Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Gol
reim0027
Bito
Yukon
RailBladerX
Forum Pirate
bloodpixel
micii
12 posters

Going over 76 poise ?

micii
    micii
    Addicted
    Addicted

Going over 76 poise ? Empty Going over 76 poise ?

Post by micii Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:26 am

Any reason i should go past 76 poise ?

Im right at my 50% limit and using Ornsteins set+Mask of the father+wolf ring+darkwood ring

I can get up to 80 poise but my toon looks kinda weird.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Going over 76 poise ? Empty Re: Going over 76 poise ?

Post by bloodpixel Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:28 am

I don't think there is any reason to go any higher.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:33 am

Only if you can get to 110+ (the great hammer cutoff if i remember correctly). otherwise no.
    RailBladerX
    Casual
    Casual

Post by RailBladerX Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:16 am

See this is what confuses me... Is poise like HP? that gets damaged by weapons hidding stat dmg that only applies to poise?

The reason why i ask is i have 107 poise in my vit stack build, and ive foughten people i know have like 80-ish poise, and we both have the same weapon but he will get staggered one more hit before i do.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:19 am

All weapons cause poise damage, and it fills up like a bleed or poison meter. The difference is in the AMOUNT of poise deterioration a weapon causes.

Something like a dagger has so little poise damage you won't feel it unless you are naked. it will never fill your bar fast enough to stagger you in armor.

A great sword on the other hand, causes massive posie damage and you will stagger from 1-2 hits if you don't have ~54 poise base.

More poise against a stronger weapon like that means you have a longer meter, thats why you take more hits than he does before a stagger.
    micii
    micii
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by micii Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:56 am

ill just keep mine at 76 to keep the my toon looking cool.

Also ive come to realize blocking is a complete waste of time during PvP, i block and end up getting hit anyways from it draining my stamina on some hits. Whats the best off hand i could use ?

Now i use

R1-MSG
    R2-Lightning claymore

L1-TCC
    L2-Grass crest shield

I cast CMW and then switch to grass crest and just dual wield.

Ive heard of people using both spells and pyro+great combustion which sounds like a good idea. But ive also seen people use spears as their left hand weapon, any point to this ?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:27 am

long reach and random pokes to change things up, tough to parry if you don't know which weapon they're going to attack with.
    Bito
    Bito

Post by Bito Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:55 am

i always cap at 54 (Poise for Gretsword Class)
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:17 pm

Over 76 poise is probably not necessary, unless you expect to be gang-banged (as in the forest).

The main goal for poise is to avoid stunlocks. At 76, you'll avoid most stunlocks, except for the ginormous weapons, but they are really easy to avoid anyway. So, reach a breakpoint and stop, unless you can reach the next breakpoint without sacrificing.
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gol Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:13 pm

micii wrote:ill just keep mine at 76 to keep the my toon looking cool.

Also ive come to realize blocking is a complete waste of time during PvP, i block and end up getting hit anyways from it draining my stamina on some hits. Whats the best off hand i could use ?

Now i use

R1-MSG
    R2-Lightning claymore

L1-TCC
    L2-Grass crest shield

Ive heard of people using both spells and pyro+great combustion which sounds like a good idea. But ive also seen people use spears as their left hand weapon, any point to this ?

Upgrade your shield, it will increase the stability and you'll use less stamina.
    If you're bored with shields the spear is a good choice, you're playin a int build so you can use the moonlight butterfly horn but it's risky, it'll become useless if your opponent is using GMB or has massive magic def, you can wield the MSG so the Pike is a good choice (elemental, since it scales with dex, you already have a lightning wep so a chaos would be good) cause it has the longest range.

Yeaah, you could use a pyro hand too for GC but if you can't control yourself you will end up spamming it.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:01 pm

Now i use

R1-MSG
    R2-Lightning claymore

L1-TCC
    L2-Grass crest shield

since youre a int build i would go with the trident, it kicks *** and with the lag ds has it has sick reach its not even fair. i hate going up agaisnt thrust weapons in duels cause people abuse them becasue of lag.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:48 pm

RantFromRant wrote:

Now i use

R1-MSG
    R2-Lightning claymore

L1-TCC
    L2-Grass crest shield

since youre a int build i would go with the trident, it kicks *** and with the lag ds has it has sick reach its not even fair. i hate going up agaisnt thrust weapons in duels cause people abuse them becasue of lag.

Guy in full giants, grass crest shield, mask of the child, cloranthy ring, green blossom, and two hand a Demon Spear Going over 76 poise ? 2707236321
    micii
    micii
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by micii Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:34 pm

Im getting used to pvp kinda. i won a few matches, but all the ones i lose are by guys using spears and shield. How can i combat aginast this if they just hide behind theyre shield and poke me. Sometiems they dont even land a hit and i still take damage wtf ?

All on top of the kunts who back stab me while i bow.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:08 pm

micii wrote:Im getting used to pvp kinda. i won a few matches, but all the ones i lose are by guys using spears and shield. How can i combat aginast this if they just hide behind theyre shield and poke me. Sometiems they dont even land a hit and i still take damage wtf ?

All on top of the kunts who back stab me while i bow.

like i said, its lag, it might not look like the hit you biut in their world theyre hitting you, just use a spear or any thurst weapon like the trident and remember the one with the most lag always wins.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:05 am

^Phantom range. When it seems like you're outside your enemy's weapon's swing range, but it hits you anyway. I hate phantom range.

About the spear turtles: they're usually very negligent about spamming R1, so punish them with a parry. Just be aware that you need to be close to them to parry, so although they can hit you from pretty far, you won't be able to parry them from back there.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:01 am

Dead angles ignore shields. Get good at them and turtles will fall like blades of grass in the wind.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:13 am

Since everyone else is under the assumption that you will be at <50% equip load and be able to dodge, I will provide a different perspective. If you take a pure tanking build that uses the fat roll (>50%), it is to your advantage to stack as much poise as possible. Full Stone Armor with a Wolf Ring is not too much. If you intend to go full-out tank, being able to absorb 2-3 hits from a greatsword can provide you ample opportunity to:

1. Start blocking with your shield, forcing them to expend stamina.
    2. Start hitting them back, breaking their poise and stunlocking them before they break yours.
    3. Circle around them during their combo and backstab (avoid this option in any situation not dealing with griefers or farmers where honor is expected though)

And as someone said earlier, you will be able to withstand Great Hammer attacks, which no other build can do. You lose mobility at the cost of near-absolute uninterruptibility, though if you are not a defensively-minded player you might have trouble as you cannot very easily go on the offensive.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:24 am