Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
CrackSouls
Grey-Ronin
Forum Pirate
GrEeNgObLiN
Maneater_Mildred
FruitPunchNinja
Yesuurd
RANT
Serious_Much
Gol
Tolvo
Rollo-9
Emergence
Reaperfan
Artorias
reim0027
Baal-Avatar
21 posters

Open discussion of future FC events.

Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Open discussion of future FC events. Empty Open discussion of future FC events.

Post by Baal-Avatar Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:12 pm

Open discussion of future FC events.

Last edited by Baal-Avatar on Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:23 pm; edited 25 times in total
    reim0027
    reim0027

Open discussion of future FC events. Empty Re: Open discussion of future FC events.

Post by reim0027 Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:22 pm

I'm down for it, I think. I can host for a bit (as long as my internet connection doesn't have anymore seizures), but want to duel for some time too. I liked my Lifehunt Scythe build. May have to try that one out.
    Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Open discussion of future FC events. Empty Re: Open discussion of future FC events.

Post by Baal-Avatar Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:31 pm

@Reaperfan, Serious_Much and Artorias: Read the updates above. Proper Bow

Also, I removed some of the posts so that we do not confuse people. I hope you do not mind.

Last edited by Baal-Avatar on Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:32 pm

im ok without it...ill go dragon form and use light role big grin
    The only problem i have with the fat role is that people will show up with full havels/giant and stunlock people while they roll.

Thank you Baal, i would of showed up regardless.

Guys im sorry if ill one shot you with my HCC or CSS silly

Last edited by Artorias on Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:32 pm

Baal-Avatar wrote:@Reaperfan, Serious_Much and Artorias: Read the updates above. Open discussion of future FC events. 945058907

cheers Open discussion of future FC events. 639795459 cheers Open discussion of future FC events. 639795459 cheers Open discussion of future FC events. 639795459
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:37 pm

You can add me as a host for now. Provided my schedule permits I should be able to make it.
    Rollo-9
    Rollo-9

Post by Rollo-9 Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:02 pm

I'm not sure about the logic behind no bacstabs period. I hate bactabing but if someone is using a rapier/ spear with shield or w e you'll be hard pressed to dmg them with any wpn. Theres a big difference between taking an open bs, and fishing for them. just sayin..
    Also i don't see how buffs can be allowed unless you cut out dmoon/sun blades. you cant expect ppl to trade with them and not turtle/run. what do you guys think?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:05 pm

Yay, Solaire can use his lightning spears even though it will totally get me killed! cheers
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gol Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:17 pm

No buffs would be cool.
    But why no WoG ?
    Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Baal-Avatar Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:26 pm

Rollo-9 wrote:I'm not sure about the logic behind no bacstabs period. I hate bactabing but if someone is using a rapier/ spear with shield or w e you'll be hard pressed to dmg them with any wpn. Theres a big difference between taking an open bs, and fishing for them. just sayin..
    Also i don't see how buffs can be allowed unless you cut out dmoon/sun blades. you cant expect ppl to trade with them and not turtle/run. what do you guys think?

I completely understand your point about back stabs. At one time the rules simply stated "limit back stabs", but people had a very different interpretation of what "limit" meant. I have seen some turtling lately and I have also seem some players take it upon themselves to back stab if that occurs. Also, in the past if a magic user would cast an area attack like Firestorm, the opponent would get a back stab in if it was possible. I will update the rule to "limit back stabs". The general rule is Do Not Backstab, but use your best judgement. Just because someone is using a large strength weapon with a longer recovery time, does not give the opponent the right to backstab.

These events are moderated by the entire community, not just me. Play nice and everything should be fine.

All weapon buffs will be allowed.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:28 pm

Baal-Avatar wrote:Also, I removed some of the posts so that we do not confuse people. I hope you do not mind.

You removed my post where I offered to host, but otherwise I don't mind happy
    My offer to host still stands too winking
    Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Baal-Avatar Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:30 pm

Gol wrote:No buffs would be cool.
    But why no WoG ?

Some players have created their entire builds based on weapon buffs. I do not use buffs normally, but I do not care if others do. Remember this is all for fun.

The community has always not used WoG since it does a lot of damage and does not take a lot of skill to use. Same with TWoP.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:32 pm

Also Gol not all of us will be using DWGR, for those of us without it WoG spam can easily destroy us.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:45 pm

Hmm I'm glad that magic is back in now Baal, means i dont have to throw half my builds out the window silly

Hopefully be there if I dont forget about it (like yesterday, goddam St Patricks silly)
    Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Baal-Avatar Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:52 pm

On a related note, does magic shield or magic barrier work well at all? I have never used them.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:55 pm

Great Magic Barrier will practically negate magic attacks and magic buffs. The Shield will give you a ridiculous amount of poise, but I don't find blocking to be all that useful in PvP anyway, especially with dead angles.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:55 pm

i will be there, just got home and i missed dark souls. i have more than enough time to finish my dragon build.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:57 pm

gmb and cms is not fair against dmb or cmw builds, it basically makes them useless.
    Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Baal-Avatar Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:59 pm

RantFromRant wrote:i will be there, just got home and i missed dark souls. i have more than enough time to finish my dragon build.

Awesome!!! If you want to host some let me know and I will add you. I have only fought a dragon once or twice. Hopefully we get to fight.
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gol Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:37 pm

Tolvo wrote:Also Gol not all of us will be using DWGR, for those of us without it WoG spam can easily destroy us.

If you got the fast roll you can still dodge it.
    I just find it's kinda... unfair, cause mages have the right to cast CSS (and one-shot with the adequate build).
    And it's not that hard to touch the opponent if he has a slow wep.

And, again, I think buffs shouldn't be allowed, even if the build is based on buffs because, anyway, they probably have the stats to wield their weps and take advantage of the scalin and it's obviously a +15 wep.

What's the funniest ?
    A fight with buffs that ends in 20 seconds or a fight without buffs that ends in 2 minutes ?

I'm ok with the rules because half of my builds use buffs but generally those are not the best fights 'cause either of the 2 opponents does not take any risk.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:42 pm

Awesome!!!!! Long live FC!!!!

@Baal

I can always host Baal so you can put me in the list if needed...

@Emergence

Interested in seeing you online glad to see the probability.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:47 pm

Gol, I actually use the medium roll usually. Maybe it should be WotG is limited in some way? Because WotG spam is nearly impossible to avoid with medium-fat roll, but just one cast can still be dodged and if you get hit you get hit because you didn't dodge. As well buffed weapons can be dodged, so I see no issue with them. A CSS can kill in one hit if a toon is built right, so I can see a stray one ending a fight a lot easier than merely a buff could.
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:47 pm

Nothings unfair its your own fault for using slo weps silly
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:03 pm

great magic shield and great magic barrier are great baal almost too great :| i think the rule should be limit too 1 backstab or something. also about the turtling rule, no 2handing weapons? i assume this is to avoid stunlocking but its kind of extreme it takes a lot of weapons more useful moves away. maybe just try to encourage FC to avoid stunlocking if possible(which it should be). i dont think we should keep adding rule after rule but i did enjoy not having to fight against the same style of backstab fishing opponent.
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gol Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:05 pm

Oh, by the way, I'll be able to host. silly

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:03 am