Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Langoulk
Yesuurd
6 posters

I NEED HELP URGENT BAD!!! CONTROLLER ISSUES UNKNOWN!!!

Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

I NEED HELP URGENT BAD!!! CONTROLLER ISSUES UNKNOWN!!! Empty I NEED HELP URGENT BAD!!! CONTROLLER ISSUES UNKNOWN!!!

Post by Yesuurd Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:53 pm

Hi guys,

I posted about this earlier but no one could help, this started happening a while ago and now is out of control it happened when I was fighting Baal last night and right now fighting lamehero:

My controlers are fine I have 2 one original and one white I bought after, so here is what happens:

I am fighting and suddenly either my hands are empty as if I pressed the d-pad or sometimes I am just trying to roll and the controller attacks or does an R2 and let me emphazise IT IS HAPPENING WITH MY 2 CONTROLLERS so I cannot believe it is my controllers since I was only using the white one and the black
    has never been used playing dark souls it was put away and I took it out to test it, so I believe there is
    some issue with my system or my game is corrupted,PLEASE IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME FIGURE THIS OUT!!!

I can't find anything on the web related to this,thanks.
    Langoulk
    Langoulk
    Regular
    Regular

I NEED HELP URGENT BAD!!! CONTROLLER ISSUES UNKNOWN!!! Empty Re: I NEED HELP URGENT BAD!!! CONTROLLER ISSUES UNKNOWN!!!

Post by Langoulk Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:58 pm

Sorry to hear about this. IMO, if other weird things happen like this in other video games you have, then it's your controllers or PS3 port connections/wireless readability. Try using them with and without cords.

If it's only in Dark Souls, then it must be something with how your controllers read the game, or your save file is in some way corrupt.

I am in no way a professional and this is only what I would think of if it happened to me.

I'll try to do some research for you and help out some more.

Good luck!

OH, also...this happened to me with the game Borderlands. I had two different original controllers and in game it would randomly switch weapons, I couldn't open my inventory or anything, it was so annoying!

I just went out and bought a MadCat controller, which I don't suggest since they stick after awhile, but none the less, buying a brand new controller worked for me, but that should be something you do after you have tried everything else.

Last edited by Langoulk on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

I NEED HELP URGENT BAD!!! CONTROLLER ISSUES UNKNOWN!!! Empty Re: I NEED HELP URGENT BAD!!! CONTROLLER ISSUES UNKNOWN!!!

Post by Yesuurd Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:04 pm

Thanks I will test every possibility, wouldn't want to have to do something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cnXHaHw1qA&list=FLYR4Q8w9LGVVviwOX9fVRZg&index=2
    Langoulk
    Langoulk
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Langoulk Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:06 pm

I updated my post.

But yeah, taking apart things should always be a last resort. Google is your friend in this case.

Good luck.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:08 pm

I was focusing my searches solely on darksouls issues but I find many people have these issues playing different games, although why does it also happen with my brother's ps3 and his controller? I mean that's just crazy, 3 controllers in 2 different systems.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:11 pm

Sorry, I got to ask: I can't remember if you said (in your previous thread) that you also have issues with your controllers playing other games on your system, or is it just with Dark Souls?

And also a standard question: Does your system overheat sometimes maybe? Does the game lag (more than usual in this game)? Maybe this is relevant then, the game already got a bad input... system or how you call it (sorry for the poor english)

Just trying to do a part also...
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:31 pm

Yeah thanks, well my system doesn not overheat or run slow or crash and as I said this problem has happened to me using my brother's ps3 also, I don't know if the way I press
    the keys has something to do with it, I mean if I do fast button presses but it can't be since I have never had the problem before, maybe bluetooth devices like my mouse can interfere with the controllers, I will also test playing with my BT mouse on and off cuz it was on right now...
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:36 pm

I read that if you insert a clip into a little hole on the back it resets the sync, I did that now and will test with Joocy if this fixed problem.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:45 pm

FWIW I have 4 wireless PS3 controllers of varying ages, and all have problems with Dark Souls. Usually it is random rolling - you're switching weapons, changing direction, or even running in a straight line and you instead roll in a random direction. I've been trying to repeat it consistently to see what is causing it, and you can sometimes duplicate it if you rest quickly at a bonfire (rest and get back up immediately) and then immediately try some other commands. It can also be done sometimes if you mix a bunch of attacks and rolls; when you later try to move you instead have a delayed roll kick in. My issues are not gamebreaking, but they are frequent and occur across all four controllers. I have never noticed any input issues with other games with these controllers (including demon's souls).
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:40 pm

Ok so controller is working well after resetting it with a clip, so if anyone has this problem someday maybe that is the fix and he can read this thread, wouldn't wish this to anyone, althought I will see if it truly is fixed over the next hours.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:41 pm

befowler wrote:FWIW I have 4 wireless PS3 controllers of varying ages, and all have problems with Dark Souls. Usually it is random rolling - you're switching weapons, changing direction, or even running in a straight line and you instead roll in a random direction. I've been trying to repeat it consistently to see what is causing it, and you can sometimes duplicate it if you rest quickly at a bonfire (rest and get back up immediately) and then immediately try some other commands. It can also be done sometimes if you mix a bunch of attacks and rolls; when you later try to move you instead have a delayed roll kick in. My issues are not gamebreaking, but they are frequent and occur across all four controllers. I have never noticed any input issues with other games with these controllers (including demon's souls).

Atlast someone in my club, a bad club indeed but hey...did you try the reset button with clip like I did?
    Let me know...
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:07 pm

Very glad you finally got it fixed Yesuurd!

My only problem I have with my controller when playing Dark Souls is that sometimes when I press R1 the character does nothing, and then after I give another input (a button input, not an analog... thing... movement...) the game triggers the action together with the one it it didn't before... Hope I described that right lol. But I heard that this is just a general problem with the game. It's also doesn't really matter that much. It happens mostly when I poke from behind my shield, I guess because then I tend to press R1 too hasty.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:12 pm

Thanks Darkson, been playing a while and all seems well...try resetting it like me, you never know.Will post if anything else happens so we can track this problem.
    Sunbro4evar
    Sunbro4evar
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sunbro4evar Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:14 am

Glad to see you (hopefully) found a fix! But something similar happens to me except when i plug in any of my controllers (most of which are new) to charge it turns off suddenly and quite frequently. They need to fix these damn controllers especially with the price these thing have on 'em. :x
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:20 am

Yeah man, try doing what I did also maybe it works! Hey hope to see some of you tonight at FC, that will be my ultimate test for the controller happy thank you all for being interested in helping me, much appreciated.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:37 am

Yesuurd wrote:Hi guys,

I posted about this earlier but no one could help, this started happening a while ago and now is out of control it happened when I was fighting Baal last night and right now fighting lamehero:

My controlers are fine I have 2 one original and one white I bought after, so here is what happens:

I am fighting and suddenly either my hands are empty as if I pressed the d-pad or sometimes I am just trying to roll and the controller attacks or does an R2 and let me emphazise IT IS HAPPENING WITH MY 2 CONTROLLERS so I cannot believe it is my controllers since I was only using the white one and the black
    has never been used playing dark souls it was put away and I took it out to test it, so I believe there is
    some issue with my system or my game is corrupted,PLEASE IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME FIGURE THIS OUT!!!

I can't find anything on the web related to this,thanks.

Happened to me too, but it was BECAUSE of my controller, I bought a new one and it's fine. But remember that Dark Souls has some input problems, like sometimes when you press O to roll nothing happens, and then 3 seconds after you roll without you touching anything, sometimes it has some delay, sometimes the delay is ridiculous and can get you killed, but I don't know of other problems.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 4:17 pm