Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Dr. Demento
Doelker
Ser Isaac
7 posters

XBL: Anyone want to RP in the game?

Ser Isaac
    Ser Isaac
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

XBL: Anyone want to RP in the game? Empty XBL: Anyone want to RP in the game?

Post by Ser Isaac Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:00 pm

Just need one partner for private chat or if we can do 2 using the comp for VOIP.
    Dont know if anyone atempted this i just enjoy the game and i want to really rp with friends but most of my friends dont have mics or just feel awkward and thats no problem so hoping for a miracle i might get some dedicated people who'll want to rp.

So basicly if those that are interested i want it to be a new experience so we have to start over.

I could compromise i have other toons that are 120 100 90 but not in NG+
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

XBL: Anyone want to RP in the game? Empty Re: XBL: Anyone want to RP in the game?

Post by Doelker Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:57 pm

Sorry... What does RP stand for?
    Ser Isaac
    Ser Isaac
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

XBL: Anyone want to RP in the game? Empty Re: XBL: Anyone want to RP in the game?

Post by Ser Isaac Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:01 am

Oh derp..><.. roleplay I was wandering if anyone on the forums wanted to roleplay in the game with me.
    Dr. Demento
    Dr. Demento
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dr. Demento Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:31 am

Sounds like fun.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:32 am

Damnit, why can't you be on PSN! I've been trying to hide my RP half craving it, but I just can only hold out for so long! sad
    Ser Isaac
    Ser Isaac
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ser Isaac Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:46 am

Wish I had PSN too sometimes.. Demon soul's bosses are soo cool...
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:26 am

Tolvo wrote:Damnit, why can't you be on PSN! I've been trying to hide my RP half craving it, but I just can only hold out for so long! sad
    i could do some roleplay with you if you want.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:27 am

The only issue is without a mic it will be very difficult, PSN chat is very, le crap. I really need to find that wireless keyboard.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:31 am

Tolvo wrote:The only issue is without a mic it will be very difficult, PSN chat is very, le crap. I really need to find that wireless keyboard.
    i have been saving up for a wireless keyboard. but yes the chat is very bad
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:32 am

I can't remember who, but somebody told me they can connect to the PS3, so you can use them to type in there. I imagine there's still lag, but it won't be anywhere near as bad as with using the sticks to type.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:38 am

th ps3 has usb ports so i imagine you could also try to stick a regular keyboard there. don’t know if that would work though. but there are special WKs for the ps3, they can even be stuck to the controller. where i live they cost about 40€. going to buy one next week.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:52 am

So that's like, 60-70 Dollars right? See I don't have that kind of money laying around, so I have to go through heaps of mechanical crap looking for anything that works and plugging it in.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:59 am

i don’t know where you live. i quickly looked it up on amazon and it costs 26,90$ there.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:01 am

Really? I wish I could find one around here like that, maybe if I find a cheap one at target or something, the ones at best buy are always too expensive for me.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:05 am

can’t you just order buy it on the internet? if not then you will probably have to look for a cheap one in a store somewhere.

OT: im not on xbox so i can’t RP with you.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:06 am

I never order anything online, had too many bad experiences. Target is literally a three minute walk because of how small towns develop into big ones, so I'll check them out tomorrow.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:19 am

How do you mean to roleplay? I have never heard of this term applied to videogaming before.

You chat in character or something? It does sound interesting, but 1. I am mic shy, 2. I am on PSN as well.. but I would be down with a written style rp like tolvo seems to be talking about.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:21 am

Don't worry about being shy, we can do it in the Capra Demon's basement it's cool. As long as we don't wake his parents we can be down there tille like, 3:00AM...Yes I used to play DnD.

Actually, there used to be a written RP on this site, as well some people have been writing Character stories...Maybe...Maybe we could start something really lame and nerdy? Something so nerdy, I'll stay up at 5:30AM when I should be resting for work so that I can continue my story. :oops:
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:34 am

I wasn't aware you slept Tolvo.

Carpa's mom better not bring us down cookies and lemonade again.. I've never actually Pen and Paper Rp'd I have only ever done written ... essay long back and forth roleplaying. So if you can explain how it works, I would be interested. Besides we are already being kind of nerdy posting on a forum about video games and blathering about the lore in said video game. haha.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:36 am

Ah, you did what was called modern Lit RP'ing, I'm not a fan of it, more so the modern Semi-Lit. I was never fond of those terms though. How literate you are has nothing to do with the length of your posts. Think more focus on interraction which might be better for a Dark Souls thing. I'm sure Gravelord Hunter and Viral might want to get in on this.

I sleep usually every other day, for a few hours. I have terrible Insomnia.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:45 am

I stopped Rping when those terms became used. its been so long I nearly forgot how stupid they were. Thanks for reminding me.

I was saying essay long in a joking manner, aside from my first post (assuming I was also describing setting etc) I don't think I ever went over what everyone started calling semi-lit.

The communities I used to rp in just got too egotistical, so I really havent done it for almost 5 years or more.

Anyway, tangent, you should make a thread to garner Ps3 interest. So far I am still confued if it would be written roleplaying as mentioned above or if you intend to play the game while in a skype chat room or something and write in-character or something.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:48 am

I'm leaning towards written on the forum, since invasions, levels, armor/items, could easily make things a total ***** to get running.

Yeah, people got really big heads. I still check on some communities every now and then, and I never post in them for a reason. I may have sounded like I had a big head sometimes when I played with people, but I do work as a writer, so I can't help it sometimes. It would be like a guy with some experience in the game industries talking a bit big on here, he probably wouldn't intend to and just want to give his opinions. Plus with written there aren't as many restrictions on character designs and stories.
    Ser Isaac
    Ser Isaac
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ser Isaac Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:02 am

Why not use the computer and DL TS3 to use VOIP and talk that way to RP. My friend has a Teamspeak 3 server and he doesn't mind me sharing it =\
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:04 am

I don't have a microphone, so I can't speak myself and do any of my crazy and dramatic voices, such as the old man riding a horse with hemorrhoids, but I can certainly listen in.
    Ser Isaac
    Ser Isaac
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ser Isaac Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:06 am

Well the RP doesn't have to be perfect. Just enjoyable, I had fun when I was able to RP with one of my good buddies until he just randomly disappeared. Still I try to ask new Dark Soul friend on my XBL friends list if their interested.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:46 pm