Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
RANT
Saturnine Knight
ErrJon6661
BartholomewWenceslas
callipygias
ChizFreak
Remoryu
Doelker
ARSP
aceluby
WyrmHero
CrackSouls
reim0027
djgq42
18 posters

griefers- an endangered species?

djgq42
    djgq42
    Addicted
    Addicted

griefers- an endangered species? Empty griefers- an endangered species?

Post by djgq42 Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:20 pm

i have just started invading other players recently as a dw in order to become better at pvp. i gave it a shot in the depths, concerned that i might be griefing some newbs with my +5 chaos gargoyle halberd and +5 lightning uchi. what i found after maybe 6-10 invasions was that everyone was comparably, or in some cases, better equipped that i was. that makes me wonder if maybe griefing has been marginalized by the bb glitch? opinons?
    reim0027
    reim0027

griefers- an endangered species? Empty Re: griefers- an endangered species?

Post by reim0027 Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:26 pm

I sure hope griefers are becoming endangered. The bb glitch does serve as an equalizer, which is nice. Hopefully, these jackwagons will be a bit more afraid of low level griefing. That'd make my day.
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:07 pm

reim0027 wrote:I sure hope griefers are becoming endangered. The bb glitch does serve as an equalizer, which is nice. Hopefully, these jackwagons will be a bit more afraid of low level griefing. That'd make my day.

I agree wholeheartedly.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:10 pm

YESSSSSSSS
    djgq42
    djgq42
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by djgq42 Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:13 pm

i have also seen considerably less in the burg and parish as well. i am hoping that it really is a wholesale change as i want to avoid unintentionally griefing anyone in the future.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:19 pm

You don't become better at PvP by invading in the depths w/ maxed out lightning and chaos gear, in fact, it's the definitive griefer. If anything posts like this say it's ok to grief lower levels because everybody is BB glitching. We're not, and I feel this post teeters on the line of promoting the glitch.

The way to combat griefers is the same way you combat any troll... you don't feed into what they want. Stay hollow, play offline, keep the amount of people they can invade to a minimum and they will go away.
    ARSP
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ARSP Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:23 pm

Continued from aceluby Then the only people they can invade are guys just as decked out as they are
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:24 pm

aceluby wrote:The way to combat griefers is the same way you combat any troll... you don't feed into what they want. Stay hollow, play offline, keep the amount of people they can invade to a minimum and they will go away.
    Unfortunately, that is also a good way to kill PvE as well. Unless you are just talking about the Burg. That's a bit different.
    djgq42
    djgq42
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by djgq42 Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:28 pm

aceluby wrote:You don't become better at PvP by invading in the depths w/ maxed out lightning and chaos gear, in fact, it's the definitive griefer. If anything posts like this say it's ok to grief lower levels because everybody is BB glitching. We're not, and I feel this post teeters on the line of promoting the glitch.

The way to combat griefers is the same way you combat any troll... you don't feed into what they want. Stay hollow, play offline, keep the amount of people they can invade to a minimum and they will go away.

wasn't making a judgement call either way, just noticed a change in online portion of the game. and i invaded to see what it was like (which i already stated) and ended up not griefing anyone.

Last edited by djgq42 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:31 pm

reim0027 wrote:
    aceluby wrote:The way to combat griefers is the same way you combat any troll... you don't feed into what they want. Stay hollow, play offline, keep the amount of people they can invade to a minimum and they will go away.
    Unfortunately, that is also a good way to kill PvE as well. Unless you are just talking about the Burg. That's a bit different.

You know what else kills PvE... getting ganked by some guy w/ maxed out lightning and chaos weapons in the Parish or depths.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:36 pm

That's true. Fortunately, griefers eventually get bored and move on to the next game.
    djgq42
    djgq42
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by djgq42 Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:38 pm

aceluby wrote:
    reim0027 wrote:

You know what else kills PvE... getting ganked by some guy w/ maxed out lightning and chaos weapons in the Parish or depths.

i tend to respect your opinion, but in this case you only read the parts that lent themselves to your outrage. i decided to give invading a try and was concerned that i might end up griefing someone but that didn't happen. in fact i usually ended up in a 2 or 3 v 1 with comparably equipped players.
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:02 pm

I never used the bb glitch and actually never will. I love to see my toon grow and understand the improvement with every point spent on its stats. I do a lot of PvE.
    I like to help newbies through the level, pointing them the good loot, and help when he or she seems in trouble.
    Actually, in the depths, I always take them to the part where kirk invades, so they can get its stuff later (a lot of people miss that invasion spot).
    It is sad to see other invaders with full darkwraith armor, lightning uchis, and WoTG trolling the new people.
    Sometimes we get to kill the invader, but must of the time the host and I get killed because of WoTG spamming (so low and cheap, they don't even fight with a sword).
    Right now I am helping in anor londo... The sadest part, my toon sl 45 int build, summoned by a guy with full ornstain armor, dss + 5 (fully upgraded), asking for help to kill O & S.
    For a moment I thought it could be a low level ng + run, but it wasn't. He was still on NG.
    Remoryu
    Remoryu
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Remoryu Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:05 pm

Not too long ago, I had a guy (presumably) invade me in the Parish in what looked like full Xanthous (or at the very least that obnoxious headpiece). I had to be no higher than SL15, so I pretty much expected to explode when the guy so much as sneezed. Nevertheless, I bowed before the fight.

To my surprise, the person returned the gesture and gave me a boatload of random items, including (but not limited to) a Demon Spear+5, full Gwyn and Gwnydolyn, copious amounts of souls and humanity, and a Sunlight Maggot. After that, the person ran at me with fists. We plinked each other for two damage for a good forty five seconds before the guy went home.

That was the last class act I've seen during this playthrough. Since then, I've gotten invaded in each area leading up to Sen's Fortress, at least three times per area. All but two of them had modded Shotels. That Demon Spear was the only reason I stood a chance against any of them, so if the person that helped me frequents these boards, I am forever in your debt.

Anyhow. My little unlucky streak has been with me since as recently as yesterday, over the course of about a week. If griefers are in short supply for the rest of you, I'll be more than happy to let you take some off my hands.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:09 pm

djgq42 wrote:i have just started invading other players recently as a dw in order to become better at pvp. i gave it a shot in the depths, concerned that i might be griefing some newbs with my +5 chaos gargoyle halberd and +5 lightning uchi. what i found after maybe 6-10 invasions was that everyone was comparably, or in some cases, better equipped that i was. that makes me wonder if maybe griefing has been marginalized by the bb glitch? opinons?

What lvl were you? With that equipment you probably are a high level, and thus you must be invading high level people.
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:14 pm

^ Its good to see that you got all that stuff from him, but imo, that breaks the game too. I think handling some humanities, moss or a +5 sword is a good help already.
    Maybe he intended to give you something to defend yourself with against griefers, but to me it aint helping either.
    One should earn that stuff by playing through the game and winning the boss battles.
    djgq42
    djgq42
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by djgq42 Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:17 pm

ChizFreak wrote:
    djgq42 wrote:i have just started invading other players recently as a dw in order to become better at pvp. i gave it a shot in the depths, concerned that i might be griefing some newbs with my +5 chaos gargoyle halberd and +5 lightning uchi. what i found after maybe 6-10 invasions was that everyone was comparably, or in some cases, better equipped that i was. that makes me wonder if maybe griefing has been marginalized by the bb glitch? opinons?

What lvl were you? With that equipment you probably are a high level, and thus you must be invading high level people.

35. actually i got the slab from a darkwraith to make the lightning uchi and the chaos ember (suicide run) and slab are pretty easy to get once the lordvessel is placed.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:26 pm

djgq42 wrote:
    ChizFreak wrote:

35. actually i got the slab from a darkwraith to make the lightning uchi and the chaos ember (suicide run) and slab are pretty easy to get once the lordvessel is placed.

Did you bb glitch? Anyway, it's not about testing with griefing equipment if there are people to grief or not (because they are all griefers).

In my opinion: No griefing it's not reducing itself, I get invaded by lots of people with griefing equipment.

And I don't agree with others' posts. The only true way to fight a griefer or a group of gankers it's nothing but fighting. No, you don't have to bow, but you can't pull off a Chaos Uchigatana +5 at the moment you invade 2 guys. Even if they are using high tier equipment. Always speaking at low levels of course.

lvl 45 and forth it's not griefing anymore.
    djgq42
    djgq42
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by djgq42 Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:32 pm

ChizFreak wrote:
    djgq42 wrote:
    ChizFreak wrote:

Did you bb glitch? Anyway, it's not about testing with griefing equipment if there are people to grief or not (because they are all griefers).

In my opinion: No griefing it's not reducing itself, I get invaded by lots of people with griefing equipment.

And I don't agree with others' posts. The only true way to fight a griefer or a group of gankers it's nothing but fighting. No, you don't have to bow, but you can't pull off a Chaos Uchigatana +5 at the moment you invade 2 guys. Even if they are using high tier equipment. Always speaking at low levels of course.

lvl 45 and forth it's not griefing anymore.

that's why i almost never invaded before and if i had gone against a newbie i would have felt bad about it. but no, i didn't glitch on this toon and i when i have in the past it was strictly for pve. pretty sure that there are ppl's who have gone through the entire game at t lower sl than 35.

with my loadout being what it is i am looking for areas where you would traditionally find players with similar eqp.

Last edited by djgq42 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:34 pm

I just don't have fun invading (other than invading areas where there usually are hosts). Either one of 2 things happen. I encounter a quester with 2 phantoms and get slaughtered. Or, I run into a solo quester and feel bad if I beat them.
    djgq42
    djgq42
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by djgq42 Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:36 pm

reim0027 wrote:I just don't have fun invading (other than invading areas where there usually are hosts). Either one of 2 things happen. I encounter a quester with 2 phantoms and get slaughtered. Or, I run into a solo quester and feel bad if I beat them.

so where did you get your pvp experience?
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:37 pm

I did PvP in the kiln before it turned into a dumping ground for trash. I did some organized PvP in the forest. I did/do PvP in the burg. Mainly, I do organized PvP in the FC.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:42 pm

djgq42 wrote:

that's why i almost never invaded before and if i had gone against a newbie i would have felt bad about it. but no, i didn't glitch on this toon and i when i have in the past it was strictly for pve. pretty sure that there are ppl's who have gone through the entire game at t lower sl than 35.

with my loadout being what it is i am looking for areas where traditionally i will find players with similar eqp.

Sorry, wasn't trying to accuse you or anything, it was curiosity. Anyway, you don't have to stop invading because you feel bad for killing new people, that's the way this game work remember? Learn from your mistakes. As long as you don't use elemental weapons on people who are lvl 1-35.

It's about your lvl, I could (not seriously) complete the game at Slvl 1 and equip me with full giants, havels ring and RoFaP, and use a lighting zweihander. The fact I got that equipment legally doesn't mean it's not griefing.

Griefing it's when you fight people, with equipment they are unable to acquire because of their lvl, current area, and skill. I can tell you no one completed this game at slvl 1 the first time they played it. Yes if you have a lot of skill you could beat the game at slvl 1 but, I bet that's not the first time you're playing it, you already know the secrets, places, exploits, bugs, glitches and position of hidden items blah blah blah.
    djgq42
    djgq42
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by djgq42 Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:48 pm

ChizFreak wrote:
    djgq42 wrote:

with my loadout being what it is i am looking for areas where traditionally i will find players with similar eqp.

Sorry, wasn't trying to accuse you or anything, it was curiosity. Anyway, you don't have to stop invading because you feel bad for killing new people, that's the way this game work remember? Learn from your mistakes. As long as you don't use elemental weapons on people who are lvl 1-35.

It's about your lvl, I could (not seriously) complete the game at Slvl 1 and equip me with full giants, havels ring and RoFaP, and use a lighting zweihander. The fact I got that equipment legally doesn't mean it's not griefing.

Griefing it's when you fight people, with equipment they are unable to acquire because of their lvl, current area, and skill. I can tell you no one completed this game at slvl 1 the first time they played it. Yes if you have a lot of skill you could beat the game at slvl 1 but, I bet that's not the first time you're playing it, you already know the secrets, places, exploits, bugs, glitches and position of hidden items blah blah blah.

lvl 1 is beyond my skills! but i do try to keep it under 40 for the first half at least to keep my co- op options open.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:55 pm

reim0027 wrote:I just don't have fun invading...Or, I run into a solo quester and feel bad if I beat them.
    +1!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 16, 2024 4:40 pm