Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
FruitPunchNinja
PlasticandRage
User
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
BLA1NE
JoocyJ003
Hylian
Rynoa
Zechk
Railage
mugenis4real
BartholomewWenceslas
DoughGuy
RANT
Forum Pirate
skarekrow13
Whknight
SlakeMoth
WyrmHero
Tolvo
Maneater_Mildred
Yarxov
ChizFreak
27 posters

The Most Powerful/Annoying/Deadly enemy in the game are.......

DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

The Most Powerful/Annoying/Deadly enemy in the game are....... - Page 2 Empty Re: The Most Powerful/Annoying/Deadly enemy in the game are.......

Post by DoughGuy Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:03 am

Zechk wrote:I think most people have covered my choices in terms of 'tough' enemies. In terms of annoying though, the toxic raspberry men in the painted world get a special mention. And the harpies come to think of it with their 'imma sit on yo face and stab yo in the chest for half an hour' attack.

OH YES. My most recent char would get toxiced every time I killed one of those rasberry men. Most annoying thing. I ended up sprinting thorugh the painted world to avoid it.
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

The Most Powerful/Annoying/Deadly enemy in the game are....... - Page 2 Empty Re: The Most Powerful/Annoying/Deadly enemy in the game are.......

Post by Rynoa Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:13 am

Mushrooms, clams and bonewheel.

I wish I could say "a giant dragon" because "damn those mushrooms/clams/mosquitos" doesn't sound like an epic game at all big grin
    Btw, the red dragon with a melee character is pretty hard too, especially in NG+.

I personally just HATE the 2 butchers - not because they're difficult, but.. I don't know, may be the noises they make or the sack, I just get shivers everytime I go down in the depths and until I kill them both I just think "I hate this place I hate this place..."
    Hylian
    Hylian
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Hylian Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:35 am

the titanite demons on ng+.... if you tank them you can feel their skin, its like a rock, better to use great lightning spear or soul spear
    JoocyJ003
    Casual
    Casual

Post by JoocyJ003 Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:45 pm

BP Stone Giants in darkroot garden. They can be very tough without magic.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:06 pm

ChizFreak wrote:Cliffs.
    Agreed. But, more specifically, invisible cliffs--ie: THE BLUE SLAB. :x
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:12 pm

bp anything, they will kill you and guard your bloodstain. despair until you defeat their source. in particular bp skellie dogs are hell spawn and they attack in packs.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:17 pm

Railage wrote:The NPC Bandit in the Forest, I swear he's more talented than most of the people who invade me.

Example:

Just running to grab my souls, then I aggro him. Pfft NPC no problem, kick, two handed attack twice, dead. Son of B----!!
    Finally someone sees how this damn Bandit is actually tough!
    If you miss the Riposte he hits me for half my health (Light armor ftw I guess?)
    Lately he hasn't given me many problems but one mistake and you're dead.

Last edited by Yarxov on Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:18 pm

You should see Shiva on NG++
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:25 pm

Why would you fight Shiva on NG++? Kill him in NG for the ring and then you're done with it.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:26 pm

Just to see how dangerous he was, he killed me. Dead angled me to death, and as I ran to flask he did the running R1 then stunlocked me, a fricking NPC!
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:25 pm

The forest NPCs are among the easiest mobs in the game to parry, though... Except the cleric one--he's very annoying to parry. Those damn mace wielders, him and Petrus. The mace has practically identical attacks that have different strike speeds. So you think he's doing his fast attack, parry too soon, get hit by his slow attack; then think he's going for his slow attack and get hit in the face by a quick hit. Look Skyward Good thing their maces aren't very strong. The forest one will heal all his buddies to full health faster than you can stop him, too. In my opinion, he's the worst NPC in there.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:26 pm

Trees. In general, trees. Ents don't count, they're enchanted bushes.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:27 pm

My only complaint about the cleric is his shield. Why the hell does that little thing repel my attacks when so many other shields do not?
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:38 pm

Now that you mention it... Does that shield have a higher deflection rating than others its size? That would be something worth noting. The wiki lists it the same as other regular shields, but maybe we should test it.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:39 pm

Blain, when I was killing them to make a toon a FH last night I was actually wondering the same thing.
    Railage
    Railage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Railage Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:58 pm

I've gotten into the habit of unequipping my Rapier and just kicking the Cleric off the edge.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:00 pm

Hmm... Well the wiki lists it as medium, same as every other regular sized shield other than the Iron Round, which is heavy. I find it a bit hard to conceive that it would have heavy deflection though. Maybe it's just deceiving because it looks like a small shield, but it's really a regular one.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:05 pm

Black phantom giant four-legged skeleton things in the tomb. I have never managed to kill one with any build. I always end up getting charged and either dodging off a cliff or just straight getting nailed and usually killed.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:13 pm

Tolvo wrote:Just to see how dangerous he was, he killed me. Dead angled me to death, and as I ran to flask he did the running R1 then stunlocked me, a fricking NPC!

tolvo if you are evenly matched with the npcs or underpowerd they are surprisingly strong. i know hes a favorite of yours so you might have tryed this. when you first start a game attack the crestfallen warrior with your starting gear only, im pretty good but dueling him without healing is pretty tuff(and fun)
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:15 pm

Yeah, one of my earliest mistakes in dark souls was attacking that warrior. I had to make a new character because I couldn't get out of Firelink haha. Now though, I can just parry riposte him to death. But at the start, he's tougher than the Taurus demon if you ask me.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:24 pm

I accidentally attacked Solaire on my first play through. I was kind of on a high from beating the Taurus Demon and I never use the interweb for my first plays of anything so I obviously didn't know who he was. I assumed he was an enemy that hadn't noticed me and I came out thinking I was all sneaky and going to backstab him. Turns out Solaire doesn't like being hit in the back very much.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:27 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:I accidentally attacked Solaire on my first play through. I was kind of on a high from beating the Taurus Demon and I never use the interweb for my first plays of anything so I obviously didn't know who he was. I assumed he was an enemy that hadn't noticed me and I came out thinking I was all sneaky and going to backstab him. Turns out Solaire doesn't like being hit in the back very much.

lol i did the same thing on my first playthrough, i just ran away then i found out about oswald and i absolved my sins and we became friends again......untill i killed him in the sunlight altar cause i wanted his gear.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:30 pm

Imagine if you could attack Iron Tarkus, holy ****. A new player doing that, boned. Imagine if he was right before Oswald as well haha.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:33 pm

RantFromRant wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:I accidentally attacked Solaire on my first play through. I was kind of on a high from beating the Taurus Demon and I never use the interweb for my first plays of anything so I obviously didn't know who he was. I assumed he was an enemy that hadn't noticed me and I came out thinking I was all sneaky and going to backstab him. Turns out Solaire doesn't like being hit in the back very much.

lol i did the same thing on my first playthrough, i just ran away then i found out about oswald and i absolved my sins and we became friends again......untill i killed him in the sunlight altar cause i wanted his gear.

Yeah I kind of screwed the pooch on that one in one fell swoop. I tried to go toe to toe with him, which for a noob obviously didn't work out so well, so I ended up running away down the bridge right into the dragon. Solaire of course chased me and the dragon grilled us like fried chicken.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:38 pm

Tolvo wrote:Yeah, one of my earliest mistakes in dark souls was attacking that warrior. I had to make a new character because I couldn't get out of Firelink haha. Now though, I can just parry riposte him to death. But at the start, he's tougher than the Taurus demon if you ask me.

idk, with a base schimitar i had to parry him almost 15 times and it wasnt easy. also hes a lot smarter then you would think getting one parry in is easy but he switches up his attacks. also he can parry you and does. try it just start a new character and fight him right when you get to lordan and DONT heal or lvl up. its a challenge and im pretty good at pvp i almost always win 70% of my fights. also his hp is very high i would say its close to 800hp or more and his longsword seems to be equal to a +10.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:45 am