Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Reaperfan
Enigma5991
lextune
Shungi
Midgar
9 posters

Give me Str/Fth Build Ideas

Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Give me Str/Fth Build Ideas Empty Give me Str/Fth Build Ideas

Post by Midgar Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:03 pm

I've never played one and I hate big slow weapons but i figured I'd give it a shot.
    Shungi
    Shungi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Give me Str/Fth Build Ideas Empty Re: Give me Str/Fth Build Ideas

Post by Shungi Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:45 pm

A quite basic one is:

Cleric SL 114
    Vit: 40
    Att: 12
    End: 40
    Str: 27 (31 to 2H Demon Great Axe)
    Dex: 8 (base)
    Res: (base)
    Int: (base)
    Fai: 50

The 27 Str is for 2H the most common weapons without hitting diminishing returns (40+ str), tho with this you can still 1H MSGS, Zweihander and Large club.

This will leave you 6-11 points to distribute where you feel needed, depending if you are going for 120 or 125.
    Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Midgar Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:05 pm

All my characters are Darkmoons so I plan on going higher then that, between 150-160, what's the acronym MSGS stand for? I might consider the Dragon Tooth, always thought it looked awesome lol.
    Shungi
    Shungi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Shungi Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:13 pm

Ah ok that high, well then you wont have much trouble finishing this build.
    Could raise Str to 40 for max damage while 1H, also more Vitality and Attunment, for Slb, WoG's, Replenishment or GMB.

MSGS - Man Serpent Greatsword.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:17 pm

Midgar wrote:All my characters are Darkmoons so I plan on going higher then that, between 150-160

Of course....

....lol.
    Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Midgar Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:19 pm

Shungi wrote:Ah ok that high, well then you wont have much trouble finishing this build.
    Could raise Str to 40 for max damage while 1H, also more Vitality and Attunment, for Slb, WoG's, Replenishment or GMB.

MSGS - Man Serpent Greatsword.

Oh okay cool, pretty sure I tried that sword or maybe it was the Demon Great Machete, gave me a headache swinging that thing around, but I'll give it a shot. Hmm...dual smough hammers, tempting...
    Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Midgar Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:19 pm

lextune wrote:
    Midgar wrote:All my characters are Darkmoons so I plan on going higher then that, between 150-160

Of course....

....lol.

Your flames aren't required here.
    Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Midgar Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:22 pm

Oh and thanks for the basic outline of the build, I honestly know next to nothing about Strength related weapons, +3 rep.
    Enigma5991
    Enigma5991
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Enigma5991 Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:28 pm

Darkmoons can do what.....

And dual hammers sounds awsome.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:30 pm

If you wanna be interesting, you could use the Grant. It's entire purpose seems to be for Str/Fth builds, especially if you plan on going to the 150-160 range, allowing you to invest into enough Str to one-hand it (the one-handed rolling attack is absolutely worth it winking). Another option (if you plan on investing that much into Str at least), would be the Dragon's Tooth as you said earlier, since I'm fairly certain you can buff it allowing you to take advantage of your DMB miracle. As to the Smough's Hammer idea, I would avoid it if you're going for Str/Fth, since it won't benefit from any of your Faith bonuses and can't be buffed with DMB/SLB. In a similar fashion to the Grant, it's weapon requirements and healing effect pretty much point at the build it was designed to be used in as a tanking pure Str build.

EDIT (ninja'd apparently :pirat:): I suppose you could also do the generic thing and pick up a Great Club/Demon Greataxe/Man-Serpent Greatsword/*insert buffable strength-based weapon here*/etc and buff it with DMB or SLB, but where's the fun in that?

Last edited by Reaperfan on Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:36 pm

Weapons suggestions

Demon's great machette, Demon's great axe (this one is very very heavy so learn to roll more with light armor if you're going to use it), Large club, great club, Man serpent greatsword - With Darkmoon blade Buff = pretty high damage

With 30 STR and 50 Faith I also recomend Grant, which will have a very powerfull attack and also a "Wrath of gods" Special two handed R2 attack, but at the cost of durability

You said you're new with Heavy weapons, my tip is to learn a good timing for your attacks, since they're slow, don't spam, but aways attack once or two times before rolling to gain distance and stamina, if you see they wear light armor, go for stunlocks, but watch out for parries

Its actually not so slow, but you have to get used to it
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:39 pm

Carphil wrote:Weapons suggestions

Demon's great machette, Demon's great axe (this one is very very heavy so learn to roll more with light armor if you're going to use it), Large club, great club, Man serpent greatsword - With Darkmoon blade Buff = pretty high damage

What'd I say, eh? winking

Carphil wrote:With 34 STR and 50 Faith I also recomend Grant, which will have a very powerfull attack and also a "Wrath of gods" Special two handed R2 attack, but at the cost of durability

Fixed that for you happy
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:40 pm

EDIT: I suppose you could also do the generic thing and pick up a Great Club/Demon Greataxe/Man-Serpent Greatsword/*insert buffable strength-based weapon here*/etc and buff it with DMB or SLB, but where's the fun in that?[/quote]

im gonna have to disagree with you on that, i dont see the gc that much in pvp and the ones ive seen sucked though, msgs is used cause it really good even if it took everyone about six months to find out how good it was. maybe you meant to ray the generic dex/fai that everyone uses.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:40 pm

Thank you Ninja Sensei
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:45 pm

RantFromRant wrote:
    ReaperFan wrote:EDIT: I suppose you could also do the generic thing and pick up a Great Club/Demon Greataxe/Man-Serpent Greatsword/*insert buffable strength-based weapon here*/etc and buff it with DMB or SLB, but where's the fun in that?

im gonna have to disagree with you on that, i dont see the gc that much in pvp and the ones ive seen sucked though, msgs is used cause it really good even if it took everyone about six months to find out how good it was. maybe you meant to ray the generic dex/fai that everyone uses.

I only used the Great Club as an example of a buffable, non-unique weapon that is used primarily by Strength builds. I agree it's not a very common weapon, but it was more to convey the point rather than provide an exact example happy

Carphil wrote:Thank you Ninja Sensei

Sorry for ninja editing lol :oops:
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gol Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:24 pm

RantFromRant wrote:EDIT: I suppose you could also do the generic thing and pick up a Great Club/Demon Greataxe/Man-Serpent Greatsword/*insert buffable strength-based weapon here*/etc and buff it with DMB or SLB, but where's the fun in that?

im gonna have to disagree with you on that, i dont see the gc that much in pvp and the ones ive seen sucked though, msgs is used cause it really good even if it took everyone about six months to find out how good it was. maybe you meant to ray the generic dex/fai that everyone uses.[/quote]

Haha yeah, I never understand why so few players were using the msgs, it was my main wep on my first toon.
    I should do a build using it again.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:45 pm

how about a bastard sword? or maybe a +15 club, its really powerful (a scaling) and much faster than the great hammers and great axes or a pickaxe for the thrust damage and the a rank scaling at the end!
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:10 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:how about a bastard sword? or maybe a +15 club, its really powerful (a scaling) and much faster than the great hammers and great axes or a pickaxe for the thrust damage and the a rank scaling at the end!

i'd go with the mace same scaling but better damage and it looks awesome, it's all i ever use for pve, and with slb or dmb it owns bosses.
    Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Midgar Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:13 am

Midgar wrote:
    lextune wrote:

Of course....

....lol.

Your flames aren't required here.

Let me guess you complain about higher levels killing you, a 40 level difference is hardly something to fret about, but thank you for the negative rep you gave out for petty reasons, it adds to my infamy.
    Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Midgar Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:15 am

RantFromRant wrote:
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:how about a bastard sword? or maybe a +15 club, its really powerful (a scaling) and much faster than the great hammers and great axes or a pickaxe for the thrust damage and the a rank scaling at the end!

i'd go with the mace same scaling but better damage and it looks awesome, it's all i ever use for pve, and with slb or dmb it owns bosses.

Eh, I tried the mace once, I had to do a facepalm, hated the moveset. This build is geared towards PvP and I never have issues with PvE.

Whoever mentioned the Grant, I was considering that definitely since it scaling seems to rock. Didn't know you could hit someone while rolling though.

I really hated the MSGS though when I tried it, might give it another shot. Thanks for the info whoever noted the Dragon Tooth was buffable, I didn't think any of the Dragon weapons were. I'm kinda lazy to find out who mentioned what btw silly
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:26 am

Midgar wrote:Whoever mentioned the Grant, I was considering that definitely since it scaling seems to rock. Didn't know you could hit someone while rolling though.

Thanks for the info whoever noted the Dragon Tooth was buffable, I didn't think any of the Dragon weapons were. I'm kinda lazy to find out who mentioned what btw silly

What I meant by the rolling attack wasn't so much like the Armor of Thorns but more in the "coming out of a roll" attack. You do a different attack by hitting R1 near the end of the roll, and the one-handed rolling attack of the great hammers, such as the Grant, is a huge and incredibly fast arcing sweep that hits almost a full circle around you. If you have the stats to one-hand something like a Great Club or Demon's Great Hammer, go try it, and you'll see why it's worth it winking

And your welcome for the Dragon's Tooth, but take that advice with a grain of salt since I haven't used the Dragon's Tooth myself, only heard others talking about it being buffable with nobody else saying it wasn't buffable. Like the previous point, test it out yourself before you dedicate a whole build to it happy
    Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Midgar Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:30 am

Reaperfan wrote:
    Midgar wrote:Whoever mentioned the Grant, I was considering that definitely since it scaling seems to rock. Didn't know you could hit someone while rolling though.

Thanks for the info whoever noted the Dragon Tooth was buffable, I didn't think any of the Dragon weapons were. I'm kinda lazy to find out who mentioned what btw silly

What I meant by the rolling attack wasn't so much like the Armor of Thorns but more in the "coming out of a roll" attack. You do a different attack by hitting R1 near the end of the roll, and the one-handed rolling attack of the great hammers, such as the Grant, is a huge and incredibly fast arcing sweep that hits almost a full circle around you. If you have the stats to one-hand something like a Great Club or Demon's Great Hammer, go try it, and you'll see why it's worth it winking

And your welcome for the Dragon's Tooth, but take that advice with a grain of salt since I haven't used the Dragon's Tooth myself, only heard others talking about it being buffable with nobody else saying it wasn't buffable. Like the previous point, test it out yourself before you dedicate a whole build to it happy

Oh I tried it on one of my scrap characters earlier, it's most definitely buffable. That attack does sound pretty awesome, especially considering the grant is so slow otherwise.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:27 am

Whoever mentioned the Grant, I was considering that definitely since it scaling seems to rock. Didn't know you could hit someone while rolling though.

I really hated the MSGS though when I tried it, might give it another shot. Thanks for the info whoever noted the Dragon Tooth was buffable, I didn't think any of the Dragon weapons were. I'm kinda lazy to find out who mentioned what btw silly[/quote]

first, i love the grant, its one of my fave weapons in the game since im a str/fai guy but if youre gonna use this for pvp dont go up to 50 str just for the rolling attack, its better to put it in att, after testing it on pvp the damage kinda sucked and the reason is everyone has a lot more res to magic than fire and lightning. the msgs is awesome soecially when buffed, you should try it again.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:12 am