Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
FruitPunchNinja
Yukon
Darkson
Bawheidbob
ViralEnsign_
Reaperfan
Maneater_Mildred
CrackSouls
WyrmHero
Gravelord hunter
14 posters

My little pony?

Gravelord hunter
    Gravelord hunter
    Casual
    Casual

My little pony? Empty My little pony?

Post by Gravelord hunter Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:27 am

Let me just start off by saying I am a fan of MLP, however HOW can you combine friendship & magic with darkwraiths & demons?? I don't know if the moderators are trying to take the forums into a more friendly atmosphere or what, but it is with great sadness that I can no longer be a member of this forum I know that means little to everyone, especially since I've hardly even been here a month. But I cannot for the life of me support a union between what i consider to be the innocence and pure goodness which is MLP and the darkness and complete annihilation (of your enemies) which i associate with Darksouls.

So it is with a deep sorrow that I must say goodbye, and apologize to any members of the forums and bronies alike who this may offend but I felt a responsibility to voice my opinion.

If anyone is still interested in dueling or just chating up darksouls please feel free to add me psn: TouchyTouchy

goodbye & goodluck to the entire forum community. sad
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

My little pony? Empty Re: My little pony?

Post by WyrmHero Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:30 am

Yeah right, why you didn't say DARK Ponies hm????
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:36 am

I sincerely hope your doing this post as your own April Fool's. I laughed at first, thinking it was sarcasm, but reading closer it seems like you actually don't get the joke...?
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:36 am

You do know this is april fools day right?
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:37 am

Gravelord hunter wrote:Let me just start off by saying I am a fan of MLP, however HOW can you combine friendship & magic with darkwraiths & demons?? I don't know if the moderators are trying to take the forums into a more friendly atmosphere or what, but it is with great sadness that I can no longer be a member of this forum I know that means little to everyone, especially since I've hardly even been here a month. But I cannot for the life of me support a union between what i consider to be the innocence and pure goodness which is MLP and the darkness and complete annihilation (of your enemies) which i associate with Darksouls.

So it is with a deep sorrow that I must say goodbye, and apologize to any members of the forums and bronies alike who this may offend but I felt a responsibility to voice my opinion.

If anyone is still interested in dueling or just chating up darksouls please feel free to add me psn: TouchyTouchy

goodbye & goodluck to the entire forum community. sad

You realize there's a 99.9(repeating)% chance that it's an April Fools thing? As much as some of us would love the combination of two subcultures, it probably won't last more than today :|
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:00 am

Its a damn shame that some Dark Soulers can see the light that is My Little pony after slogging it through Sens or the Tomb of the Giants, and lets not forget Blighttown.

Even if it was and April Fools thing it was pretty funny when I refreshed the page and there were ponies staring back at me. That was enough for a double or even triple take.
    Gravelord hunter
    Gravelord hunter
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Gravelord hunter Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:27 pm

I feel like an idiot sad it was late last night alright!!! I logged on and see ponies I was confused!! I may just have 2 actually leave forums now from sheer embarrassment
    Bawheidbob
    Bawheidbob
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Bawheidbob Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:32 pm

lol
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:44 pm

DON'T YOU DO THAT! My little pony? 3477152822

At the first moment I also thought they could be serious about it, lol took me a few seconds to realize what date it is, still I was not sure if it's just a joke, giving how many ponies I already saw here before lol. But just thinking about the unbelievable fact that they made it to a Dark Ponies forum made me think that this just has to be a April Fool's joke lol
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:51 pm

Guys. Spirit of Vengeance TouchyTouchy has invaded. And you were all slaughtered by his superior april fools-ing.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:58 pm

It's funny when you think about how much contrast there is between DkS and MLP happy

My little pony? 3879530916My little pony? 3423707751My little pony? 3574240038
    My little pony? 2588607969My little pony? 2203071648My little pony? 2826790755
    My little pony? 3063782546 Yo what the hell are these creatures???
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:22 pm

oh god..... i thought reaper hacked the forum site when i logged in. you are all free to have your own opinions but i dont see why grown men or women would watch my little pony.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:46 pm

Don't be so intolerant! ---------------------------------------------------------------------->
    BartholomewWenceslas
    BartholomewWenceslas
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BartholomewWenceslas Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:55 pm

I'm with FruitPunchNinja. Also, don't feel like you were the only one who fell for it. I got on last night and didn't realize what was going on until I saw Mildred's post in the main thread about April fools :oops:
    Klosterheim
    Klosterheim
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Klosterheim Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:10 pm

I am on the west coast in the US and I was still in March 31st mode. I thought you guys were ... I am not sure I knew what you guys were doing.

That being said, I just got punked by my wife on a totally separate issue, so apparently I am just not very good at April 1st in general.

I am going to go hide in a cave until this day blows over.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:56 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:oh god..... i thought reaper hacked the forum site when i logged in. you are all free to have your own opinions but i dont see why grown men or women would watch my little pony.

Self-quoting from another thread, so hopefull this helps:

Reaperfan wrote:The main issue roots down to a very specific shift in creative direction when Friendship is Magic was created. Specifically this relates to the fact that the new director attempted to make the show enjoyable not only to the sterotypical little girls known to watch previous iterations of the My Little Pony franchise, but also to their parents. Since she realized that they would probably at some point have to sit down and watch the show with their kid, she didn't want them to have to hate sharing time with their kids by doing what previous seasons had done and form the content of each episode only to appeal to the sterotypical little girls. This is where the important matter lies; Friendship is Magic was designed to be a family show, not just a young girls show.

Now on to the more specific matters, making it a family show means it has content enjoyable to adults, but may be over the younger audience members' heads. For several good examples, this is something that almost defines the animated Disney classics such as Lion King and Beauty and the Beast. Now appealing to adults also means it will have content that appeals not only to the mothers watching the show, but also the fathers, and this is where the brony phenomenon begins. If the show was made to be enjoyed by 20/30-something year old fathers, does it not stand to reason that 20/30-something year old single men might also find the same content appealing, and by extension any man?

Alot of what makes the emergence of the Bronies as big of a phenomenon as it is is because of the previous mentality of "omg little girls stuff sucks" being shattered in the eyes of of the audience. The reason there isn't some huge explosion of Adventure Time or Regular Show communities (currently the two other most recently addressed animated series along with Friendship is Magic) is because they didn't do anything special in the eyes of their audience. While both of these shows, along with Friendship is Magic, are very high quality overall cartoon series, Adventure Time and Regular Show didn't break any molds and cater to a predominately male audience, so of course nobody is going to say that grown men watching them is odd, while grown men watching Friendship is Magic is going to seem outlandish because of the misconception that this iteration will follow its franchise's roots as a little girl's show. Breaking past this misconception and "awakening" to the idea that you can't take things at face value is what caused the original bronies to spread the word, exponentially compounding this growth as each new member felt the same "awakening."

As to what elemtents specifically make us enjoy Friendship is Magic so much can typically be said of any other worthwhile animated TV series. It has a strong sense of humor, with a well-defined and relatable cast of characters, with messages that resonate with the audience without being heavy-handed in their delivery. We enjoy shows such as Dexter's Laboratory, Ed, Edd, and Eddy, Hey Arnold, The Fairly Oddparents, and Phineas and Ferb for exactly these same reasons, so why should Friendship is Magic be considered less respectable or enjoyable simply because it has the title My Little Pony in it? When you learn to accept this idea, and look past the misconception that certain shows are restricted to only be enjoyed by their specific target audiences, then you will come to understand the Brony phenomenon.

TL;DR: I promised an essay didn't I? Now stop reading this and read the actual post you lazy bum silly
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:08 pm

I was under the impression that bronies liked the MLP series in its entirety, this clears up a lot. I didn't know the whole community was just watching this newest series.

That said, regardless people can like what they want. The problem we have is that todays society likes to think cartoons and videogames are still JUST for kids. But they aren't, not really. You can have shows like Dora the explorer, which are clearly very direct in their audience, shows like Ren and Stimpy that are directed at older teens and adults, but then you can have series that are meant to be enjoyed by whoever is watching them.

I haven't personally sat down and watched MLP, I don't like horses and I thin the art is lacking-- atleast its not my style. I just found your post very informative reaper, I wasnt aware it was a single series fandom.

I always found it strange the world is full of Tomboys, but if the situation is flipped it is just wrong in everyones eyes. The gender expectations we have in place can be a little suffocating. Personally I find MLP to be within that suffocating girl stereotype that I refuse to accept, thats another reason I haven't touched it, but thats just who I am. Never been a barbie kid. Similarly I know a lot of males who refuse to admit watching or every liking disney. But now my message is getting confused and I don't know where I am going.
    Nate the Great

Post by Nate the Great Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:33 pm

this is awesome, however when i logged in then all the ponies disappeared. where dey go?

i think we should keep the forum theme like this. looks great!
    Gravelord hunter
    Gravelord hunter
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Gravelord hunter Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:08 am

I'll be honest I miss the ponies 2 sad
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:51 am

Gravelord hunter wrote:I'll be honest I miss the ponies 2 sad

Oh my god someone I never thought I'd hear say that. You secretly a bronie?
    Gravelord hunter
    Gravelord hunter
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Gravelord hunter Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:08 am

Yeah i am! i said originally that i was a fan of MLP lol
    Zechk
    Zechk

Post by Zechk Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:11 am

Tempted as I am to leave this in the busiest part of the forum because its funny, Ponies go in off topic now sadly.

Ta Muchly

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:34 pm