Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Build suggestions.

Shungi
    Shungi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Build suggestions. Empty Build suggestions.

Post by Shungi Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:14 pm

So I'm in currently leveling my new magic/melee character (aiming for 120 pvp), but now I'm having trouble finishing it. So I could use some suggestions from you guys, please share your thoughts about how you would do it.

Here's what I have so far:
    http://darksouls.itsthatguy.com/?c=UHlyb21hbmNlciwxMDYsNDAsMTksNDAsMTYsMTAsMTIsNDQsOA==

So thats 14stat points left to distribute.

Currently using Moonlight GS and liking it so far, but was thinking of maybe adding 10p to Str for MSGS/Large club to use with cmw.
    My other choice is raising Dex to 16 for a faster off-hand like Velka.
    Other then the Dex/Str dilemma the rest of the points probly will go into vit/att. Some of you will probly suggest 50int, but I'm not really sure that White dragon breath is worth it.

So, what say you?
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Build suggestions. Empty Re: Build suggestions.

Post by Carphil Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:18 pm

The White dragon breath has a slow casting time, I say is better with DEX INT builds than STR INT builds. With 50 INT, however, you can use the Logan's catalyst, best in game if you don't like the TCC.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:29 pm

I'd put 4 into Att for 6 spell slots. I'm REALLY digging the Moonlight great sword for my int build, so it's up to you if you like something else. I think TCC scales up to 50 int, so if you think you may ever want to switch you might want to look into that. I also like Velka's as a weapon, so Dex to 16 is a must for me, plus it opens up other possibilities in terms of bows.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:09 pm

If you're using Logan's, stop at 45 Int.
    If you're using TCC, stop anywhere you like but don't go past 50.

Other than that... It's mostly personal. The weapon choice is up to you. Then plan your stats around it. If you haven't gone the Str route yet, then I would suggest you go Dex instead. Like Carp said, to speed up casting time. I'm still unsure if this has been confirmed to speed sorcery casting as well though... but either way, faster weapons benefit more from CMW. And I'd recommend you lowed End, and put more points into Att.

Last suggestion: place your catalyst in your off hand, and your melee weapon in your main hand. You need to do that to CMW anyways! But I'm just saying this since you mentioned putting Velka's in your off-hand, so I'm not sure if you meant as a back-up melee weapon or as your main melee with your catalyst in right hand...
    Shungi
    Shungi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Shungi Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:41 pm

@aceluby yeah I really like it too, the projectile thingy as well happy

@BLA1NE As I intended to use Moonlight GS I dont see why I should lower End? If I only used dex weapons sure they dont require that much stamina, but wouldnt it be good to have 40 end for MLGS?
    I raised Att to 23 for now, dont think I'll need more since this isnt a real pure mage build?

Yes maybe I wasnt really clear on that, I meant RH1 MLGS, RH2 Velkas (to mix things up), shield and catalyst in LH's. Tho currently I have Pyro+5 in RH2.

Is putting point into Dex really worth it for the casting time? Havent really used magic much in pvp unless a few times in Painted world. Its pretty narrow areas there so sure magic works great there but in larger places like Kiln or AL does it really help much with a few points more in dex for reduced casting time?
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:05 pm

If you're not going to go the Dex route for your weapon then I'd say no, don't spend points in the stat just for faster casting. Like I said, I don't even know if it speeds up casting at all for sorceries, but other users have claimed that at 40-45 dex it makes a noticeable difference. That's too many points for a build that isn't using Dex in any other way!

23 Att/ 40 End is probably good enough if you really want to go the split mage/ melee route. Unless you stun-lock your opponent I don't really see how you would need all that stamina in PvP, but it won't hurt to have either.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 14, 2024 6:45 pm