Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
IceIfrit666
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Yesuurd
peaceful_sabre
BLA1NE
callipygias
Gol
ted1023
12 posters

Another player corrupted!!!

ted1023
    ted1023
    Addicted
    Addicted

Another player corrupted!!! Empty Another player corrupted!!!

Post by ted1023 Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:09 pm

The last few days I have been helping a friend play thru the game for the first time. While in the Burg we were invaded by grievers and he was backstabbed with the hornet ring and lightning parry dagger at lvl 10 we had the normal gear that we started with in the beginning of the game doing minimal damage.

Then we get an invader that took the time to bow I as was running towards my friend I seen him bow and bam the guy ran up on him and back stabbed him. I tried to explain the unwritten rules of engagement, but unfortunately every player we ran into did the worst things possible.

Last night We ran into our first fair invader I bowed he bowed and them bam!!! I saw him get hit in the head with a slayer arrow. I turned around to see my friend firing at him. We were on skp so I asked him, what are you doing? His response was “screw that!!!” “Nobody played fair with me I’m Killing them all” Another player corrupted…
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Another player corrupted!!! Empty Re: Another player corrupted!!!

Post by Gol Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:14 pm

“screw that!!!” “Nobody played fair with me I’m Killing them all”

That sounds a bit psycho.
    ted1023
    ted1023
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ted1023 Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:28 pm

Gol wrote:“screw that!!!” “Nobody played fair with me I’m Killing them all”

That sounds a bit psycho.

Lol I think the game got to him..lol..
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:29 pm

Too bad, but definitely understandable.

On the positive side all the bad guys make the rare good guy that much more appreciated. Another thing I'm sure most of you have noticed is that the dirty fighters tend to kinda suck. Now that I'm playing human a little more I'm surprised at how bad many of them are. Probably why so many BB glitch and invade in the Burg, since it's the only way they can consistently win.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:56 pm

That's a sad story...

As an invader, I rarely ever bow anymore, though. I'll only bow if the host bows first and we're far enough. I won't bow to a phantom if I don't see the host, or bow to the host if I know he has phantoms hiding somewhere. Other than that, I give the host as many chances as possible: I won't heal, won't bs, etc.

In duels, though, I always bow. I've been surprised lately at how rarely I've been attacked while bowing, too. I'm always the first to bow, but most of the time my opponent returns the gesture. I take precautions, though: if I'm hosting, I start bowing just before they've finished spawning, so they'll see me do it but won't have time to rush me; and as an invader, if I have to I'll roll back before bowing. And like I said, it's rare that I get attacked while doing it--surprisingly. And the best thing about bowing first: I can buff my weapon while my opponent is bowing.
    peaceful_sabre
    peaceful_sabre
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by peaceful_sabre Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:05 pm

As part of a user made covenant im in (hope i'm not kicked) we have to bow before and after fight. i don't mind that. however most of the time they attack me during that time. in undead burg, i'll see my 'enemy' in the distance(+he'll see me) then I'd bow from there, use karmic justice, buff my wep and THEN i'd head into battle.

i guess i mostly get hit when bowing when im somewhat close but still bow regardless. Guess its my own lazy fault Shrug
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:16 pm

Lol, we all have had that thought once maybe...no? But Ted he is still salvageable, he just needs to balance it out and not go too drastic, explain to him that in this game you have to always be wary of foul play.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.
    Friedrich Nietzsche
    ted1023
    ted1023
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ted1023 Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:23 pm

lol, Yea I know. I think his other frustration is coming from not being able to properly defend himself against more experienced Invaders especially when they BS him... I was going through some basics with him on how to BS and Parry.

To my surprise the next invader he fought he landed a parry as well as a back stab.. So now he's 1 for 10..bastid can BS better than me now.. And unfortunately I have noticed he is now fishing for them heavily and being punished for it. Hopefully with a few good fights he will loosen up and see not everyone in the game are as bad as the first few encounters.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:31 pm

the sad thing is when you encounter people who bow just to get you to do the same so they can bs you...
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:34 pm

^And they think they're being clever doing that... That's why you gotta bow far enough. Then, when they make a run for you while you bow, you know exactly what they're trying to do, so you can have no remorse pivot-bsing them when they get near.
    peaceful_sabre
    peaceful_sabre
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by peaceful_sabre Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:37 pm

What is pivot-bs?
    IceIfrit666
    IceIfrit666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by IceIfrit666 Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:44 pm

Sad, sad story about your friend, although I don't blame him.
    Speaking of BSing while bowing, I like to scare people by backstabbing them with my fist when they're bowing.
    I once got hatemail for that.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:47 pm

It is always saddening to see what the community is coming too. I've heard stories like this from farmers as well, and though I condemn their actions I still understand how it happened. Eventually I feel this game is going to become a hive of scum and villainy with many talking about which came first, the chicken or the egg.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:54 pm

^Haha, no, I don't think so!

There'll always be players like me who refuse to play unfairly, no matter how bad things get. I'm pretty sure the game's reached an equilibrium. I doubt it can get any worse. So it's either going to keep on like it is now, or it could even possibly get better.

@Sabre:

Sorry... Not going to tell you. It's the cheapest, easiest way to get a backstab. It exploits game mechanics to give you a bs when you weren't in position to perform one. Combined with lag, it gives retarded backstabs--made only more depressing by how easy they are to pull off. I'm sure you'll learn how to do it eventually--there's only about 1000 youtube videos explaining it at length and detail, to make absolutely sure every noob in Dark Souls will be able to exploit this cheap mechanic.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:57 pm

when that time comes i'll switch to demons souls for a solid month or more or maybe finish up ffXIII-2, after a few months of turmoil most of the nastiness should have taken care of itself via in-fighting or boredom on part of those with short attention spans.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:12 pm

I throw it all up to karma. Someone who has to get wins by going after people while they are bowing is going to spend a lot of time getting killed in return and generally having bad luck. Case in point: I'm cooping through the parish on my sunbro char, along with a host and another summon. We clear the area with the channeler and hollows and get invaded. Knowing that the invader is going to appear up by the gargoyle boss gate, I back up a bit into the doorway to the hall, while the other summon moves off to one side out of sight. The invader comes down from the boss gate ladders and sure enough it's the whole MoF, quelaag furysword pyro bit. He sees me, stops, and bows. I bow back, and the moment I start he sprints at me for a backstab. But whoops: I just happened to purposefully place myself into the doorway enough that he can't quite get around my shoulder to BS me. As he tries, the other phantom touches off a WoG (which I didn't even know he had) and all that's left to do is take my outfit to the cleaners to get the darkwraith bits hosed out of it. The funniest part was that my initial bow finished as he was dying so I just kept spamming it over and over, haha.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:47 pm

The BB glitch was the worst thing to ever happen to this game.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:06 pm

aceluby wrote:The BB glitch was the worst thing to ever happen to this game.

Low level griefers who use it in bad ways is more specific.
    peaceful_sabre
    peaceful_sabre
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by peaceful_sabre Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:14 pm

BLA1NE wrote:^Haha, no, I don't think so!

There'll always be players like me who refuse to play unfairly, no matter how bad things get. I'm pretty sure the game's reached an equilibrium. I doubt it can get any worse. So it's either going to keep on like it is now, or it could even possibly get better.

@Sabre:

Sorry... Not going to tell you. It's the cheapest, easiest way to get a backstab. It exploits game mechanics to give you a bs when you weren't in position to perform one. Combined with lag, it gives retarded backstabs--made only more depressing by how easy they are to pull off. I'm sure you'll learn how to do it eventually--there's only about 1000 youtube videos explaining it at length and detail, to make absolutely sure every noob in Dark Souls will be able to exploit this cheap mechanic.

I admit i have a times done what i hear is cheap, e.g. attempted to hide when enemy is close, even taken part in a bit of farming. However i did them cuz i fealt i was really bad at pvp and had no chance of winning when most fights i fought where 1 against <1.(plus i wasn't so good.) Point im trying to get at is, i feel im getting better and playing more fair. i feel bit guilty when i feel ive done something cheap so if you say that pivot-bs is cheap chances are i ain't ever gonna learn it, specially as i feel im getting better.
    dianaduh
    dianaduh
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by dianaduh Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:28 pm

i used to always bow before fighting, but after lots of backstabs and ufair fights i stopped.
    i do bow before fighting, but only if i see that the other player wont try to get advantage before fighting.
    its really annoying if you die in a dishonest way, thats why many players decide to be dishonest too

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 6:17 pm