Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
ARSP
nsane32
Maneater_Mildred
Grey-Ronin
8 posters

    Greatest Sword Fights Ever

    Grey-Ronin
    Grey-Ronin
    Regular
    Regular


    Posts : 77
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-02-20

    Greatest Sword Fights Ever Empty Greatest Sword Fights Ever

    Post by Grey-Ronin Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:45 pm

    To waste time at work I was reading this article on IO9 and wanted to share.

    http://io9.com/5895092/10-of-the-most-awesome-sword-fight-scenes-ever

    What, in your opinion, are some of the greatest sword fights ever?
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator


    Posts : 2525
    Reputation : 182
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 50
    Location : The 3rd place.

    Greatest Sword Fights Ever Empty Re: Greatest Sword Fights Ever

    Post by Maneater_Mildred Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:08 am

    The dread pirate roberts vs inigo montoya in the princess bride.

    Edit... Read the link and love the list they have.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed


    Posts : 1886
    Reputation : 27
    Join date : 2012-01-18
    Age : 33
    Location : Lordran

    Greatest Sword Fights Ever Empty Re: Greatest Sword Fights Ever

    Post by nsane32 Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:48 am

    My favorite sword fighting scenes are from The Man in The Iron Mask
    ARSP
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed


    Posts : 605
    Reputation : 13
    Join date : 2012-03-07
    Age : 29
    Location : Anor Londo

    Greatest Sword Fights Ever Empty Re: Greatest Sword Fights Ever

    Post by ARSP Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:52 am

    My vote goes to the pirates of the carribean because they have so many dynamics (you try sword fighting while rolling on a water wheel)
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee


    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 31
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Greatest Sword Fights Ever Empty Re: Greatest Sword Fights Ever

    Post by Serious_Much Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:58 am

    My favourite is probably from Troy. It's a pretty mediocre film, but the sword fights i really enjoyed in it.

    Pirates of the Caribbean (1st) is good too I agree ARSP, they made pirate sword fighting funky and original.

    I think Hero also deserves a mention, Crouching tiger was on your list, but Hero has some damn good fights in there too (and I preferred it to be honest)

    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead


    Posts : 5280
    Reputation : 123
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Age : 41
    Location : New York

    Greatest Sword Fights Ever Empty Re: Greatest Sword Fights Ever

    Post by PlasticandRage Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:30 pm

    When I was a little boy my friends and I used to do this thing where...ah nevermind
    befowler
    befowler
    Moderator
    Moderator


    Posts : 2032
    Reputation : 188
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Sunlight Altar

    Greatest Sword Fights Ever Empty Re: Greatest Sword Fights Ever

    Post by befowler Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:01 pm

    Serious_Much wrote:My favourite is probably from Troy. It's a pretty mediocre film, but the sword fights i really enjoyed in it.

    I like the fights in Troy too, particularly the Achilles v. Hector classic. I've been trying to make an Achilles char in Dks - spider shield, steel helm, balder leggings, etc. Haven't gotten it yet.

    Much of the OP list actually doesn't do much for me aside from the Highlander fight, which was great, and Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. Eowyn v. Nazgul? Really? The absence of anything from Captain Blood is also silly.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed


    Posts : 1886
    Reputation : 27
    Join date : 2012-01-18
    Age : 33
    Location : Lordran

    Greatest Sword Fights Ever Empty Re: Greatest Sword Fights Ever

    Post by nsane32 Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:56 pm

    also my favorite light saber duel was with darth maul episode 1
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee


    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 31
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Greatest Sword Fights Ever Empty Re: Greatest Sword Fights Ever

    Post by Serious_Much Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:57 pm

    nsane32 wrote:also my favorite light saber duel was with darth maul episode 1

    The Obi-wan vs Maul was great. He also jumps in excitement and being pumped before, probably one of the few redeeming part of the film was the final saber duel silly
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster


    Posts : 3008
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 33
    Location : Canterlot

    Greatest Sword Fights Ever Empty Re: Greatest Sword Fights Ever

    Post by Reaperfan Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:22 pm

    Real life buster sword guy versus 2x4's!

    In all honesty, I can't say any of my favorite fights are sword fights :|
    There's Edward Elric vs Greed from the not Brotherhood anime, though that's more of a sword vs fists fight. Then there's Cloud vs Sephiroth from Advent Children (shut up) and the Keyblade War teaser for Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep, but those are too heavily mixed in with magic and environmental fighting to really be called sword fights. I also really like the opening cinematic for Demon's Souls, though that was less of an actual fight and more of "the Fluted Armor guy beating up Dreglings until he gets his butt handed to him by a Gold Skeleton and the Dragon God." In fact, the only thing I can think of that's purely sword-fighting would be Master Yi vs Katarina at around 1:25 in the League of Legends cinematic trailer, and it only lasts for a few seconds :|
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee


    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 31
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Greatest Sword Fights Ever Empty Re: Greatest Sword Fights Ever

    Post by Serious_Much Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:30 pm

    Reaperfan wrote:Real life buster sword guy versus 2x4's!

    LOL this guys made a brotherhood, he's suck a legend silly
    ARSP
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed


    Posts : 605
    Reputation : 13
    Join date : 2012-03-07
    Age : 29
    Location : Anor Londo

    Greatest Sword Fights Ever Empty Re: Greatest Sword Fights Ever

    Post by ARSP Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:16 pm

    Reaperfan wrote:Real life buster sword guy versus 2x4's!

    In all honesty, I can't say any of my favorite fights are sword fights :|
    There's Edward Elric vs Greed from the not Brotherhood anime, though that's more of a sword vs fists fight. Then there's Cloud vs Sephiroth from Advent Children (shut up) and the Keyblade War teaser for Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep, but those are too heavily mixed in with magic and environmental fighting to really be called sword fights. I also really like the opening cinematic for Demon's Souls, though that was less of an actual fight and more of "the Fluted Armor guy beating up Dreglings until he gets his butt handed to him by a Gold Skeleton and the Dragon God." In fact, the only thing I can think of that's purely sword-fighting would be Master Yi vs Katarina at around 1:25 in the League of Legends cinematic trailer, and it only lasts for a few seconds :|

    I always preferred fist fights to sword fights truthfully and if you are looking for an anime that has good sword fights try Samurai Champloo or Ryouri Kenshin best sword fights ever

    Sponsored content


    Greatest Sword Fights Ever Empty Re: Greatest Sword Fights Ever

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Jun 14, 2024 2:02 am