Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Biakobi
Eliteknight
Serious_Much
Whknight
BLA1NE
ErrJon6661
Scudman_Slayer
Carphil
aceluby
Zakkia
14 posters

120+? Yes? No?

Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

120+? Yes? No? - Page 2 Empty Re: 120+? Yes? No?

Post by Zakkia Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:03 pm

Agh! i cant decide. hm.. Should i? Shouldnt i? ill prob move my mage isntead of my faith since bosses are cake on my mage ._.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:05 pm

you should,you really should try it out
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:09 pm

DO ITTT

Ill probably do so once im bored of 120 PvP, but havent tired of it just yet
    Eliteknight
    Eliteknight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Eliteknight Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:09 pm

Scudman_Slayer wrote:

since there is a lot less one shoting on high level pvp and everyone has a chance
    where a heavy armor with 50% movement would have no chance against a mage build on the 120 cap

I just had to say something about this part. Are you kidding?

Unless something changed very recently that changed the pvp scene I'm not aware of, how are mage builds overpowered at 120? Sorcery has the easiest spells in the game to dodge even with the 50% roll. An intellect character loses hands down to a faith character in just about every conceivable aspect of pvp.

I know some people play mages and love it. I know there are talented spellswords out there, but that doesn't change the fact that objectively its still a sub optimal way to spec. I just do not see how one can objectively argue otherwise.

You don't like the 120 cap because mages? Please help me out here, what is it I'm not understanding about where you are coming from?

At any rate, there is still a lot of fun to be had at higher levels of play for pvp. If you like your current character you could make a new one and take that one up past 120 so you have the best of both worlds.

Last edited by Eliteknight on Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Biakobi
    Biakobi

Post by Biakobi Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:09 pm

Speaking from personal experience, there is still plenty of action to be found at 120 and up. I'm at around SL 165, and I still have no issue invading / PvPing in general.

As far as PvP hotspots go, I've had the most luck at Dark Anor Lando. I tried the Kiln, but haven't gotten any interaction whatsoever from other players, whether it was friendly or hostile.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:10 pm

'-' sooner or later you will level up. Don't worry big grin
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:15 pm

Eliteknight wrote:
    Scudman_Slayer wrote:

since there is a lot less one shoting on high level pvp and everyone has a chance
    where a heavy armor with 50% movement would have no chance against a mage build on the 120 cap

I just had to say something about this part. Are you kidding?

Unless something changed very recently that changed the pvp scene I'm not aware of, how are mage builds overpowered at 120? Sorcery has the easiest spells in the game to dodge even with the 50% roll. An intellect character loses hands down to a faith character in just about every conceivable aspect of pvp.

I know some people play mages and love it. I know there are talented spellswords out there, but that doesn't change the fact that objectively its still a sub optimal way to spec. I just do not see how one can objectively argue otherwise.

You don't like the 120 cap because mages? Please help me out here, what is it I'm not understanding about where you are coming from?

At any rate, there is still a lot of fun to be had at higher levels of play for pvp. If you like your current character you could make a new one and take that one up past 120 so you have the best of both worlds.

whoa whoa whoa don't jump into clonclusions mister

mages are overpowered on lvl 120 not because of the spell that are easy to dodge
    its because of the lag delay which may make the spells hit you when you're not even near it

now you see? before jumping into a conclusion please don't forget the fact that lag is a problem to whoever is fighting mages

and in 120 you will get one shooted by their spells if you don't have the defenses necessary to survive

Eliteknight
    Eliteknight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Eliteknight Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:27 pm

Scudman_Slayer wrote:

mages are overpowered on lvl 120 not because of the spell that are easy to dodge
    its because of the lag delay which may make the spells hit you when you're not even near it

now you see? before jumping into a conclusion please don't forget the fact that lag is a problem to whoever is fighting mages

and in 120 you will get one shooted by their spells if you don't have the defenses necessary to survive

I didn't jump to any conclusions, I explained that I was confused by your statement, I explained the situation the way I understood it then I asked you to point out what I must be missing about this whole thing. Because clearly I was lost.

I don't see a whole lot of lag here in new york, they cast, I hit the directional stick+B and it misses. Just about all the time. It doesn't help that my build bends mages over so I don't see the average ones as much of a threat.

If there isn't much lag the only ones one shot you are the ones that have sick free aiming skills and know how to force your roll and catch you in a trick shot. The really good ones.

But surely that much lag would make pvp in general pretty frustrating, all the lagstabs and swords hitting from 3 yards away, ect.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:28 pm

I can vouch for Scud a lot there, I and my friend use mage builds PvP doing all usual stuff, dragon ring, crown of dark sun, Tin crystal catalyst..

Even on my friend's SL 150 (he invades as wraith btw) he one shots most people he faces...

couple that with the lag that means swings can hit you from 10m away or spells that hit you when fire pillars are nowhere near you etc, makes it pretty horrible to go up against.

and responding to your comment about trick shots, neither me or my friend do manual aim, all lock on.

Last edited by Serious_Much on Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:29 pm

Eliteknight wrote:
    Scudman_Slayer wrote:

I didn't jump to any conclusions, I explained that I was confused by your statement, I explained the situation the way I understood it then I asked you to point out what I must be missing about this whole thing. Because clearly I was lost.

I don't see a whole lot of lag here in new york, they cast, I hit the directional stick+B and it misses. Just about all the time. It doesn't help that my build bends mages over so I don't see the average ones as much of a threat.

If there isn't much lag the only ones one shot you are the ones that have sick free aiming skills and know how to force your roll and catch you in a trick shot. The really good ones.

But surely that much lag would make pvp in general pretty frustrating, all the lagstabs and swords hitting from 3 yards away, ect.

well here's the difference between oyu and me

you are in new york

Im in brazil

think about it
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:30 pm

Serious_Much wrote:I can vouch for Scud a lot there, I and my friend use mage builds PvP doing all usual stuff, dragon ring, crown of dark sun, Tin crystal catalyst..

Even on my friend's SL 150 (he invades as wraith btw) he one shots most people he faces...

couple that with the lag that means swings can hit you from 10m away or spells that hit you when fire pillars are nowhere near you etc, makes it pretty horrible to go up against.

and responding to your comment about trick shots, neither me or my friend do manual aim, all lock on.

thanks for helping me prove my point happy
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:33 pm

lol it's fine hehe

and before eliteknight thinks of suggesting british people are less skilled or something, we PvP mainly to suit American's timing so we get more action.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:37 pm

Serious_Much wrote:lol it's fine hehe

and before eliteknight thinks of suggesting british people are less skilled or something, we PvP mainly to suit American's timing so we get more action.

exactly

annnd i will say only one thing im pretty sure they were always looked on to me when shooting me with spells because the spells would curve around but not even touch me or get close to me
    Eliteknight
    Eliteknight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Eliteknight Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:40 pm

Scudman_Slayer wrote:
    Im in brazil

think about it

That sounds rough. Is the pvp at high levels mostly good for you then?

and before eliteknight thinks of suggesting british people are less skilled or something

I've done absolutely nothing to deserve that, that was low.

I have family in Britain, I mean goddamn I can't have a decent conversation with any of you. Accused of racism, fun stuff these threads.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:43 pm

Much started to like brazilians after I came up to this forum big grin

You say any mage is underpowered at 120 because anyone can dodge spells? Well I don't lock-on, try to roll anywhere and you will get one shot by my white dragon breath, I just cast it and the lag does the rest.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:46 pm

Eliteknight wrote:
    Scudman_Slayer wrote:
    Im in brazil

think about it

That sounds rough. Is the pvp at high levels mostly good for you then?

and before eliteknight thinks of suggesting british people are less skilled or something

I've done absolutely nothing to deserve that, that was low.

I have family in Britain, I mean goddamn I can't have a decent conversation with any of you. Accused of racism, fun stuff these threads.

ever heard of tough love?

its a way of making it like they're insulting you but while they're not

well on high level pvp even if it lags and i get hit out of nowhere i will live and still be able to win

whereas me on a character i had lvl 120 would not get a chance to win if i was hit by a lagged swing or shot
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:49 pm

lol how is suggesting people in britain are less skilled in gaming a racist attack? seriously, id actually say id agree with you on that front XD americans wipe floor with me on some things while some british guys arent as amazing, though would say you'd have no chance on fifa winking

im not accusing you of racism (not racist anyway),but i just know of some people who iv come across who would use that kind of excuse :/

besides low? not really. guarding against potential response? more like it.

Carphil LOL never actually met/talked to brazilian people before and is internet forum of few people lol. but if you wanna take credit whatever silly
    Eliteknight
    Eliteknight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Eliteknight Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:50 pm

Carphil wrote:Much started to like brazilians after I came up to this forum big grin

You say any mage is underpowered at 120 because anyone can dodge spells? Well I don't lock-on, try to roll anywhere and you will get one shot by my white dragon breath, I just cast it and the lag does the rest.

I am fairly confidant I can say that mages are underpowered. My toolbox is better than their toolbox. AOE silence, anti magic shell, a hard hitting fast casting aoe spell that deflects projectiles and spells.

My roommate plays a mage, I've seen how much damage white dragon breath does at 50 intellect. I've played against mages, if there isn't a lot of lag it isn't hitting me. If I lose to another player due to a one hit kill lag shot, I probably would have lost to anyone else with lag that bad.

So basically, to one shot me and be so OP on your mage you need enough lag to render the other player useless anyway? Would you say that is close?

Last edited by Eliteknight on Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:51 pm

@serious_much

you have been talking to me and carphil so you have talked with braziliams before
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:54 pm

I meant before being on this forum LOL, suppose i didnt specify silly
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:55 pm

@eliteknight

no thats not it he is braziliam like me so we both suffer from the lag and most of the times the only way to win is to take advantage of it...for as painful as it is to admit

when there is no lag you can hit the guy you have to have so nice tricks up your sleeve to do so

but on my case i cannot fight any match without lag getting in the way so really most of the times i've hit someone with a spell i think it was because of the lag
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:56 pm

@serious

you've been in the old forums? if you did you probably have talked to me at least once there
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:57 pm

i prefer to these forums being same, same people in here as in there lol silly

never before DkS wiki forums, any incarnation!

misunderstanding solved now? big grin

Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:59 pm

yes
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:01 pm

woop.

did we just derail thread for a discussion about Mages at SL120? :/

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:06 am