Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
DoughGuy
TheAshenPhantom
deadagain
callipygias
Nccbd
Yarxov
FruitPunchNinja
befowler
Nate the Great
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
reim0027
BartholomewWenceslas
Wade_Wilson
Remoryu
18 posters

Strange Glitches

Remoryu
    Remoryu
    Casual
    Casual

Strange Glitches Empty Strange Glitches

Post by Remoryu Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:46 pm

Easy. This isn't meant to showcase glitches that give you advantages of any kind. I'm just trying to figure out what the hell happened to me while playing with a friend yesterday.

So we were going through Sen's Funhouse, with me hosting. After making it to the Balders, I get invaded. My friend doesn't see the message, or hear the sound. I know this because we were using Teamspeak to communicate, and I had to ask him why the hell he wasn't gearing up for the invader. He had no idea what I was talking about.

Turns out only I could see the guy, and the invader can only see me. They were able to hit each other if they managed to land a blind swing--but each hit would only do about twelve damage. We're talking what should be considered solid hits, without shield DR.

After the guy lagstabs me, I head back and resummon my friend. This time, though, I pick up another guy to come along for the ride--only this time, those two can't see each other. Both could see the inevitable black phantom that showed up, but that's it. Enemies that one would attack would be stuck in a random animation for the other, including the Iron Golem. This isn't even the first time something like this has happened to us during a Sen's run. Never seen it happen anywhere else, and we've run through a game and a half together already.

On top of this, we've both witnessed strange events like two boulders coming at us literally one after the other, or that one leaning man-serpent guarding Logan's wall not get hurt when we broke it (he just continued leaning on thin air, not giving a damn).

Has anyone encountered anything resembling this tomfoolery? Better yet, anyone know the cause?

Oh! One more thing. By complete accident, we've realized that friendly phantoms/hosts can parry each other's attacks. You can't riposte, but the parry animation definitely triggers if you can land it. Just thought that was interesting.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Strange Glitches Empty Re: Strange Glitches

Post by Wade_Wilson Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:55 pm

I once saw five boulders in a row. In. A. Row. I was too scared to complete Sens Fortress after that, so I buggered off to the catacombs. And yes, my game was messing up and freezing.
    BartholomewWenceslas
    BartholomewWenceslas
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BartholomewWenceslas Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:04 pm

I'm pretty sure the boulder problem is caused by lag because I've seen it in invasions before but it's never happened to me since I always run through sen's alone. The rest of the problems seem weird though, and I've never experienced any of it, but I have bad connection so I don't get invaded too often :|
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:07 pm

I have seen the invisible phantom glitch many times. And, I usually see a double boulder when I have a phantom with me. I haven't seen the serpent glitch though.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:17 pm

i have, you can walk right past him and free logan risk free....
    Nate the Great

Post by Nate the Great Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:51 pm

i have only encountered a couple glitches in this game, and they happened just recently no less.

1. a drake in the valley of drakes fell/flew away through the level and ended up dying for some easy souls

2. the rat in the aqueduct fell through the level after i killed him, and i think he might have dropped some humanity so i was bummed!

oh and i saw a floating user message somewhere.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:36 pm

1) Gate behind the boar in the parish was down for me as a summon, but the host and another summon ran right through it as if it was up (leaving me stuck).

2) The classic "flying sunbro" animation where you summon a sunbro and their praise the sun gesture appearance moves around the area.

3) As a summon, running into invisible drake & invisible fire on the drake bridge (there was no visible flame or even sound but my character itself would spontaneously burst into flame and get knocked down).

4) Same thing but with invisible boar (getting smashed around / tossup attack in his area).

5) Temporarily invisible darkwraith invaders - you randomly start taking damage, and then 3-4 seconds later you get the invasion message and sound simultaneously, and the darkwraith pops into existence in front of you already fully active (i.e., no animation of them appearing). Some suspect this a hack and not a bug despite happening on PS3 as well.

6) Never being able to see Quelaag's goods even though all that jumping should definitely move her hair.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:55 pm

has anyone had the glitch that seems to be a kiln only glitch. i was fighting this guy and he had full health and i go in for the backstab and i backstab him and it does half his life. then he falls through the snow, theres a long pause, he dies.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:00 pm

One glitch I had in the Parish was when I triggered the Bridge Wyvern, he jumped down, I ran past him and made a dash to the bonfire, but the Wyvern still attacked me when I was there and I was frozen at the bonfire. No menu, no movement at all, couldn't even quit from the Start menu. I could still move the camera, just not get up from the bonfire.

I also had a bone-skelly in the catacombs lunge at me only to fly off and go through the wall, I ran away but I saw him attacking from inside the ledge you land on.
    Nccbd
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Nccbd Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:09 pm

About the blue invader that only the host seeing it, i think this guy belong to darkmoon conv. He comes for revenge no for being gang up. So the duel will be only him and the host. Point Forward
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:28 pm

nope, darkmoons can be ganked normally like any other invader, this glitch has been known to occur most often with reds but has occured with vengence spirits (darkmoons) and forest hunter blue spirits
    Nccbd
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Nccbd Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:31 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:nope, darkmoons can be ganked normally like any other invader, this glitch has been known to occur most often with reds but has occured with vengence spirits (darkmoons) and forest hunter blue spirits

And then its my bad, its happened on me only with darkmoon guys. Sorry guys
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:32 pm

befowler wrote:6) Never being able to see Quelaag's goods even though all that jumping should definitely move her hair.
    Strange Glitches 945058907 Strange Glitches 945058907 Strange Glitches 945058907
    deadagain
    deadagain
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by deadagain Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:39 pm

Ghost knights on stairway down to kiln will walk through wall and walk across the sky, pretty funny glitch.
    Moon light butterfly won't attack, just flies away so you can't attack it.
    Rite of kindling message appears for no reason.
    Phantom damage from dead boar in parish (seems to only happen when I am summoned)
    TheAshenPhantom
    TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TheAshenPhantom Sun May 06, 2012 2:43 am

I've had a couple of glitches that have kinda bugged me.

1. I've noticed that some of the npc phantoms I've summoned aren't doing any damage. There is no numbers coming up for their attacks and even when they do attack they aren't moving the health bar at all. Expereinced this with both Gapping dragon and O&S with Solaire and Lautrec(Gapping dragon only for lautrec). Solair and Lautrec did just fine agains the gargolyes but it seemed that after that fight they could no longer damage enemies. This has affected two my characters.

2. I've been invaded while sitting a at a bonfire. I've never heard of someone being invade while sitting at a bonfire before, and not sure if thats a glitch or if that is someone hacking.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun May 06, 2012 3:00 am

I dont think the ghost knights are a glitch, they look like they were put ther on purpose.

Forest hunters turning up as white phantoms.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun May 06, 2012 3:43 am

at ashen:

depends on the bonfire, some are invadeable some are not, check to see if you can place a white sign or not, if not you can't be invaded, works even better if you check via an invasion item.

also a funny glitch i found involving binoculars and arrow... by preparing to fir an arow (2 haninding it via fire button) then using binoculars you press the fire button while in the binocular view screen to get the arrow stuck to your hand, this works with dragonslayer arrows and bolts as well, however fire arrows don't stay on fire etc, also this has no dicernable effect on hit box or damage and so far is purely aestetic if anyone finds that its not please remove this post or tell me too once i know how.
    barcio
    barcio
    Casual
    Casual

Post by barcio Sun May 06, 2012 5:26 am

Nate the Great wrote:2. the rat in the aqueduct fell through the level after i killed him, and i think he might have dropped some humanity so i was bummed!.

Happens to me every now and then, with different enemies in different locations.... even better - I fell through the floor 2 or 3 times resulting in an endless fall :affraid: Once while getting of the ladder at the end of Depths, where you enter Blightown, once in the passage connecting B-Town and Great Hollow.

Damn, was i surprised silly
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun May 06, 2012 5:59 am

Today I got invaded, and (I hate the fact that I have good enough internet to do PvP, but it's rarely good PvP) I started hammering on him with my maxed out Demon's Greataxe, and I'm doing 500's, and this guy still lives after 3, 4 hits, but he somehow gets a backstop on me WHILE I continue to hear the "phantom getting hurt" sound, and I don't get hurt AT ALL. This actually happened twice during this same invasion. After the first backstab, though, he used humanity, and the after the second, I grabbed a phantom to help, and then the invader went all out with his Light. Claymore and killed me.
    Sebastrd
    Sebastrd
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sebastrd Sun May 06, 2012 9:50 am

befowler wrote:6) Never being able to see Quelaag's goods even though all that jumping should definitely move her hair.

This glitch is inexcusable, and I demand it be fixed immediately! :x
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Sun May 06, 2012 1:39 pm

Rite of kindling message appears for no reason.

This happened to me the other day in the Parish, was putting down my red stone for FC, and I get the kindling message followed by session ended... Uhh, K. I guess pinwheel was taking a vacation.

I started hammering on him with my maxed out Demon's Greataxe, and I'm doing 500's, and this guy still lives after 3, 4 hits, but he somehow gets a backstop on me WHILE I continue to hear the "phantom getting hurt" sound, and I don't get hurt AT ALL.

If you take a BS and the person BS takes damage just before landing it cancels the damage of the backstab, so if you wear thorn armour, you can usually avoid backstabbers by canceling their damage. Or as a phantom I always try to pokeypoke them before they can get behind the host, which will on occasion cancel the damage, the knock down is still a setback but its better than taking a full lifebar.

Other than that, the other day I was fighting the Iron Golem in sens as a phantom, and he BACKHANDED ME. I went flying off into the horizon like a rocket! I just kept going, then I hit an invisible wall and fell.. and fell.. and fell.. The host killed the golem finally and I got the You Died message. No souls, respawed at the start of sens. Shrug

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:40 pm