Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
RANT
Gol
WyrmHero
7 posters

Black Knight Great Axe questions

WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Black Knight Great Axe questions Empty Black Knight Great Axe questions

Post by WyrmHero Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:31 pm

After making various builds I still don't know why people use the Black Knight Great Axe to fish for BS. You can't buff it, you need to waste 18 dexterity that has 'E' scaling, and has only a 'B' scaling in strength. Do people even consider this? I don't know why they use it for BS, it doesn't even have critical damage. What am I missing?
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Black Knight Great Axe questions Empty Re: Black Knight Great Axe questions

Post by Gol Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:45 pm

Why are they fishin for BS with a Zwei ?
    Why are they fishin for BS with a Claymore ?
    Why are they fishin for BS with a great club ?

Why are they fishin for BS with almost every weapon ?

Because they're ******* and they have no skill.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:53 pm

Hahaha you are right. But most BS fishers use those weapons as elemental, so they can be somewhat powerful. But the BKGA....I don't know what's the thingy with it. Also if I were a BS fisher, I'd use buffed SLB, DMB, CMW Demon Great Hammer/Axe/Machete and BS the hell out of them.
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gol Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:59 pm

Because the wep is "OP".
    If there's a weapon in this game that requires no skill, it's this one, you can dead angle with that thing like you would get rid of that speck of dust on your shirt.
    It's a Great Axe with the same moveset as a greatsword, it has a long range and with lag... well, it's like the rang was increased by 2.

Those are the reason, when they can't kill you via BS they're gonna spam R1, hoping that luck will play for them.

But honestly, it's the easiest weapon to parry, when I see a BKGA I parry and roll backwards and I do it again and again, just to show them that we're not on the same level.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:09 pm

because along with the claymore it is considered to be the noobtube of dark souls, they're very easy to use and deal a lot of damage, specially the bkga, it has the speed of a battle axe(if not faster, it does have that pause before it swings with the rh r1) and the damage of a great axe. i personally never bothered using it much execpt with my very first build which is my all around build i used to test all the weapons in the game, and afteer trying all kinds of builds i stayed with str/fai builds and i always have 8 dex in all of my builds. it is also very easy to parry, psecially the r1 attack and it is not a good weapon for pvp, specially if you go against some that's decent.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:02 pm

The 2H BKGA is much more difficult to parry though. But, both are easy to roll BS.
    raphael1019

Post by raphael1019 Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:53 am

Seriously
    people who don't know how to counter BS is noob, not the BS fisher
    and to answer your question
    BKGA do decent BS damage, with hornet ring, it does arround 1300-1500, and arround 1000 without the ring. the only un-enchant weapon that beats BKGA would be a chaos great axe
    However, the great axe is completely unless other than BSing
    Why do BKGA user go for a BS? its because nearly all movement of this weapon is easy to punish by roll BS. Therefore, BKGA user can't just spam R1 and roll away like katana user and spear user
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:35 am

It's a weapon with a simple move set, high damage, and decent range. So it's commonly seen, I've noticed lately a lot of my fellow hunters are using the Murakumo as well. Though I like to think Broke and I started a trend. 8)

The BKGA can actually be used well if you know how to Dead angle properly with it which is a very easy thing to learn really, I sometimes use it when I cosplay as a BK, but I tend to stick more with the Great Sword and Ultra Great Sword weapons they wield.
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:28 pm

WyrmHero wrote:After making various builds I still don't know why people use the Black Knight Great Axe to fish for BS. You can't buff it, you need to waste 18 dexterity that has 'E' scaling, and has only a 'B' scaling in strength. Do people even consider this? I don't know why they use it for BS, it doesn't even have critical damage. What am I missing?

Wyrm,

It is really powerful 2h if you know how to use it. Let's spar sometime and I will show you how powerful it can be even without bs. And timing is everything to avoid parrys. Roll r1 is just too easy to parry so I hardly use it anymore.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:04 am