking for pvp will do it in a body even as a DM(i know i do)

3rd DMB buff OP??? :roll: sorry dont agree...

So what were the advantages of DWing again... Oh humanity... See 2nd up there^ when you get invaded you get plenty of humanity.

So to sum up... Some ppl like apples, some ppl like pears. Would be boring if all we apples.

At OP...... Great thread, praise the moon.

JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:48 am

Honest, I knew you'd be the one to answer this, Mildred. winking

Fair enough. But you really don't agree that Darkmoon Blade (at +2 or 3 in the covenant, specifically) is overpowered? At least at SL 120, I'd rather run into a cheap jerk with any lightning weapon than somebody who uses Darkmoon Blade. And don't get me wrong, I'm a big buffer - pretty much all my favorite toons utilize Sunlight Blade - and also don't get me wrong, I'm more than happy to dodge an enemy's attacks (no matter the weapon/buff) and try to make it an honorable and enjoyable fight...but I just have had far too many anti-climactic battles (on both the giving and receiving ends) thanks to Darkmoon Blade.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:17 am

DMB buff lasts 60 seconds and you only get 1, even on ng+++, only 1. It may be abit stronger than SLB, but not by much & it takes alot of work to make it stronger. Must ppl run when you use it and you are left wiith a simple +15 weapon(and sucky stats to use said weapon) and last but not least, GMB kills it, unlike SLB.

Taking all the above into account... No i dont think its op.

Having said all that^^ i use DMB when its 2 or 3 vs me, slb for 1vsMe.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:38 am

I consider myself a Darkmoon, I love that covenant, it's my favorite covenant. As I said in another topic, I think we should punish some griefers in the burg- en masse.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:52 am

Good to hear wrym,

but, we can't do everything at once so i'd suggest starting with behavior. Specifically, getting a set of guidelines drafted. Obviously they couldn't be absolute or enforced but following them should minimise bad encounters with reasonable people. Some ideas are on page 1 and any input would be appreciated (after all, your opinions matters just as much as mine so i'd like to know what it yours is before i get to far ahead of myself.)

I would ask that you explain any suggestions though. (tell us why you believe it to be a good idea)
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:57 am

JohnnyHarpoon wrote:Honest, I knew you'd be the one to answer this, Mildred. winking

Fair enough. But you really don't agree that Darkmoon Blade (at +2 or 3 in the covenant, specifically) is overpowered? At least at SL 120, I'd rather run into a cheap jerk with any lightning weapon than somebody who uses Darkmoon Blade. And don't get me wrong, I'm a big buffer - pretty much all my favorite toons utilize Sunlight Blade - and also don't get me wrong, I'm more than happy to dodge an enemy's attacks (no matter the weapon/buff) and try to make it an honorable and enjoyable fight...but I just have had far too many anti-climactic battles (on both the giving and receiving ends) thanks to Darkmoon Blade.

I really don't like to be the guy who pointed this out but isn't using sunlight blade turning your weapon into a super powerful lightning weapon? Additionally as Joocy showed me the the recent FC tourney DMB isn't a game winner nor is it OP. He used Sunlight Blade and matched me AR for AR and when I did get one win against him showed me my folly on relying on a buff that adds magic damage by using GMB to nullify my advantage.

I don't complain about much except for the Giants/MAsk thing but at the end of the game it really doesn't matter what weapon you have. Most people are good with their chosen weapons and can 3-5 shot you, OHKO you, or riposte you to death.

DMB hasn't upped my win ratio by much but it does mean I can compete with the stronger vit builds.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:21 am

Forum Pirate wrote:Good to hear wrym,

but, we can't do everything at once so i'd suggest starting with behavior. Specifically, getting a set of guidelines drafted. Obviously they couldn't be absolute or enforced but following them should minimise bad encounters with reasonable people. Some ideas are on page 1 and any input would be appreciated (after all, your opinions matters just as much as mine so i'd like to know what it yours is before i get to far ahead of myself.)

I would ask that you explain any suggestions though. (tell us why you believe it to be a good idea)

I agree completely on the rules, the Darkmoons are like some kind of police or army, so it matches pretty well. About the invasions, we already know griefers love to invade newbies in the Burg, Parish, Depths and this invasions ruin their PvP experience. They are afraid to be human, and they cannot have good and fun fights with fellow (noob) invaders. We know that through the glitch, sin carries over, so we are only invading griefers.

If we stumble across someone wearing a starter armor, or they dont have a chaos/lightning claymore, we can drop them some humanity or another gift and crystal out. We should be at high levels, so we can really punish the hell out of these griefers and (yes) troll them, so that they actually consider/think twice about invading the newbies. I think we should organize, some days in the week, be at SL 120 cap, so that we troll the griefers more efficiently and help our fellows Darkwraiths, Forest Hunters and Gravelords at the forest. What do you think?

Edit: Completely forgot that griefers tend to defeat the area boss first, so they can't be invaded, and this makes it improbable to invade a griefer.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:50 am

In order to invade someone in a specific area you must be in that area correct? Unlike forest hunters who can be anywhere in Lordran?
    DJ_XHERO
    Regular
    Regular

Post by DJ_XHERO Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:15 am

if host use estus show the why we got DMB buf
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:16 am

Maneater_Mildred wrote:DMB buff lasts 60 seconds and you only get 1, even on ng+++, only 1. It may be abit stronger than SLB, but not by much & it takes alot of work to make it stronger. Must ppl run when you use it and you are left wiith a simple +15 weapon(and sucky stats to use said weapon) and last but not least, GMB kills it, unlike SLB.

Taking all the above into account... No i dont think its op.

Having said all that^^ i use DMB when its 2 or 3 vs me, slb for 1vsMe.

I see your argument, though my response would simply be that I don't run from PvP twisted

Also, I'd have to throw in that somebody who has built any SL120 PvP character
    has put in just as much work as somebody with a DMB-utilizing SL120 character.

Still, I know I've used GMB on a toon with 50 Faith and taken some pretty decent damage from a Darkmoon Blade buff in the past...by that same token, perhaps my opponents were simply good with their weapons, anyway. I have no way of knowing their stats, but my empirical evidence is all I really have to go on.

Again, I don't have a huge problem with it, and in an honorable duel I'm not going to complain...but I might roll my eyes just the slightest bit :roll:
    In the end, though...why do you use DMB when outnumbered and Sunlight Blade whilst dueling? You don't turn to DMB in those situations because it's the less/equally powerful option.

ViralEnsign_ wrote:

I really
    don't like to be the guy who pointed this out but isn't using sunlight
    blade turning your weapon into a super powerful lightning weapon?
    Additionally as Joocy showed me the the recent FC tourney DMB isn't a
    game winner nor is it OP. He used Sunlight Blade and matched me AR for
    AR and when I did get one win against him showed me my folly on relying
    on a buff that adds magic damage by using GMB to nullify my advantage.

I
    don't complain about much except for the Giants/MAsk thing but at the
    end of the game it really doesn't matter what weapon you have. Most
    people are good with their chosen weapons and can 3-5 shot you, OHKO
    you, or riposte you to death.

DMB hasn't upped my win ratio by much but it does mean I can compete with the stronger vit builds.

As I said before, I'd rather face a lightning weapon than a Darkmoon Blade buff, so even if Sunlight Blade "makes your weapon a lightning weapon", that doesn't matter much to me. Still, no matter what kind of damage your weapon is dealing (normal, magic, lightning), the actual power of the buff scales with your Faith stat in the end, and I'd bet that going stat for stat DMB v SB, you'd find some interesting results at +2 or +3 DM covenant.

Also, the fact that DMB isn't a "game-winner" doesn't mean that it's not overpowered - the Ring of Fog pre-patch (something that was patched), the Darkwood Grain Ring, the Black Knight Greataxe (which I argued is more OP than DMB) are all OP in my book, but they're certainly not game-winners. In fact, I think it's safe to rule out any one thing in Dark Souls as a "game-winner", because even spamming WoTG, chain backstabs, and most cheap tactics can be relatively easily avoided with some practice.

Finally, you say that DMB hasn't upped your win count "by much," but again, you're not using it because your count stays the same.

I agree with your statement about how which weapon you use doesn't really matter, though. Moveset > statistical damage
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:24 am

Sorry if this is a bit out of topic, but:
    I joined the Darkmoon in NG and had a very hard time finding someone to invade with the orb. I mean I invaded succesfully maybe 1 time out of 50. I tried out different areas but the results were the same, could it be my soul level? (I was a DM from 70 to 100~)
    Now I'm in my NG+ lvl 130, do you reckon it would be better?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:22 am

If you want Forum I can set up a Darkmoon character, and like I've done in the Forest Tricks Thread start coming up with situational tactics and tips for dealing with farmers in Dark Anor Londo to help out with Darkmoons who are not as experienced in 1v3 fights.
    DJ_XHERO
    Regular
    Regular

Post by DJ_XHERO Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:31 am

I dont care about hate mails of the farmers or healers they find us so more ears for my bag

is easy to outdamage a estus flask spam with DMB i actually got SLB and DMB i always go for DMB but if my oponent use GMB i rebuff my weapon with SLB

about rep changing i think we should try to avoid wear mask-giant cause is so cheap (im my opinion)
    i try to avoid WotG spam but i use WotG for harass

like general honorable duels dont interfere in another ppl only if they are farmers help the invader against the farmer
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:04 am

@johnny, the archives has the math on the 2 buffs

@Tolvo that would be great if thats what you want

@ wyrm, i don't think mass low lvl invasions are the way to go, they're one of the reasons we're already hated, when we do have an event, i would like it to show people we are honorable duelists instead of just drawing attention.

@DJ I'm going to disagree on the giant thing but ask why you believe it to be cheap when its available to everyone else in the game as well.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:43 am

Another suggestion might be to reach out to other Darkmoons and try and get a thing going with the Gravelords like us Forest Hunters have. This partially comes from me being ganked by so many Darkmoon blades as a GL haha. But still, couldn't hurt to look for alliances.
    DJ_XHERO
    Regular
    Regular

Post by DJ_XHERO Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:53 am

@forum pirate— I think giant mask is so cheap loots of defense for only souls (dont need to find ,dont need to calculate resistances, and the more important thing it make u look like a moron

All ppl can wear giant set (why not¿) all ppl wear it i think just me but i dont like wear like other ppl xD

@tolvo - the problem of dark anorlondo is just never sumon u it takes a lot of time to invade dark anor londo is more easy to invade with the orb in anor londo than wait to get sumoned by the ring

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 07, 2024 8:30 pm