Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

New Londo Ruins

Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

New Londo Ruins Empty New Londo Ruins

Post by Akatik Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:40 am

I'm still in the middle of my first playthrough. Another game distracted me for about a month and I'm coming back to Dark Souls to finish and possibly 100% the game.

I'm SL 71 and I'm at the part of the game where I need to get the lord souls. I first went to Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith. Now, I need to decide where to go next. I'm thinking of going to the New Londo Ruins because I still want to level up my Gravelord covenant and I don't really feel like messing around with curse status in Dukes/Crystal cave.

So, you can only damage Ghosts in the ruins when you're cursed or are using the transient curse item..right? But you still can't block? My Cleric turned into a Black Iron wearing, great sword swinging, great shield bashing behemoth. I'm a little concerned about not being able to block, do I just poke the ghosts at range? I can probably take a few more hits than most other characters due to my current tank build.

What's the best tactic to use against these ghosts? Dodge and poke, or just run through?
    k0rruptid
    k0rruptid
    Addicted
    Addicted

New Londo Ruins Empty Re: New Londo Ruins

Post by k0rruptid Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:42 am

pretty sure you can block against ghosts when using the transient curses. best way to get the curses is probably from the ghosts, so get as much item discovery as possible and farm a few. if you need any more that is.
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:44 am

Great sig btw.

You can block the ghosts? Well, I must of gotten the wrong information. That changes everything.
    xXDaemonarchXx
    xXDaemonarchXx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xXDaemonarchXx Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:46 am

With the transient curse item u can hit the ghosts, also a GS will own them at 70+ so your good to go swinging. Just keep your curse item in your little window so when it stops being greyed out you can reuse it.
    k0rruptid
    k0rruptid
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by k0rruptid Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:46 am

i did new londo yesterday and definatly did block against a ghost. i think maybe you cant block if you dont use a transient curse.
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:48 am

My great sword btw is the Greatsword of Artorias if that makes a difference happy.
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:51 am

You can definately block the ghosts with transient curse and you can find 3 which will get you to the rooftop to purchase more. As for your sword - it needs to be the cursed version to hit ghosts, or a jagged ghost blade will work
    Robotech
    Robotech
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Robotech Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:52 am

i can confirm that too, you can block

perhaps there is some confusion with a move that the ghosts do, when they extend their arms around you... i think this is not blockable because they slash you from behind... NOT sure though!
    Robotech
    Robotech
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Robotech Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:52 am

i can confirm that too, you can block

perhaps there is some confusion with a move that the ghosts do, when they extend their arms around you... i think this is not blockable because they slash you from behind... NOT sure though!
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:54 am

Wait, I thought that the only way you can hit/block the ghosts is when you are cursed. You don't really need a cursed weapon to do so.

But using a ghost blade will allow you to hit the ghosts but not be able to block them when you're not cursed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 9:51 pm