Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Serious_Much
laezyre
LittleLuden
7 posters

Need help on Centipede

LittleLuden
    LittleLuden
    Casual
    Casual

Need help on Centipede Empty Need help on Centipede

Post by LittleLuden Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:20 am

man, this thing drives me crazy. i think i had like 12 tries yesterday on my own, a few with good old solaire (who really sucks on that creature) and two with summons who also sucked (just ran around in the lava pond till dead. they didn´t even try to score a hit. it´s still unclear to me, why they offered their help by the way.).

has anybody got a real cool idea how to bring the beast down? i read the wiki and watched youtube but i just can´t make it happen. any hints on weapons, armor, spells, special weaknesses (cheats and glitches also welcome... lol ) and the like?
    laezyre
    Regular
    Regular

Need help on Centipede Empty Re: Need help on Centipede

Post by laezyre Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:35 am

As a pyromancer, I summoned solaire and tried to get him aggro. Then I spammed magic like homing soul mass and soul spear.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:39 am

If you summon solaire ( or not ) what you want to do is get him to the first bit of land in the boss room that you are on. Dodge his arm attaks and he will come.

Then if you can, chopoff his big arm or tail to get ring, though just killing him is simple once it's close and personal
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:41 am

I actually stumbled on the common strategy which worked great for melee. Run to the right immediately upon entering until you come to an arena like setting. Move all the way back toward the wall and get ready for the long arm of the claw once he nears the non molten rock. You might have to dodge a few times to get him fully on land but once you do race to get under him and chip away at his legs. I call this the Chihuahua maneuver.......nip at his ankles.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:40 am

Skarekrows method is really good, did it myself when I was having some issues, having a bow on hand to shoot at his arm as he is coming helps alot also. You can also use Solaire as bait and pepper it with arrows and magic, more helpful if you don't have the ring as you can just shoot off the arm then homeward bone out to try again with it on.
    DJ_XHERO
    Regular
    Regular

Post by DJ_XHERO Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:40 am

I just beat all bosses just using power within + SLB or DMB and quick work on him
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:56 am

I forgot to mention you WILL take some fire damage running all that way. There is a small lava gap you can jump immediately to the right then a larger one which I was never able to completely clear. If you have low fire resist it can be enough to scare you but you have plenty of time to heal. A bow is also a great idea. If you don't want to free up a ring slot for Hawk Ring the damage might not be great until he closes but a Black Bow of Pharis if you have it and feather arrows will let you leave the ring slot open for another choice and up the damage in the distance.
    LittleLuden
    LittleLuden
    Casual
    Casual

Post by LittleLuden Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:01 pm

i am always amazed of how good this forum works and how helpful it´s members are. thanks alot for your hints, i´ll give it a shot later on. keep you informed...
    Danthuyer
    Danthuyer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Danthuyer Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:27 pm

I found it best to not use solair on this fight as doing it solo works fine (melee) if you get to the fighting area quickly (marked in red) and heal any fire damage you have taken and wait for the centipede to come to you. Take him on the edge of the land area so that his legs are out of the lava and then get underneath him and hack at his legs. if he jumps around simply block the damage then re position yourself under him and continue to hack

Need help on Centipede Cente

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 28, 2024 9:04 pm