Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Wade_Wilson
Scudman_Slayer
MinedSafe
sen545331
Deadmeat95
RANT
Carphil
Serious_Much
sdufford
13 posters

Best weapon upgrade strength/endurance build

Eliteknight
    Eliteknight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Best weapon upgrade strength/endurance build - Page 2 Empty Re: Best weapon upgrade strength/endurance build

Post by Eliteknight Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:31 pm

RantFromRant wrote:
    it doesnt stunlock everyone, specially if you get those people with mask of the father and either giant's or havel's armor. overall its a very good weapon but not the strongest, i sed it for a while but ended up going with the machete, it takes practice but it can rape anyone with one shot if you have sunlight blade with a riposte.

I have a new faith/str character on the way up in levels who will be using sunlight blade and has access to that weapon. How big are you hitting on riposts with sunlight blade buff? On average, just of the top of your head.

How good is the moveset? I've never swung it around before.
    papael
    papael

Best weapon upgrade strength/endurance build - Page 2 Empty Re: Best weapon upgrade strength/endurance build

Post by papael Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:36 am

Remember to get the Great Axe to +10 Fire for PvE since it's 780 split damage. It's incredibly slow but since you are building high endurance too, make sure to wear something with high poise. It will one shot almost everything and whatever it doesn't, it will smash to the ground allowing follow up.

I was trying to kill Lautrec in Anor Londo with a Manserpent Great Sword to no avail. the sword is simply not heavy enough to compensate it's slowness, Lautrec doesn't even flinch when getting hit due to reatarded poise. I swing the Great Axe once and he ends with his face crushed in the floor lol.

I don't play PvP but as far as I know the Great Axe is not useful for it. It's just too slow allowing parrying and leaving you open if you miss. It's one hand R2 is apparently designed to deceive people into parrying since it looks exactly like the R1, but comes out slower and stronger, possibly destroying the player that failed at parrying.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:40 am

If you want to use a Strength/Endurance build, you have to choose a weapon that you can feel with. Doesn't matter about the stats as much as how you feel comfortable with the move-sets, the speed, the AOE, and what not. Their are about 20+ strength weapons to choose from. Experiment, and if you like it use it. If you find a weapon more suited to you, throw the one you like as secondary, and the new one as your friend. Remember, in a game of war, someone must be comfortable with the weapon. Otherwise, you might be having times where you will be stressed and fail at more things than you would have with a wepaon more 'suited' for you.

Don't go for the mass, go for you. Find your weapon, and you shall find the warmth of crushing your opponents ever more so strong. Heh.

Happy Plaguing.
    sen545331
    sen545331
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sen545331 Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:57 am

str/fai... grant!! lol, the 2h r2 helps with it as well
    if i made one though, i'd go man-serp, just my opinion
    SuperMint
    SuperMint

Post by SuperMint Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:07 am

Any weapon that starts with the words "Great", "Demon's Great" or "Black Knight" is a good strength weapon. Find one or two you like and +15 them. Easy stuff.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:41 am

Eliteknight wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:
    it doesnt stunlock everyone, specially if you get those people with mask of the father and either giant's or havel's armor. overall its a very good weapon but not the strongest, i sed it for a while but ended up going with the machete, it takes practice but it can rape anyone with one shot if you have sunlight blade with a riposte.

I have a new faith/str character on the way up in levels who will be using sunlight blade and has access to that weapon. How big are you hitting on riposts with sunlight blade buff? On average, just of the top of your head.

if you mean the demon great machete, the speeed of the zwei and a really slow jump attack of the capra demon is the r2 which is useless in pvp, im doing a little over 1,300 on a riposte, 2,000 with the hornet ring and 2,800 with hornet ring and power within. thats with 40 str and 39 faith.
    Eliteknight
    Eliteknight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Eliteknight Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:52 am

RantFromRant wrote:
    Eliteknight wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:

if you mean the demon great machete, the speeed of the zwei and a really slow jump attack of the capra demon is the r2 which is useless in pvp, im doing a little over 1,300 on a riposte, 2,000 with the hornet ring and 2,800 with hornet ring and power within. thats with 40 str and 39 faith.

I just got mine up to +14 sitting at 40 str 50 faith atm. Trying to find something that doesn't die in the first part of the riposte is gonna be hard. xD

1059 totall attack power in 2 hands while buffed is a scary number. Would be +40% with power within with another 50% critical damage boost with hornets. Yikes.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:18 am

i think grant or the demon great axe would do more damage with the stats you have, you should try them. and if youre gonna use power within to not upgrade your glove at all so it doesnt drain your hp too fast.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:48 pm